Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 4,301 to 4,320 of 69,997

Samurai_Goroh

Octane wrote:

@DefHalan On my 32GB internal HHD. That's gotta be a joke. Not going to buy a new HHD just for one game, and I'm certainly not buying an NX because my Wii U lacks internal storage. They would reach an all-time low for me if they cheaped out like that.

I'm on the same page, I'm not going to buy an Nx just for BotW and I'm not getting a Wii U HDD at this point either. I would feel like killing someone at Nintendo, God forbid.

Samurai_Goroh

Octane

@WebHead Is it weird that this is probably one of the most credible leaks to date? Not sure what's going on at Foxconn, but they really don't care about NDAs.

I've tried to comprehend the info. From what I've gathered, the NX is a handheld that requires an additional box to be carried around if you want to play all games. Then there's another box that's essentially a TV out module. Definitely more complicated than I imagined, and that's not even counting the detachable controllers...

@upsidedownjim That's how the gaming media uses the words; handhelds for handheld consoles and consoles for home consoles. Not sure if Nintendo handles the same definitions. Console can mean anything in that context.

Octane

Octane

Well, never mind then. Glad it's not real, cause it looked way too complicated.

Octane

FragRed

I am relieved to hear that it was not a leak, but it will only be a matter of time until something proper gets out giving a fuller idea of what the NX is especially now it's going into production. Just wonder if this has any effect on Nintendo's reveal plans. Probably not.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DefHalan

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

Octane wrote:

On my 32GB internal HHD. That's gotta be a joke. Not going to buy a new HHD just for one game, and I'm certainly not buying an NX because my Wii U lacks internal storage. They would reach an all-time low for me if they cheaped out like that.

I'm on the same page, I'm not going to buy an Nx just for BotW and I'm not getting a Wii U HDD at this point either. I would feel like killing someone at Nintendo, God forbid.

A) There will probably be more than just Zelda they are using to sell the NX to you.
B) Maybe Zelda will fit on the Wii U 32GB internal system's memory.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Octane

@DefHalan Maybe if you don't have anything else stored on your internal HDD...

Octane

IceClimbers

Yeah I don't feel like deleting everything on my Wii U just to play Zelda. Will have to make sure I can go get a physical copy.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

faint

@DefHalan i think you're on to something. It makes a lot of sense to have a launch version for both consoles in one case.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

DefHalan

@faint Have it be launch release special type thing, so over time those copies get harder to find, and they have create a great way to encourage people to upgrade. Collectors will want it, then question why they would have the NX version if they don't have a NX, so go get a NX lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

skywake

upsidedownjim wrote:

Came across a job listing on Nintendo's NERD site that says "R&D software engineer on new generation consoles":

http://www.nerd.nintendo.com/files/NERD_Console_Software_Engi...

Under job description it lists "Produce multi-platform or console code" and under "Experience in or more of the following fields...Game development, especially on consoles"

Wouldn't say that's a smoking gun for NX being a console but just a small bit of fuel to the speculation fire.

That isn't a position where that sort of thing really matters. They're never really going to pay much attention to what specific form the platform takes. They're going to be so close to the wire that it'd be virtually unrecognisable.

Anyways, the job description also talks about reverse engineering. So obviously they want them to be also familiar with older platforms. Think of, for example, the 3DS ports of Wii U games. Or the GBA VC on the Wii U. That's the sort of thing someone in this position would be wanted for.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

skywake

IceClimbers wrote:

@WebHead Going further into the thread, it's apparently not from the same guy that leaked the PS4 Pro design.

It's also not a real leak: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217902119&post...

I like how quickly some of these things rise and fall. I stumbled across it somewhere else and thought "this is nonsense, this can't be real". And before I know it I'm reading someone confirming it's not real.

MarcelRguez

Saw it yesterday too. Glad it's not real, but I do like the concept of a more "modular" console.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

FragRed

My idea is that the NX will incorporate a tissue dispensing device for each time Nintendo makes one of their "decisions" so the fans can cry whole continuing to play first party games.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Therad

MarcelRguez wrote:

Saw it yesterday too. Glad it's not real, but I do like the concept of a more "modular" console.

it seemed to complicated. It would be so much simpler to just release 2 consoles instead. Probably cheaper too.

Therad

Moshugan

Starting to sound like a broken record, but...
Nintendo had better have an aggressive advertisement campaign if they're gonna have just a few months between the reveal and the release.
I say that if we haven't heard anything by the middle of October, then it's gonna be delayed.

...but I'm still hopeful that the reveal will be on this last week of September. Or before Paper Mario. Or before PS VR release...

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

skywake

@Moshugan
I'm not sure how much the timing matters in the end. It depends on what kind of device it is but generally the interest comes after launch. Most consumers find out about it at that point. And the ones that are a bit more clued in? Well they're glued to NX news anyways.

BTW, if you look at google trends and compare Nintendo NX, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U? All equivalently clunky search terms but they have to be because "NX" is bigger than Nintendo. Nintendo NX is now about on par with Nintendo 3DS. Both well ahead of the Wii U. They don't need to do that much, they already have our attention.

Grumblevolcano

@Moshugan I think at this point expecting NX reveal before Color Splash is very unrealistic. The question is though is how many weeks Nintendo will dedicate to Color Splash promotion.

One thing I was wondering about is if there's no NX reveal before the October meeting, does Nintendo have to say something less vague about NX at the meeting or can they technically still be as vague as they have been over the past months?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I think the answer to that question depends on how unrealistic Nintendo's expectations are that Color Splash is going to sell Wii U units. I personally think it'll be a minimal budget marketing campaign - social media and Nintendo fan sites like this one. Those who'll buy the game own a Wii U, and even then looking at the reaction it's received so far it may not be that much better than Federation Force sales but who knows.

MarcelRguez

@FragRed Same thought here. I can't see Nintendo halting the NX reveal just because of a Wii U title that it's not going to sell that well no matter what they do.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic