Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,341 to 19,360 of 31,456

JaxonH

@Tsurii

Congrats, congrats... it's a special day when you get new Nintendo hardware. And doesn't come around that often... unless you're a 3DS gamer And it's been even longer since new a new Nintendo console that's actually been hype. 10 years in fact. And even that one failed to live up to its promised potential.

This one is very special. Not only does it live up to its promised potential but it exceeds expectations. It's no wonder so many people love it so much

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Hollow Knight, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
New 3DS: Radiant Historia
PS4 Pro: God of War
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Octane

@Tsurii Still waiting on the grey Switch to get back in stock... Maybe I should just get the red/blue Switch, since I'm going to get a Pro Controller anyway lol.

Octane

skywake

JaxonH wrote:

@Spoony_Tech
You download the first time to get it on the system, but after that you're good. It's just locked out from being played until you activate that console as your primary or "active console".

I knew this was a thing, I didn't know it was that easy. Imagine how amazing this will be when cloud saves are implemented!

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Octane

I ordered a screen protector...

Untitled

Octane

Tsurii

@Octane where are you looking? I got the red and blue set but I'm pretty sure buecher.de has the Grey joycon one in stock. RRP tho because Amazon decided I can go **** myself at checkout.

edit: well, just checked. They don't have it either. So much for that

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

rallydefault

@Octane
lol perfect picture.

Just go with the red/blue if you're gonna use the Pro Controller. You can even take the JoyCon off and hide them in a closet or your dog if you're that ashamed of the neon colors lol

rallydefault

Octane

@Tsurii I think I'm fine with the Red/Blue if I can't find a grey one for €330. Saturn has them in stock, but it's €20 more expensive if I order from them. I'll check again next week, just in case. However, my screen protector won't arrive until then anyway, and I have access to same day delivery, so I can order one whenever I feel like and it'll get delivered to my door on the same day.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Octane

@rallydefault lol, not ashamed of them. I just prefer the grey Joy-Con, because they match the rest of the Switch, match my other consoles and aren't asymmetrical in terms of looks

Octane

Therad

Games can actually read the colors of the joy-cons, which can help determine if you are player 1 or 2. Not all games do it though.

Therad

JaxonH

@Octane
I thought I'd like the grey more too, for the same reasons you mentioned

Then launch day came and I had one of each... and that's when I realized how plane jane the grey looked and how much more I preferred the neon red/blue.

I think alot of people have flip flopped on that after seeing it in person and using it for a day or two

NOW PLAYING
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Octane

@JaxonH I've seen and used the red/blue Joy-Con though, but like I said, I'm getting a Pro anyway, so I'm not sure what I'm making a mountain out of a molehill lol. And if the Switch can differentiate between the two Joy-Con, like @Therad says, I may go for red/blue in case I ever do co-op or mp.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
Ya it's awesome. Not only does the joycon color flash on the side of the screen when you attach it, but it shoes in the controller screen as the color it is as well. It's totally rad.

There's a homebrew app that changes the color a joycon shows up as too, so if you ever get a custom painted or shell joycon you can make it show any color you want

NOW PLAYING
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Octane

@JaxonH That's neat, but I'm probably the last person to mess with custom paint jobs and homebrew!

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
I guess homebrew is a poor choice of word... it's just a home made PC app that changes the joycon color tag. I myself don't have any custom Joycons but it's definitely something neat to know about. Just in case you ever get the urge to buy a purple GameCube themed set, you can set to the exact same purple.

NOW PLAYING
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Octane

@JaxonH Don't worry, I know what you meant! I just don't care that much about different controllers, I usually stick with the default stuff anyway. The only time I bought something different was a black Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuck to match my Wii U, cause my old one stopped working.

Octane

skywake

JaxonH wrote:

There's a homebrew app that changes the color a joycon shows up as too, so if you ever get a custom painted or shell joycon you can make it show any color you want

I was already kinda half tempted to get one of those custom cases. You've just killed the one excuse I had not to do it. The only question now is where to get a decent one that ships to Australia and whether or not it be cheaper/better to just wait for a different colour to officially come out....

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SLIGEACH_EIRE

L.A. Noire set for 7 December

Rockstar Games Japan will publish L.A. Noire on 7 December for Nintendo Switch in Japan priced at ¥5,389 containing all five DLC packs, touch operation when removed from the dock, gyro operation in Joy-Con mode, 1080p in TV mode and 720p in portable mode. Trailer coming soon.

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/165752364249

This is showing Bethesda up in a few ways.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Spoony_Tech

Not really showing Bethesda up at all really. This is strictly last gen port with updated controls. While Doom is a current gen port of more powerful consoles.

Either way I'm getting it even if I'll be getting one game a week at that point.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic