Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 4,281 to 4,300 of 44,644

WebHead

@MarcelRguez tbh shouldn't be surprised. :? Nintendo would KILL them.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DefHalan

@MarcelRguez after searching what a Wii Mini looks like, gotta agree, that power button

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MarcelRguez

@WebHead I'd be more surprised by the fact that he managed to secure a devkit in the first place.

@DefHalan That's what gave it away for me too.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

As far as indies go, only the bigger Nindies like Yacht Club and Wayforward are going to have dev kits as of right now.

The one indie dev that isn't currently a Nindie that should really have a dev kit is Psyonix, the devs behind Rocket League. Being able to play Rocket League on the go would be a great marketing point.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DefHalan

IceClimbers wrote:

As far as indies go, only the bigger Nindies like Yacht Club and Wayforward are going to have dev kits as of right now.

The one indie dev that isn't currently a Nindie that should really have a dev kit is Psyonix, the devs behind Rocket League. Being able to play Rocket League on the go would be a great marketing point.

I doubt any Indies have dev kits. I would hope Psyonix has them, but my buddy that works there NEVER TALKS ABOUT WORK... its like he takes NDAs seriously lol

shaneoh

DjLewe78 wrote:

Is it fair to say people that leak are bad at their jobs?

More than fair

Octane wrote:

Maybe use the screen in portrait mode and divide it in two to simulate the two screen of the 3DS? I don't know.

Having played a DS emulator on my PC (only games I own, I swear), it looks like sin. An ugly bar of colour separating the top and bottom screen, or have them right on top of each other, which makes any animation that covers both screens look disjointed.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

AlternateButtons

Hey since this might be a portable home console hybrid, do you think the system will use circle pads or control sticks? And honestly, what's the pros and cons of each? Don't they do the same thing just as good?

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Octane

Control sticks are much more comfortable.

Octane

DefHalan

AlternateButtons wrote:

Hey since this might be a portable home console hybrid, do you think the system will use circle pads or control sticks? And honestly, what's the pros and cons of each? Don't they do the same thing just as good?

Control Sticks are better, but not very portable. If this system is supposed to be portable, then it should have circle pads... I guess they could sell control stick controller attachments separately.

Samurai_Goroh

I don't really like circle pads, hope for control sticks, but prepare for the worst. This is precisely where the NX might fail, being the jack of all trades (handheld and home), but the master of none.

Samurai_Goroh

AlternateButtons

I don't mind circle pads personally. The 3DS certainly got me used to them. Control sticks are certainly more accurate and I do prefer them but if this is a hybrid..I'm not sure how they could work. So if it's a circle pad, I'll deal. I mean the Wii U was originally going to have circle pads wasn't it?

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

skywake

gcunit wrote:

What I'm finding difficult to square: the Eurogamer article was fairly detailed, but was weeks ago now. If someone was prepared to share that much information then, why hasn't there been more stuff leaked since?

That's not how it works. If for example well before the Wii U launch someone had come out with a huge leak. One that said it's a home console that's about as powerful as the 360 with a screen in the controller. What else would there be to leak? Every leak after that would just be repeating the same thing. Maybe with the occasional one talking about the amount of internal storage or something else mundane. Because what else is there to say?

That's essentially what's happened with the Eurogamer leak. We got a leak that told us the NX is a portable system that docks to your TV. That it's powered by NVidia Tegra and uses cartridges. That it has detachable controllers. If that's accurate what else is there to leak?

MarcelRguez wrote:

If that were the case, the NX would turn into a cross-shaped aberration whilst in portrait mode. I don't see an easy solution.

Untitled
Take the speakers and surrounding plastic off the top section. There you go. I don't see what the issue is with that layout. We've essentially had a vertical screen the with buttons on the sides on Nintendo's portables for a decade now. And frankly that sort of flexibility is the best argument I can think of for detachable controllers.

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

AlternateButtons

I'm currently watching Nintendo's E3 2005 conference. And man they're just trash talking Sony left and right! Comparing sales numbers and saying how they own the industry! I gotta say I miss those days. I really wish Nintendo would compete in the console wars again. Maybe not for power but for how they have something different to offer. I never got how Nintendo considered itself existing on a different plane than Sony and Microsoft. People still compare all 3 big companies sales numbers. They compete for the same third parties. They're still in the same industry! Why can't Nintendo make the NX compete with the PS4 and Xbox One? They won't win the power battle but they can win the innovation battle by a land slide.

Here's the presentation for anyone curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anRy0JeHeCY&feature=youtu.be

Edited on by AlternateButtons

FragRed

@AlternateButtons Nintendo has a very different audience today then it did ten years ago, outside of the Nintendo fans that is. As a company they are moving further and further towards the kids in the way they advertise and market their products. And I think this has something to do with the reason they consider themselves different to Microsoft and Sony, despite the fact a lot more children play COD and not Nintendo.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

faint

@FragRed they marketed to kids in the 80's. The only time I remember them marketing to older players was late in the n64s life span.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

FragRed

@faint I can't remember the adverts Nintendo used here in the UK other than the Goldeneye and Gamecube ones, but looking at Nintendo's US adverts from the NES and SNES days they seemed a lot more aggressive and edgy then the soft cuddly vibes they go for now.

faint

@FragRed I was a kid in 80's USA. What I saw as a ten year old was slightly older kids telling me how cool or tuff a game was. I wanted to be cool like those kids and begged my parents for those games. You have to look at it through a kids lens. Why do you think call of duty is so popular with younger kids? Why do you think a guy like pewdie pie or markiplier can get millions of kids to play Minekraft? It's the same reason I begged for Zelda and contra as a kid.

Edited on by faint

[email protected]

faint

@FragRed Currently Nintendo of Japan markets cuddly and cute because that works quite well in Japan. Nintendo of America has no idea what they are doing so they follow suit. The only time I've scene them take a chance this gen was with the Bayonetta Playboy crossover which didn't work due to entirely missing the point of what she represents as a character. I can't speak for the uk but in the us that's what they do.

[email protected]

FragRed

@faint I get the impression the Europe division strongly follows what Japan does/says to do. Even the Nintendo Directs are very typical of what NoJ does in its style.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic