Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,321 to 26,340 of 31,481

Pazzo-ZaFool

@YummyHappyPills

I gotcha.

But yes, we'd like Punch-Out!. I wonder how they'd innovate, that seems to be Nintendo's philiosophy to sequels.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

darkfenrir

@subpopz Ahhhh. September 25 will be nice. Thank you for the info!

Hmmm, I guess the same price is because one is launch edition and one is standard (because they are essentially the same ish? I'm not sure hue)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

bluemage1989

@Caldorosso-E

I get the whole Punchout is a puzzler disguised as a fighter and it's different to Arms but with Arms existing and Smash Bros and Pokken how could Nintendo market it to the mainstream?? We get what Punchout is about but surely the average consumer would just see it as 'another fighter'.

To be fair it's never stopped them with 2D platformers...

Edited on by bluemage1989

Currently Playing:

Switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Doom and Arms.

WiiU: Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Mario Party 10.

N64: Donkey Kong 64 and Jet Force Gemini.

Xbox One: Battlefield 1 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

bluemage1989

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

BINGO for Nintendo Switch PV(US)

Buzzer BINGO
Buzzer BINGO is a game in which 4 players scramble for the number that appears.

Slide BINGO
Slide BINGO is a game in which you move the rows around to allign the red tiles on your card to make a row.

BINGO Poker
BINGO Poker is a game in which you try to get a BINGO using both the pre-existing red tiles and the new numbers you get.
However, when you acquire a new number, you must throw away one existing number in return.

Classic BINGO
Classic BINGO is a simple game in which you take in all the numbers that appear on your card.

Lay flat Mode
In "Lay flat Mode" you can face opponent and play.

Play "BINGO for Nintendo Switch"
and get excited by everyone!

Price: USD: 4.99, EUR: 4.99, GBP: 4.49
Release: Mar 15, 2018
Genre: Puzzle

Terrible English in the trailer and it appears to be a minimal Japanese port.

Why has this admittedly bland looking game claimed a disproportionate amount of my interest...

Currently Playing:

Switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Doom and Arms.

WiiU: Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Mario Party 10.

N64: Donkey Kong 64 and Jet Force Gemini.

Xbox One: Battlefield 1 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

DarthNocturnal

@YummyHappyPills

I did wonder if you were joking, but I've never really heard much negativity about ARMS' controls. No more then any other motion control-focused game.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Snaplocket

I'd like a new Punch Out although there'd have to be some changes and new boxers to keep it from being a rehash. Multiple playable characters would be kinda neat too.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Pazzo-ZaFool

@bluemage1989 Well, maybe make it a smaller, $40 title.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

iKhan

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

“No Plans at the Moment” for Pure Farming 2018 on Switch

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/blog/2018/02/27/no-plans-moment...

The Switch has Farming Simulator at least which is fairly good from all accounts. This looks good too.

NintenDOOMed

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Steamworld Dig 2, A Hat In Time, (maybe some Wii games over Thanksgiving w/ the fam)

OorWullie

Outlast :Bundle of Terror is out now on PAL region Eshop's. It costs £19.99 and comes in at 5.7GB. It can be bought for the equivalent of £16.76 on the Russian Eshop though. I'm assuming it will release later today on the US Eshop probably for $19.99 so that will be the cheapest place to get it.

Can't believe they just released it like that. The last news on it was when it was announced as coming back in December. All they said was it would release in Q1. So we have 3 of the scariest horror games ever made, Layers of Fear, Outlast and Detention all arriving over an 8 day period. Outlast 2 is also supposed to arriving Q1.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Snaplocket

@iKhan Seriously, that joke has REALLY worn out it's welcome. Just let it die.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

skywake

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@YummyHappyPills
I did wonder if you were joking, but I've never really heard much negativity about ARMS' controls. No more then any other motion control-focused game.

Its an odd criticism given how good the standard controls work. I never used the motion controls

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

gcunit

@antster1983 That sounds very positive. I'm looking forward to trying it when it gets a decent reduction.

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Runner 3; Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; FIFA 18; Owlboy

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

OorWullie

@antster1983 That's impressive. It's not even entered the charts on any of the Eshop's I've looked at so it shows how well games are selling on there.

Outlast 2 will arrive on the 27th March and will cost £26.99/ $29.99. Strangely it will cost just £15.27/$21.27 on the South African Eshop,which is £3.50/$4.50 cheaper than Outlast 1 cost on there. I just bought Outlast from the Russian Eshop for £16.82/$23.18 which was the cheapest option yet the sequel will cost the equivalent of $33. Still cheaper than the UK but more than US. Multiple Nintendo accounts and a Revolut account is definitely the way to go if you want to save a few quid on all your Eshop purchases.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Knuckles-Fajita

Rumours swirling of a 3DS Mini Direct. Involving a Wario game, DQXI, BoxBoy? Links Awakening remake, and one thing that...well...

How would you guys feel if Monster Hunter XX got localised as Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate....but its on 3DS?

It just dawned on me...we kept asking them to localise XX already.

We never specified which of the 2 systems it was released on they should localise.

If this is true do Capcom just not want Nintendo home system Monster Hunter games or something? On that note if it IS true why not localjse the version that will get more attention, since its already translated?

God in the event this is real...Capcom will strike me as asinine.

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

Sign up for the NL Inklings Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Tournament on June 23rd: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

FragRed

@YummyHappyPills I don't think there is going to be a Nintendo Mini Direct for the 3DS. I think the reason the past Direct focused entirely on the Switch was because Nintendo have decided that the overwhelming sales meant that they can fully put all their efforts into the new system. Any 3DS games coming out now will be minor titles that Nintendo outsource on the cheap to try and get a quick buck to supplement the Switch sales.

ENGAGE VG NEWS & REVIEWS SITE LAUNCHING SOON: www.engagevg.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I think the past Direct was focused entirely on Switch solely to reduce the Labo backlash. That said, I don't see there being a 3DS only Direct but rather 3DS games being the early headlines of a normal Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic