Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,341 to 19,360 of 22,850

Caldorosso-E

I paid $50 extra to play it at launch.

Looking back, I probably should have waited, but I did love BoTW early.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

Octane

@Grumblevolcano YouTube tumbnails and articles (even here on NLife) are spoiler-y enough as they are. I don't want to see more until I've played the game myself, so yeah, I rather get it sooner than later.

Octane

MegaTen

@Octane Heh, I skipped the segment of the game on the Nintendo Direct. Man, Nintendo really wants us to know about everything already! It's the nature of modern media unfortunately. Sometimes one has to pull the brake, otherwise there isn't much left to be surprised about.

Done with gaming. Farewell people!

JaxonH

@Octane
What about Amazon UK? Do they ship to where you're at? Cause £279 is only like €315, and the physical game shows £42 which is €47.43.

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Octane

@MegaTen Indeed... and it's hard to ignore stuff on the internet. It's everywhere... I like to go in knowing as little as possible. I'm sure there's a reason why we get so many trailers and teasers these days. And I'm certain you can link that to people's short attention spans. If you're not advertising your game every week, they [the mass market] will forget about it and move on.

@JaxonH Shipping costs are around €10. I'll save a few bucks, but returning any item in case it's broken is a big hassle. I've thought about it, but I don't mind the extra €5 knowing that I can return it at any moment. Not counting on it of course, but you never know.

Octane

MegaTen

@Octane It is very hard. And it may very well be that it's the case indeed, good point. Wouldn't be surprised at all, with the constant bombardment. I don't need to be reminded constantly about a certain game, it's in the back of my mind at all times. I don't believe it is people who visit this site though, but the masses who aren't as passionate, definitely. It's a sad state.

Grumblevolcano

I'll be honest that I'm considering not getting Mario Odyssey until late December/January. I feel as though my backlog's already overflowing such that all I really need for the rest of the year is FE Warriors, DLC and expansions.

Like yesterday I beat the final boss and watched the credits of Fire Emblem Echoes only to find out that I hadn't actually finished the game, there were even more levels afterwards and I'm not even talking DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@MegaTen It's not just gaming. Films, music, the entire entertainment industry basically, marketing, everything. Everyone has a phone and internet access, so we get bombarded with new information, and your brain is very effective at filtering all that information. Meaning you just forget a lot of things the moment you move to something else. So the response is to repeat it enough times so that you won't forget it.

For us it means that we can't escape all the trailers, teasers, articles, Tweets and whatnots...

Octane

MegaTen

@Octane Yep. It's really the age of the information explosion. That's one of the reasons why I don't make use of social media myself. I also don't make use of a smartphone. I think it's important to contemplate things, be passionate about something, and letting things sink in - instead of needing to sift through and process all the information out there. In short: not be distracted. It's also good for your memory (and well-being), like you implied.

Edited on by MegaTen

rallydefault

@Octane
Whoa - the bundle costs more than buying the system and the game separately? How the heck does that work... that's a terrible deal lol

rallydefault

JaxonH

@rallydefault
It comes with a $20 Mario Odyssey case.

$300 system + $60 game + $20 case = $380

No discount, but only way to get the deep red Odyssey Joycons. Same deal with the $380 Splatoon 2 bundle which included a $20 Splatoon 2 case. Only way to get the neon pink/green Joycons (at least here in the US).

Me? I imported both sets of Joycon from Japan. Screw the nonsense

PLAYING
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
Vita:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

jump

Has anyone noticed that Human Resource Machine hasn't gone on sale on the eshop even though the news icon has stated they're on sale?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

@Snaplocket Of course I am, there's a few reasons why:
1. The special edition (Super Mario Odyssey doesn't have one)
2. Honestly more excited for FE Warriors
3. Lifespan, judging by Hyrule Warriors it will likely have the longest lifespan out of all the single player games released on Switch

There's others but those are the biggest 3. Point 1 is especially important because Nintendo can't be trusted at all regarding stock of special editions (see FE Fates for a perfect example).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@MegaTen Well, I have a smart phone and I guess this forum is a kind of social media too. I don't think it's all that bad, just don't get too dependent on Facebook and Twitter or whatever else people use these days. I'm glad I grew up before smart phonea were a thing lol.

@rallydefault @JaxonH The case is US only. Europe doesn't get the case. Reason they're cheaper separately is because they're charging full price for the bundle (game = €60 + console €330), but you can easily find the games for a lot cheaper. Even if you can't find the game for less than €60, you're still paying the same, defeating the idea of a bundle...

But yes, in this case I'm better off buying them separately.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
I didn't realize the EU bundle was chinsing you guys out of the case. I guess prices are different. But why is Switch €330 instead of 300

PLAYING
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
Vita:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

Octane

@JaxonH I dunno? MSRP is €330. Some retailers are even charging €350 for the Switch. It's usually the same in USD, not this time though.

Octane

gcunit

@JaxonH Off the top of my head, I think there are 5 official variants of joy con sets (the greys 😷, the neons, the ARMS yellows, the Splatoon green & pink, the Mario reds) - have you got all five?

I've just held an Ignored Users amnesty on my account. 20+ users are back in the game with an extra life - make it count :)

Currently playing: Rocket League - Chess Ultra - Super Mario Odyssey - FIFA 18

SW-3124-5612-5724

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

MFD

@Grumblevolcano 100% with you on that prioritizing part (though I'll leave Odyssey for what it is overall.)

Edited on by MFD

MFD

rallydefault

@Octane
Oh, gotcha. Yea - it's gonna take some time for Switch bundles to really be enticing. You might just have to bite the bullet, man. Really depends on how badly you want to get into Odyssey before every little secret is plastered all over the internet. I HATE how a game comes out, and then like 2 days later a place like IGN or Kotaku will have an article on how to get all the secrets and stuff, and sometimes the headlines even have little spoilers.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic