Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,301 to 26,320 of 31,471

RR529

@Grumblevolcano, at most M&S 2020 would rule out a 2020 release for MG, but not the absense of MG entirely.

Despite the existence of M&S 2012 & M&S 2016 on 3DS, it got both Mario Golf: World Tour & Mario Sports Superstars (which had a golf mode).

Mario Golf will either appear next year, or after M&S 2020. Camelot has to do something after Aces releases afterall, and it would probably be quicker for them to turn out a Mario Golf than a Golden Sun (to keep the release schedule momentum), as I imagine they'd be able to reuse some assets from Mario Tennis Aces (like maybe the character models). Furthermore, if Aces is indeed just built "on top" of Ultra Smash, it may have not taken long to develop.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Grumblevolcano

@RR529 Depends on the lifespan of the Switch and how much effort is put into Mario & Sonic 2020. Also Mario & Sonic 2012 didn't have golf so World Tour was the debut of Mario Golf type experiences on 3DS.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Harmonie

@link3710 It's true that there was an eight year gap between Golden Sun TLA and Dark Dawn. The problem is that the original two Golden Sun games were very well received and sold well, whereas Dark Dawn didn't do as well on either count.

I personally saw nothing wrong with Dark Dawn, but apparently everyone else did. And when Super Smash Bros 4 came out and not only did Golden Sun not get more representation but it actually decreased in representation down from having an AT to not, I really began to lose hope.

I know that's Super Smash Bros, and all. Probably not the best gauge, but it's not that alone.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

RR529

@Grumblevolcano, it depends on if Mario & Sonic even "counts" for Nintendo, being that it's an externally developed series.

There's really no evidence one way or the other as to whether Nintendo decides what sports games to release themselves based on what SEGA chooses to put in it's Olympic games.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

DarthNocturnal

I'd rather they remake Golden Sun & Lost Age into the one game it was supposed to be. That'd give it it's 2nd chance, and renew interest in continuing the series if it's well received (either with a Dark Dawn remake and further sequels, or a retcon of Dark Dawn with a whole new “3rd“ game).

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

NaviAndMii

bluemage1989 wrote:

Id like to Mario Strikers there as well. Mario Sports titles are underrated in my opinion. I actually enjoyed Mario Tennis on WiiU it's just a shame it was so bare bones so I have high hopes for Aces this year.

Yeah, I agree that Nintendo's sports games are underrated - I'd genuinely rate Mario Strikers Charged Football as one of the best football games I've ever played, Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort were amazing, Mario Tennis games are usually pretty great...and they even managed to make Golf fun! ()

I'm actually pretty hopeful about Aces - can't wait to see more of it! ..and I'd love to see Nintendo bring a few others to Switch too - Strikers, Golf, Sports...bring 'em all I say!

I'm not sure we'll see any others this year, but I'd love to be proved wrong!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Events | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

bluemage1989

I know its based a lot on optimism but I do think Mario Golf is in development. I imagine Ultra Smash provided a solid foundation for Aces and the team required is fairly small compared to something built from the ground up.

I also think the lack of sport titles on Switch means Nintendo will have to to it alone and make there own and these two titles would be a great start.

Currently Playing:

Switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Doom and Arms.

WiiU: Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Mario Party 10.

N64: Donkey Kong 64 and Jet Force Gemini.

Xbox One: Battlefield 1 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

There's a reason we're getting Aces instead of a new Mario Strikers or Golf game despite them being absent for far longer. Aces is clearly an extension of Ultra Smash. That turd was half-baked, it was removed from the oven way too early, there's no way Aces can be worse. I prefer Strikers and Golf personally. And I'd love a new Mario Golf game out of all the sports games Nintendo make. I'd change the swing meter though.

Nintendo needed something on Wii U near the end as it was continually starved, they kept all the good stuff for Switch. They shoveled out some awful crap. They probably looked at it like, "we're going to rerelease Wii U games on Switch anyway, so we might as well give Wii U owners the demo version of Aces and charge them €60 for the privilege disgrace".

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Anti-Matter

@bluemage1989
I wonder if there will be Mario Martial Mix.
Compilation of Boxing, Kickboxing, Karate, Judo and Capoeira with Mario characters and Miis.
Oh, Mario and other guys will be barechested for Boxing / Kickboxing.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Toki Tori 2+ is OUT NOW on Switch Experience Toki Tori's Epic Puzzle

Adventure on the go, for the first time ever, as Toki Tori 2+: Nintendo Switch Edition is OUT NOW in the eShop. In this blog post, we explain why this is the best version of the game so far.

http://twotribes.com/message/toki-tori-2-switch-out-now/

Check out Two Tribes website to see all the improvements that they made to the game. I may have to buy this AGAIN at some point. It's just that good.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

OorWullie

I have no issue with Aces being an improved and expanded version of Ultra Smash. I love tennis games but I didn't buy that one as I knew beforehand what I would have got if I had,or in this case wouldn't have got. I left a comment in this thread several months ago saying I'd like to see a new Mario Tennis game for Switch that uses the same engine as US but has all the features Ultra Smash should have had and more. The graphics and gameplay itself were good, just there was nothing to do in it. It would have been a shame to see what was half built be wasted.

I loved Toki Tori, I completed it on Wii and then bought it again on Wii U just to support the devs. It's sequel however I didn't enjoy at all. It was a lovely looking game and certainly unique but I just didn't find it to be fun to play. I think gave up on it about half way out of boredom, rather than challenge.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

DarthNocturnal

I think there's another AWOL franchise we're forgetting... Punchout. It hasn't been absent as long as F-Zero, but the last acknowledgement of the franchise was Smash 4, half a decade after the last game.

And yes, I'm aware ARMS exists. But comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges. One is a fighting game. The other is a puzzle game cleverly disguised as a boxing game.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Knuckles-Fajita

@DarthNocturnal Which is which

Sign up for the NL Inklings Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Tournament on June 23rd: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Anti-Matter

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I think there's another AWOL franchise we're forgetting... Punchout. It hasn't been absent as long as F-Zero, but the last acknowledgement of the franchise was Smash 4, half a decade after the last game.

And yes, I'm aware ARMS exists. But comparing the two is like apples and oranges. One is a fighting game. The other is a puzzle game cleverly disguised as a boxing game.

I would like to see Next Boxing games for Switch
Instead of Next Punchout for Switch, how about some Cartoonish Chibi Boxing like my design with Gameplay like ARMS (Without extension arms and weapons) + Character customization + Live Mode (Career Mode + Live Simulationlike Animal Crossing) ?

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

darkfenrir

https://nintendoeverything.com/sega-on-what-to-expect-from-sh...

JN: What is Shining Resonance Refrain?

JK: Shining Resonance Refrain, although brand new for the West, is a remaster of the PS3 game Shining Resonance, which was originally released only in Japan. This is the first time we are bringing it to the West. Along with improved graphics, Shining Resonance Refrain includes all the DLC released for the original, plus a brand-new “Refrain” mode with new content, which unlocks the Imperial Princess Excella and Dragonslayer Jinas as party members. This new mode is intended for those who want a second playthrough or who previously played the game released in Japan.

(Snippets of the interview)

The more I read about this game the more excited I am aaaah!!

Please hurry and tell us when's the date Sega please XD (Although I hope around End of April to June I guess).

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

DarthNocturnal

@YummyHappyPills

I thought it was kinda obvious; ARMS is fighting, Punchout is puzzles disguised as a boxing game.

Knuckles-Fajita

@DarthNocturnal Ah. Most people would argue the motion controls are the puzzle in ARMS. You missed the joke.

Maybe I should stop trying.

Sign up for the NL Inklings Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Tournament on June 23rd: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

SLIGEACH_EIRE

BINGO for Nintendo Switch PV(US)

Buzzer BINGO
Buzzer BINGO is a game in which 4 players scramble for the number that appears.

Slide BINGO
Slide BINGO is a game in which you move the rows around to allign the red tiles on your card to make a row.

BINGO Poker
BINGO Poker is a game in which you try to get a BINGO using both the pre-existing red tiles and the new numbers you get.
However, when you acquire a new number, you must throw away one existing number in return.

Classic BINGO
Classic BINGO is a simple game in which you take in all the numbers that appear on your card.

Lay flat Mode
In "Lay flat Mode" you can face opponent and play.

Play "BINGO for Nintendo Switch"
and get excited by everyone!

Price: USD: 4.99, EUR: 4.99, GBP: 4.49
Release: Mar 15, 2018
Genre: Puzzle

Terrible English in the trailer and it appears to be a minimal Japanese port.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic