Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,301 to 26,320 of 69,997

darkfenrir

@Late Same! I really dig the visual style, and if they are following the htol#niq and a rose in the twilight path, we should get localization for it!

This is the only one I'm kind of interested in though... Wonder how hard it is.

darkfenrir

Blathers

Japanese game "PV"s always annoyed me. I like the amount of effort they put into them and the singers/bands they hire, but it tells you nothing about the game, it's no better than pre-rendered trailers

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

darkfenrir

https://nintendoeverything.com/the-spectrum-retreat-revealed-...

"The Spectrum Retreat takes place in the near future at The Penrose hotel, a peaceful yet unsettling refuge from the outside world. As a valued guest, your existence is embedded into the corridors and guest rooms of The Penrose. Through exploration of the striking art-deco hotel you will begin to uncover the mysteries of both The Penrose and the uncertainties surrounding your current stay. Your desire to unearth the truth is obstructed by an array of color-coded first-person puzzles, mind-bending physics challenges, and the growing fear of exposing your true intentions."

I'm not sure if I'm getting this, but it looks very interesting

darkfenrir

EgillPT

If i buy a 2nd hand game for the switch, can i redeem it to get the gold points ?

🎮NSW 🎮Nintendo 3DS 🎮Nintendo Wii 🎮SNES Classic Mini 🎮PS4

gcunit

@EgillPT Yes.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Spoony_Tech

@EgillPT @gcunit Only if the original user hasn't already done so.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eagle9

Which one might be best action game so far on Switch?

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Haruki_NLI

@Eagle9 Bayonetta 2, DOOM, Skyrim, Sonic Mania, BOTW, Odyssey...quite a list

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Eagle9

Well, maybe one that interests me haven't come yet then.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

IceClimbers

So with Spider-Man coming to PS4 in September, it seems like June/July/August will be on the quieter side for PS4/XB1.

Switch has a fairly strong lineup though, so it may actually have all of the attention/mindshare to itself this summer (well, besides during E3 week of course!). Can't think of anything releasing on PS4/XB1 during the summer months that isn't coming to Switch during those months outside of The Crew 2 in June and Yakuza Kiwami 2 on PS4 at the end of August.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

EvilLucario

Seems that Nintendo's 2018 will be more backloaded for the second half, just like 2017 was.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

FragRed

@IceClimbers I can see Sony and Microsoft trying to fit their biggest releases in during the August to October months as they know Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption 2 will destroy anything that releases in November, and maybe even December. So in a way, they don't really need too many big first party games for the second half of the year.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Octane

@FragRed Spider-Man (does Sony publish the game?) is early September. Dreams will launch somewhere this year, but that game is so different, I don't think it needs to worry about competition. Microsoft has Crackdown 3? Maybe? October/November have always been heavy on the third party front. No reason to compete with those when you can use your own games to fill in the quieter gaps during the first 8 months.

Octane

JaxonH

Nintendo almost always loads games on the backend of the year.

From May to December is gonna be particularly rich though. DKC Tropical Freeze to Mario Tennis Aces to Captain Toad to Yoshi to Smash Bros to Fire Emblem to who knows what else, could be Pokemon, could be Bayonetta 3, could be one or two unannounced games...

Octopath Traveller and No More Heroes and The World Ends With You also contributing to the exclusives pile.

It's a great year. And let us not undervalue the significance of getting games like Dark Souls and Wolfenstein 2 on an HD handheld hybrid system. That's probably just as impactful as Skyrim and DOOM was last year. More than anything though, Okami HD with motion controls and touch for the brush strokes is 100% hype. It won't be a super, mega popular release but gosh dang, the Switch version of the game will go down in the history books as a real gem. That's what it's all about, at the end of the day. Wolfenstein 2 with motion (cause its gotta have motion) will go down as a gem of a release.

I have a feeling more is in store than they're letting on, too. I've got a feeling Rockstar is bringing GTAV this November, I'm thinking Call of Duty is coming (If it doesn't then they're just straight up ignorant and in denial). Not that I care excessively about either but, it all contributes to the ever growing HD portable game library. If CoD added motion like BO2 on Wii U though, I'd be genuinely excited.

2 months to e3... Yessir. Can't wait to see what Fire Emblem looks like.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

Why do I have this nagging feeling we will see nothing for Metroid Prime 4 at E3.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

FragRed

@Octane I think Sony are outright publishing and funding Spiderman, I assume it was part of a deal they made with Marvel as I don't think Acitivision has the rights anymore.

The reason I said about first party games missing November is the same reason Call of Duty is missing November, something that took everyone by surprise, Rockstar will destroy anything that comes out that month on those two systems. But yes, November especially is heavy on third party games traditionally. Nintendo can get away with releasing whatever it wants whenever because people who buy Nintendo, will still buy Nintendo no matter what releases elsewhere.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Octane

@FragRed You're right, I just checked and they're publishing the game. I know they have the rights to Spider-Man (at least for the games), but I didn't know if they licensed it out to Insomniac or not. But it appears Insomniac is just making the game for them.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal In other news, the rumours about Pokemon Switch being a half finished game are true!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Octane Insomniac are one of the safest third party developer bets to create a decent/outstanding game, I would assume judging from their track record. I am kinda struggling to think of too many developers which are still independent and in a position to create these kinds of games. Unfortunately I feel that the way game development costs have soared, most have had to be bought out or go under.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic