Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,321 to 19,340 of 31,635

Spoony_Tech

@SuperJoon Games are tied to the console and not to an account.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

erv

@antster1983 well I was on the lookout for nine parchments, but that one qualifies as announced I guess

The anatomically awesome evello is bringing the fame and glory!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

zitpig

Farmboy74 wrote:

Caught a Switch advert on channel 5 last night, and as part of the advert it showed Fifa 18 in portable mode.

There's a brand new* advert for 1-2 Switch, last night on a UK channel, with London taxi drivers (rather than the original American stylee family bbq one). It's obviously aimed at adult blokes. It was odd to see a new ad for a game that came out 6months ago and wasn't a great seller back then. It's trying to show the multiplayer anywhere aspect of Switch, rather than the game, methinks.

• The ad was new to me, I have seen loads of ads for Switch, but never seen that one.

Edited on by zitpig

zitpig

Nicolai

@IceClimbers @Spoony_Tech You're both right, sort of. Note the difference between "user accounts" and "Nintendo Account."
Multiple user accounts can be made on a Switch, where only one Nintendo Account can be linked to a Switch. While purchases are linked to your Nintendo Account, there's no every-day application where that comes up, and to better answer @SuperJoon's question, the purchase of a game on a console allows you to play it on all user accounts on that system, but not on any other system.

Edited on by Nicolai

I rise from the ashes!
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

NEStalgia

@StuTwo Nicely said. I think most of the people that complain online about not needing portable, are the people that have waaaay too much extra time and generally haven't much to do...thus they're the people spending disproportionate amounts of time complaining online about being given options that they don't want.

@Hieronymus-E About 50/50. It's disproportionate by season, almost exclusively handheld when the weather is nice, but then will be almost exclusively docked when the weather turns cold, but with periodic handheld play....I snagged a second Switch to use the way I use my 3DS, with a different game in the second unit to pick up and play handheld in between other stuff while I leave my main game suspended where I was in the lead unit. Currently I'm chipping away at rayman a level at a time (skipped on WiiU), in handheld, while keeping Splatton & Pokken locked & loaded in the main unit that's going handheld/docked 50/50. This system is so freaking perfect for my use.

NEStalgia

antster1983

If every game that's said to be coming out this week actually does so, then it's gonna be a pretty packed week for Switch owners with a whopping 14 titles due out between Wednesday and Friday!

• Arcade Archives: Mario Bros. (out Wednesday)
  • Astro Bears Party
  • Binaries
  • Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch's Story: Combat
  • Butcher
  • Conga Master Party!
  • Deemo
  • FIFA 18 (out Friday, also at retail)
  • Golf Story
  • Inversus Deluxe
  • One Piece: Unlimited World Red - Deluxe Edition (out Friday, also at retail)
  • Physical Contact: Picture Place
  • Picross S
  • Sparkle 2

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

GrailUK

@OorWullie Naomi hardware makes it on to the Switch. Dreamcast is here! lol

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

JaxonH

Nicolai wrote:

@IceClimbers @Spoony_Tech You're both right, sort of. Note the difference between "user accounts" and "Nintendo Account."
Multiple user accounts can be made on a Switch, where only one Nintendo Account can be linked to a Switch. While purchases are linked to your Nintendo Account, there's no every-day application where that comes up, and to better answer @SuperJoon's question, the purchase of a game on a console allows you to play it on all user accounts on that system, but not on any other system.

Actually that's not true.

You can access both your Nintendo account and games on any Nintendo Switch. I have 2 Switches. I simply tied my Nintendo Account to my second Switch, and any time I want I go to the eShop of Switch #1 and click "Deactivate" then on Switch #2 I simply launch the eShop and it automatically activates as the active console. All my games are accessible and playable. However, I cannot access my digital games on Switch #1 so long as Switch #2 is the active console. Whenever I want to switch back, I repeat the process in reverse. I click "Deactivate" in the eShop of Switch #2, then launch the eShop of Switch #1 to activate it.

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Hollow Knight, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
New 3DS: Radiant Historia
PS4 Pro: God of War
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

JaxonH

@rjejr

SwitchWorld news update

Another coworker has bought a Switch! That's right. Another coworker has bought a Nintendo Switch. That's... let me see...that's number 5. This guy was the Xbox fanatic I was telling you about. The one scrambling to preorder the Xbox One X and loves The Division... I guess Mario + Rabbids caught his eye at e3, and I guess seeing me talk about it all the time and seeing me play it has worn him down. He got the Splatoon 2 bundle- that's the game he really wants to play. The quality engineer who last got one is now hooked on Splatoon (he's a little younger and a few years out of college so a pretty popular guy), and I think when he got one that was the turning point that really convinced Xavier to bite.

Anyways, just thought I'd keep you posted. I have literally swayed 5 people to buy a Switch lol. I guess I can't really take all the credit because if the system and games weren't cool people wouldn't be buying it. All I really did is bring mine to work... and the things sells itself.

NOW PLAYING
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH So you don't have to redownload anything? That's actually pretty cool.

I'm not sure where you work but I sure hope it's not a nucular power plant because you all will be playing Switch while a meltdown happens lol. I can see the Sun Times now, Nintendo kills millions of people with 6 switches.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
You download the first time to get it on the system, but after that you're good. It's just locked out from being played until you activate that console as your primary or "active console".

Untitled

NOW PLAYING
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Spoony_Tech

Lol

MERG said:

DarthNocturnal

I thought it was well-established that Nintendo finally got accounts and such mostly sorted out.

Speaking of digital purchases, I should go get Sonic Mania, now that the update is out. Nearly a month and half of waiting...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Nicolai

JaxonH wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

Actually that's not true.

You can access both your Nintendo account and games on any Nintendo Switch. I have 2 Switches. I simply tied my Nintendo Account to my second Switch, and any time I want I go to the eShop of Switch #1 and click "Deactivate" then on Switch #2 I simply launch the eShop and it automatically activates as the active console. All my games are accessible and playable. However, I cannot access my digital games on Switch #1 so long as Switch #2 is the active console. Whenever I want to switch back, I repeat the process in reverse. I click "Deactivate" in the eShop of Switch #2, then launch the eShop of Switch #1 to activate it.

...I had no idea this was a feature. I was wrong.

@JaxonH Awe man, I have yet to have 1.

I rise from the ashes!
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

rjejr

@JaxonH I saw the Splatoon 2 bundle get restocked at Walmart - shows up on Twitter occasionally - but I'm waiting on Mario. Got my $50 Gamestop credit card bill statement in the mail today. And while you probably can't take all the credit, we both know you got the ball rolling. If you hadn't brought the Switch in in the first place it's possible nobody else there would have purchased one yet. So you may not have twisted any arms, but you showed them the light. You should dress up as a Joycon for the office Halloween party. Just make sure it's the left one, the right one puts the joystick in an awkward spot.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

JaxonH

@rjejr

Lol lol that's the best comment you've made in a long time

NOW PLAYING
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Tsurii

Ordered my Switch (with Splatoon for now) yesterday. Hope it arrives in time for that sweet, sweet extended weekend coming up. Gonna knock myself out on those 4 days XD

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic