Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 4,301 to 4,320 of 44,950

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Foxconn, Pegatron start production of Sony PS4 Pro, Foxconn trialling production of Nintendo NX

Foxconn Electronics and Pegatron have begun production of the PlayStation (PS) 4 Pro, a new Sony game console to be launched on November 10, and Foxconn has undertaken trial production of the NX, a new Nintendo games console, according to industry sources.

Foxconn and Pegatron used to equally share OEM production of PS consoles, but in 2016 Pegatron is responsible for nearly 70% of production, the sources said. Pegatron and Foxconn will increase shipments of PS 4 Pro consoles in October and November to meet peak demand prior to the year-end season, the sources indicated.

In addition to PS 4 Pro, Foxconn is the largest OEM for Nintendo NX, followed by Japan-based Misumi Electronics and Hosiden, the sources noted. Annual production of Nintendo NX is estimated at 9.5-10 million units, the sources said.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20160922PD207.html

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

MarcelRguez

@skywake I see what you mean but, personally, I still find it incredibly off-putting. Not to mention, no leak has mentioned the existence of more ports for the controllers, just the two on the sides.

@AlternateButtons I don't get what you mean. You want to see them do what they are doing now, just more aggressively?

@FragRed That's Shibata's touch for you.

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Everything is going according to plan, except the reveal. It's like they forgot they have to announce the bloody thing.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

skywake

MarcelRguez wrote:

@skywake I see what you mean but, personally, I still find it incredibly off-putting. Not to mention, no leak has mentioned the existence of more ports for the controllers, just the two on the sides.

Well I'm not sure if any of the leaks have mentioned how the controllers even attach. The original Eurogamer article simply says that they are removable and that they can be attached on the sides. It doesn't actually specify whether that means just the two sides or not. Because when you hold a 16:9 screen (like a phone) in portrait mode? The sides are not the sides anymore.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

dtjive

DefHalan wrote:

@MarcelRguez With such a big publisher, especially a publisher that is involved with so many different types of games. (Just Dance, Assassins Creed, Trials, Far Cry) It is very vague. What did they learn from wii U? What games are they wanting to make for the NX? It doesn't really tell us and it just feels like the beginning of the Wii U again where Ubisoft was on board until sales weren't great... ZombiU was awesome

The way I took it was that the Wii U attempted to do something innovative without Nintendo knowing how best to use it or whether people wanted two screens. A lot of people have said on here before that the approach to the Wii U was wrong. They came up with a concept first then later would try to figure out how to use it.

I think what he's saying this time is that it's something that "he knows people want" (not sure whether referring to devs or consumers, I suspect both?) and so Nintendo have addressed their mistakes by creating something that will improve gameplay/is desired rather than creating something and then trying to sell people that they need this device.

dtjive

MarcelRguez

@skywake They have, actually. It was detailed by Laura Dale at Let's Play Videogames. It works on a similar fashion to how a nunchuk fits on the Wiimote. She does mention that the source is less reliable than usual, but it's the only info we have on that front.

Extra info supporting what @SLIGEACH_EIRE posted before. Emily Rogers edited a previous post of hers a couple of days ago with new info:

Emily Rogers wrote:

Tiny Update #1 — September 20th, 2016

• Toshiba, Megachips, and Macronix are all involved with the Nintendo NX.
  • Toshiba is the world’s second-largest NAND chip maker after Samsung. They also manufactured the flash memory chips for the Nintendo 3DS.
  • NX hardware is finalized. Don’t expect any drastic changes.
  • NX is now entering a very early stage of production.
  • Zero percent chance of NX being delayed from its March launch.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

FragRed

Well if Nintendo doesn't seem in any hurry to reveal the NX, I will happily await for the leaks from within Foxconn of what the NX is, at least in terms of the looks.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Samurai_Goroh

Brace yourselves for the "Foxconn Direct", boys!

Samurai_Goroh

gcunit

Not sure how she can say zero chance of delays if non-drastic changes to the hardware are still possible and that it's only in the very early stages of production.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

skywake

MarcelRguez wrote:

@skywake They have, actually. It was detailed by Laura Dale at Let's Play Videogames. It works on a similar fashion to how a nunchuk fits on the Wiimote. She does mention that the source is less reliable than usual, but it's the only info we have on that front.

Well ok, one supposed leak that has since been called unreliable. And even then it doesn't actually say anything to contradict what I was theorising earlier. It just says that the detachable controllers connect via "a hole" on "each side of the system". Does that mean the two sides of a landscape orientated display? Or does it also mean the top and bottom aka the "portrait/DS mode sides"?

Edited on by skywake

AlternateButtons

@MarcelRguez No I want them to stop treating themselves like they're playing in a different field. I want them to consider Sony and Microsoft rivals again. And more importantly, I want them to be relevant again to consumers. A lot of people think it's just Sony vs Microsoft and Nintendo is forgotten off to the side. I want Nintendo to be in the console wars again and compete with the innovations they make with the NX. Existing in this bubble doesn't seem to be doing them any favors.

AlternateButtons

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

DjLewe78

@AlternateButtons

The problem with competing with others is that someone has to lose.

If you are not competing you can't lose.

1 up !

FragRed

@DjLewe78 Apart from Nintendo ARE loosing. The Wii U is a disaster in terms of sales and support.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

DjLewe78

@FragRed

They know that which is why, Nintendo is preparing, their marketing and launch lineup before releasing it.
It's been said a thousand times before that there is no point competing against PS4 so launch an affordable, innovative new machine, to play a good steady stream of Nintendo and hopefully 3rd party games on.
If people then do buy an NX to sit next to a PS4 at home, I personally think the PS4 will be the machine gathering dust in the future.

Nintendo reclaims their title without competing.

Job done

1 up !

PikPi

Whether they want to admit it or not, they are competing with the PS4 and Xbox One. They are just in such a distant 3rd place that people like to pretend they're not even in the race.

PikPi

DjLewe78

@Operative

I'm not sure as Nintendo games are without doubt an enigma on their own. Other developers cannot produce anywhere near the quality and presence of Nintendos first party titles.
The games have a Certain something that you can't get anywhere which kinda makes Nintendo unique.

If they are unique, there's no competition.

Sure if you wanna count sales yeah, PS4 pulls it's pants down and, well you what over the competition. But how many millions of those PS4s are only ever used to play FIFA or COD? If you own a WIIU you more than likely are a gamer who buys a lot more software. Meaning if you can sell enough machines, nor only will you catch Sony up, you will also make a ton of money through games.

1 up !

skywake

FragRed wrote:

@DjLewe78 Apart from Nintendo ARE loosing. The Wii U is a disaster in terms of sales and support.

The point is that it's not a zero-sum game. Just because the Wii U wasn't a hit doesn't mean they lost marketshare to Sony/MS. And in the same way they don't necessarily have to take the wind out of Sony/MS to regain some marketshare with NX.

It's like Twitter vs Facebook. They're obviously competing on some level because they're both social media websites. But they're not really targeting the same people. Because one's a largely unfiltered live feed and the other is a heavily filtered feed of longer form content. When one gains users it's not at the expense of the other because they're useful for entirely different things.

IceClimbers

@AlternateButtons Keep in mind that Nintendo would be considered 3rd place in a market where there's really only one mainstream brand, and that's the PlayStation. Xbox? They can arguably be considered niche. The Xbox brand primarily appeals to a subset of gamers in the US and the UK who want shooters, racing sims, and sports games. Sales numbers don't lie.

Sony doesn't consider themselves to be competing with the Xbox as far as the PS4 Pro goes - they're more interested in keeping people in their ecosystem and preventing them from going to PC.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

AlternateButtons

@BiasedSonyFan I specifically said they can't win the power war. But they can win the innovation war. You can compete in more ways then just specs you know.

AlternateButtons

AlternateButtons

@BiasedSonyFan No they're not. They've said many times that they don't consider themselves in competition with Sony or Microsoft but rather in their own bubble doing their own thing. When was the last time you heard someone mention "console war" and be referring to all three companies? You don't because people only consider the race to be between Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo isn't even a factor to some consumers anymore. So no, Nintendo is not and has not competed with them since the Wii. What I'M saying is that they need to take their innovations and go after the other two with it. Enter the race from a different angle. Because right now, they're just doing their own weird thing and that's what's making them irrelevant.

AlternateButtons

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo NX to be released Christmas 2016

Retailers in the UK are being asked to put their final orders in for the Wii U.

Are Nintendo due to shock the world with an earlier than expected release for the Nintendo NX?

Nintendo revealed earlier this year that Nintendo NX is currently scheduled for a March 2017 release date, to land alongside The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

However;

Nintendo is now taking final orders on Wii U consoles. Those that haven't ordered by the end of next week (Friday September 30) will not be able to order the Wii U again from Nintendo. Is this Nintendo's last roll of the dice with the Wii U so they can plan to give retailers details about the new hardware next month? Is something exciting due to be announced in October?

To add further to the speculation, rumours have begun circulating that the NX has now entered "trial production" ahead of release. A production that is rumoured to produce 10 Million NX consoles per year or 2.5 Million per quarter at Foxconn Electronics alone.

The NX console was officially announced on March 17, 2015 - over 18 months ago! This has already been the longest period between a console announcement and its reveal.

With games already deep into development; are we going to be surprised by an October announcement that the NX is coming out before Christmas? Could Nintendo already have a launch line-up of games ready to go out? Some games must already be finished - so why not shock the world and launch at peak?

Would you buy the NX if it came out this year?

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/video-gaming-news/2541/nintendo-nx-...

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic