Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,281 to 26,300 of 69,983

NaviAndMii

Talking of Fortnite... (I've since discovered that this is old news, but...)

The latest episode of IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat podcast brought my attention to a new game coming to Switch in Q2 called 'Crazy Justice' - it'll apparently be available for just $15 and features the first battle royale mode on the console!

The game wasn't on my radar at all until yesterday (I'll post a couple of vids below for those that also weren't aware of the game) - but it's basically just a Fortnite clone (right down to the comparable aesthetics and on-the-fly construction system!) ..I don't know whether the battle royale mode will be a huge 100 player PvP arena or not - but it will feature cross-network play (w/ PC and X One), a variety of customisation options and several other game modes as well - and, at just $15 (and in the continued absence of PUBG/Fortnite) it might be worth a punt for those looking for a PvP fix on Switch! ..certainly worth keeping an eye on at least!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

DarkRula

Considering I recently tried Fortnite on Xbox, that sounds like it might be fun.
Not that I'm any good on Fortnite. Well, in the killing others department, anyway.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Alber-san

The developers of Crazy Justice have said it will even have motion controls for aiming. If this ends up being a good game I'll buy it for sure.

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

OorWullie

The Rocket League update is live and all I can say is Wow. It's amazing. The graphics have been upgraded a lot in performance mode, hardly any jaggies. Visual mode looks stunning.... until it moves, why anyone would want to play this way I'll never know. The tournament mode is outstanding. This already incredible game has just been made so much better.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Alber-san

@OorWullie
I feel like the game is laggier now tho. Might just be me but aside from that yeah, the update is fantastic.

Online games:

Alber-san

@OorWullie
Thats good to know

Online games:

NaviAndMii

@DarkRula @Alber-san Apparently Crazy Justice was announced for Switch about 5 months ago, but it somehow escaped my attention...it's a pretty shameless rip off - but, then again, the game it's ripping off is a rip off of a rip off - so who's counting at this point? I'm always a bit wary of crowdfunded games, but I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it - looks like it could be quite fun

DarkRula

So long as I don't forget, I'll probably catch the review on here when it does release. Though I might come across it elsewhere.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

JaxonH

Those DKC load times are great news.

As a speed runner, starting levels over and over and over again, it adds up. 9-10 seconds for stage loading on Switch is much better than the 14-15 seconds I would routinely see from disc on Wii U (and I'm hoping it's more like 7-8 seconds from Switch internal memory).

I need DKC. The best 2D platformer ever made getting a handheld hybrid version? The excitement never fades for Switch releases. Every good game added to the Switch library feels like winning the lottery all over again. No matter what happens, DKC will forever be etched into the stone of history as a fully portable console version of the game. Please hurry up May 4th.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

@Xyphon22
Yea, the Switch does have a little micro-browser sort of thing built into it that will allow you to log onto Wifi networks and other little necessary webpage gateway things.

@JaxonH
I'm not attacking your personal taste, honestly, and I love Tropical Freeze, but are we seriously calling it "the best platformer ever made"? I'd go with DKC2 any day.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

I'd go for Super Mario Maker as the best platformer made so far. Tropical Freeze is my favourite DK game though.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OorWullie

As platformers go, nothing can touch Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island for me. Those 2 are the absolute pinnacle and are as playable and fun today as they were back then. Timeless graphics, incredible soundtracks and genius level design.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

GrailUK

I honestly think DK Jungle Beat (with the Bongos) is the greatest platformer ever. Remember spending hours trying to keep my combo up and going through levels without his feet touching the floor! (Level 1 combo was just awesome) but not half as much fun without the clapping.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

JaxonH

@rallydefault
Without question.

I love DKC2, but it's not even remotely in the same league as Tropical Freeze. It still stands the test of time and it's probably my favorite retro platformer of all time, but there isn't one single aspect of that game that is better than Tropical Freeze. Better mechanics, better graphics, better moveset diversity, better level design, better music (ya, better music even). I guess there is one thing it has over Tropical Freeze- better animal buddy diversity.

But as a whole, Tropical Freeze all the way. I say this as someone who cherished DKC2 as the best game I'd ever played all throughout my childhood. I was so obsessed with DKC2 I used to draw elaborate artwork of the characters and stages in grade school. I loved that game. I named trails we blazed through the woods "Bramble Scramble" in honor of DKC. I was probably the biggest fan I've ever known or met for that game.

But with DKC TF, it's just better. Playing time trials you'll come to appreciate the game on an entirely different level as you peel away the layers and realize just how well thought out every single ledge, platform and enemy in the game is. It's a masterpiece of level design. I can't say the same for DKC2. Nothing wrong with it, but I wouldn't put it on the level of masterpiece level design. Probably among the best level design of its era though, and even when stacked against modern platformers, still retains a top 5 or at the very least, top 10 position. But it can't realistically compete with TF. But I wouldn't expect it to. The game was made 20 years ago. The fact it's still mentioned at all is a testament to how great it was.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NaviAndMii

I still maintain that playing New Super Mario Bros Wii (4 player co-op) was the most fun that I've ever had playing a platformer - it perhaps didn't have the best or most original level design the genre has ever seen - but, man did it lay the fun-factor on thick! ..my flatmate and I, with our girlfriends, had a special '4 player' game save together - and we went through the whole game from start to finish in all of its frantic, chaos-riddled, co-operative glory! ..many failures along the way, but every second was just fun in its purest form!

My head says it's not the best, but my heart kinda says it is!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Lroy

Not getting into what's the 'best' platformer debate but did want to echo that the ability to play SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD on Wii U in co-op was right up there with my fondest gaming memories ever. I adore that game for this reason.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

darkfenrir

Oh man I wasn't interested in this game (The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince) but the trailer by Akiko Shikata just pull my heart enough :')

I wonder if it'll get localized?

Even if you all aren't interested, you should try to give the trailer a listen XD Akiko Shikata is a really excellent singer! (Did Ar Tonelico series and such)

darkfenrir

Late

@darkfenrir I forgot about this game. I love its visual style. I hope it gets localized.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic