Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,321 to 19,340 of 69,998

IceClimbers

The DK Bongos work on Switch by the way.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

Super Mario Odyssey preload is live!!!

@kkslider5552000 It's clearly the superior way to play Arms

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FX102A

@IceClimbers Well that was unexpected.

So, how long before first Breath of the Wild Speedrun using the Bongos or a DDR Mat?

FX102A

JaxonH

That's odd. Nights of Azure 2 isn't showing in my play history. At first I thought it was a bug, but then I found a post online speculating that "they expect you to feel ashamed playing the game".

Which I don't really understand. It's not like it's a Senran Kagura game, and even then I wouldn't care if it showed in my history. Game doesn't seem any different than Tales. Why on earth they think people wouldn't want it showing in their playlist is beyond me.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

SKTTR

JaxonH wrote:

That's odd. Nights of Azure 2 isn't showing in my play history. At first I thought it was a bug, but then I found a post online speculating that "they expect you to feel ashamed playing the game".

Which I don't really understand. It's not like it's a Senran Kagura game, and even then I wouldn't care if it showed in my history. Game doesn't seem any different than Tales. Why on earth they think people wouldn't want it showing in their playlist is beyond me.

I see you're always referencing "Tales" when talking about NoA2. What Tales games? I assume you don't mean the Tales of Phantasia/Symphonia/Graces games or do you?

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

-Juice-

So can someone explain to me why Nintendo feels the need to do so many game exclusive directs this year? Like, what's so important that can't be condensed and shown off in a 45 minute direct along with information on other games?

15 minutes dedicated to a phone app and nothing else is ridiculous. There are other things that could use some focus right now, like BotW's second DLC pack lacking a release date among other things. A functional browser? The much anticipated Virtual Console? They've been so quiet about some of the improvements the Switch could use right now. I'm not saying they shouldn't focus on key games before release, but they certainly shouldn't make game exclusive directs with little to no mention of other information on other things.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

TuVictus

Eh, I'd rather a focused direct I know I won't be I retested in than a general direct with 15 minutes of stuff I won't be interested in.

TuVictus

gcunit

Tarvaax wrote:

So can someone explain to me why Nintendo feels the need to do so many game exclusive directs this year? Like, what's so important that can't be condensed and shown off in a 45 minute direct along with information on other games?

15 minutes dedicated to a phone app and nothing else is ridiculous. There are other things that could use some focus right now, like BotW's second DLC pack lacking a release date among other things. A functional browser? The much anticipated Virtual Console? They've been so quiet about some of the improvements the Switch could use right now. I'm not saying they shouldn't focus on key games before release, but they certainly shouldn't make game exclusive directs with little to no mention of other information on other things.

Talk about DIYD; DIYD. If they'd stuck a 15 minute video about Pocket Camp in a bigger Direct nearly everyone would have cried. They produce a specific one, that you are not obliged to watch or pay any attention, and you moan about it.

They'll announce stuff when they're ready. If they haven't announced it, please assume that they're not ready to.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

skywake

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The GC controller functionality in this update is very likely just getting ready for Smash.

Hopefully they also re-launch the controller adaptor....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SKTTR

Yeah, those game specific Directs are great. I can always watch the ones that interest me and get a deeper insight, or just skip the ones that don't interest me like the 3DS and mobile game ones.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

JaxonH

@SKTTR
Oh, I guess I have. I was thinking Tales of Berseria, the most recent one. They're not identical but, it sure feels similar in mood, tone, main character, plot (both die and are brought back to life as a "half demon"

And the games are about equally as good. Actually I think I like Nights of Azure 2 more. But generally speaking they're both solid B grade JRPG's.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Hughesy

Just wondering, do any of your joy-con wobble when attached to the Switch? The right hand side moves quite a bit and is annoying me slightly. I could buy new ones and hope that fixes it, as it doesn’t look like anything is wrong on the console side.

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

DarkRula

Gamecube Controller support is great, but for handheld makes little difference. If official Switch-cube controllers were released, I'd be on them quicker than a jump to lightspeed.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

OorWullie

There is a demo for Sonic Forces available on the Japanese Eshop, I'm downloading it now. Just go to the Coming Soon section and you'll see it. It's a 537mb download.

Edit; Well that demo certainly hasn't sold the game to me. There are 3 sections to play, a 3d Green Hill section, a 2.5d fight with Robotnik and 2.5d Chemical Zone section. Each one has a demo timer so you don't get very long before seeing a "Thanks for playing" screen. It was long enough though to tell me I'll be giving this a miss, regardless of reviews. Other than Sonic Adventure, 3D Sonics are not for me.

@Hughesy The first Switch I bought, the left Joy-con wobbled and creaked, was very noticeable. I took it back to the shop and we tried new Joy-con on it and it was still the same. I managed to exchange it for a new console and it was fine but recently I've noticed there is slight movement on both sides. I think it's the rails on the tablet that are the problem rather than the Joy-con.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Grumblevolcano

I think Fire Emblem Warriors is my new on the go Switch game, played it for about 3+ hours in handheld mode and the battery only decreased from 97% to 27%. This is the smallest battery drop with that kind of usage for any Switch game I've tried in handheld mode. For comparison, games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, BotW and ARMS have gone from 100% to less than 5% in about 1.5 hours.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SuperLuigiTime

Hughesy wrote:

Just wondering, do any of your joy-con wobble when attached to the Switch? The right hand side moves quite a bit and is annoying me slightly. I could buy new ones and hope that fixes it, as it doesn’t look like anything is wrong on the console side.

I've noticed the neon red (R) joy con feels a little loose compared to the neon blue (L) joy con when I play my Switch in handheld mode. I don't know if it's always been that way since I bought it back in April since I mainly play my Switch docked anyway. It's not too bad to where it feels like a major problem yet.

SuperLuigiTime

Switch Friend Code: SW-2814-0794-4500 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-6949-4255 | Nintendo Network ID: tavorestye92

NaviAndMii

@Hughesy Yeah, mine feel a little loose too - maybe it was a design choice to ensure that the Joy-Con slide on and off with ease?

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

LuckyLand

I tried The mummy demastered but I don't like it. It's quite frustrating, to the point that it's not fun, and I don't like the music that much.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Hughesy

@NaviAndMii Possibly, but as it doesn’t happen to everyone I’m not sure. Anyway after posting I noticed a thread about fixing it. It worked, just a few layers of electrical tape and it worked great.

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic