Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,301 to 19,320 of 20,146

rjejr

@JaxonH Don't think I'd use the word beautiful, I kind of reserve that for mermaids, but it would make an awesome 8'x8' wall covering. I like the controller better than the console. The box sells it.

Kind of glad I don't have a friend in Japan, I can only imagine the amount of money Id' spend on Godzilla merchandise alone. I've been a fan of a lot of things in my life - Hulk, Wolverine, NY Mets, Cowboys, pro wrestling, Sephiroth, James Bond, Planet of the Apes, but Godzilla has been the 1 constant throughout.

Placeholder sig until I come up with something clever to say.

NEStalgia

@JaxonH I was with you with FFX, though, honestly, I don't think of X as that great a game compared to the previous ones....it was the beginning of the downward spiral and loss of identity. But XIII? For eel? The best part about XIII was when it it opened into basically Xenoblade but worse. I haven't opened XV yet, and maybe I'll hold off for a Switch version, but it can NOT not be better than the dismal disgrace of the previous game.

WoFF OTOH I'm 100% there. Best FF game since IX.

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
FFXIII were good games. Not perfect, but I never understood the uproar. Just like Metroid Other M. I see them on similar terms. It was only the diehard fanbase making the game out to be total and utter garbage when most normal fans enjoyed the games quite a bit. Maybe not the best in the series but still great games.

I just bought the XIII trilogy on PC (already owned on 360).

PLAYING
Splatoon 2 ..... MHXX ..... Mario Kingdom Battle..... Arms

AWAITING
Fire Emblem [Switch] ..... Metroid Prime 4 [Switch] ..... Mario Odyssey [Switch] ..... Xenoblade 2 [Switch] ..... MH World [X1X] ..... Metroid Samus Returns [3DS] ..... Ni No Kuni 2 [PS4]

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

MegaTen

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Kind of disappointing sales for Metroid: Samus Returns, it sold just under 31,000 copies.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20170920070/

Thanks, I was kinda curious about that. That series remains pretty niche in Japan, while it remained pretty popular in the West. In fact, if you check YouTube and check the Japanese commentaries under "reaction to Metroid Prime 4 teaser" videos, you'll be amazed how amazed they are about the enthusiasm here. Same goes for series like Shin Megami Tensei, which is pretty niche in Japan.

MegaTen

BLP_Software

@MegaTen @SLIGEACH_EIRE Thats pretty good for a Western made game thats in a franchise that was never big in Japan.

But by my estimations combining UK and JP sales...its probably sold 50k at most.

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

MegaTen

@BLP_Software That's true. I'm kinda curious now about the previous entries in comparison.

I remember people also being surprised that Wind Waker HD didn't do huge numbers, but it's easy to understand if you know the popularity of the series in Japan.

MegaTen

SLIGEACH_EIRE

I should have added that Champion Jockey Special released on Switch last week as well. If Metroid: Samus Returns sales are disappointing then CJS's sales are abysmal. Barely squeezed into the top 20 with sales of 2,626.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

BLP_Software

@MegaTen Previous entries were probably 100k being generous in Japan.

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Different tastes and all that, but personally, I'm not the "hardcore fanbase" for FF. I like the series, I have my favorites, but I haven't played all of them, nor most of the spinoffs, and never played any of them "in their own time." Actually XIII was the only one I DID play in its own time with a launch day collectors edition. The whole experience was just terrible. The environment itself and world building could have been cool, but it was a bare bones clumsily told story where it always felt like the player was given no idea what was supposedly going on, even if it could have been cool. And it got lost in its own technobabble to the point that the player had no idea what was what without kind of flowcharting it in their heads. The characters were cardboard cutouts and stereotypes, and it had no sense of exploration or towns which has been the core staple of what makes an RPG both past and present from Ys to Skyrim. FF was always generally a road trip game. XIII was a long glass hallway through which you could see the road you were not part of. And then at the end decided to try to become a Xeno game.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

UmniKnight

I've gotten my hands on XV2, and it seems the game is region-bound in regards to co-op play. Quite sad to find that out after wanting to co-op with American friends...

"Anger is a gift!" SW-3841-5838-8684

Tsurii

I'd love to have a portable FF12. Don't care about any of the other ones beyond 6. Haven't enjoyed any of those, didn't play the MMOs, 13 sequels or 15 tho.

What I'd like to see even more would be a Dissidia port.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

3DS FC 4313-4260-0008
Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

IceClimbers

I'd buy World of Final Fantasy if it came to Switch.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MegaTen

Talking about Final Fantasy XII, that game always felt like a single player MMORPG to me. Highly addictive too. I vividly remember the Bomb who blocked a passageway in the forest area (can't remember it's name), and having to grind enough to get past it.

Now, if Square-Enix would listened to it's fans for a change...

MegaTen

UmniKnight

I might be wrong here, but doesn't Octopath really harken back to the old days of Final Fantasy? It certainly gave me such vibes, even though I've only seen the much older ones.

"Anger is a gift!" SW-3841-5838-8684

Paraka

@IceClimbers - I am far more surprised that WoFF was not their go-to cash in on the Switch oit the gate and instead actually attempting FFXV to work on it.

It literally went the opposite direction I expected them to go.

Paraka

Octane

@IceClimbers Hey, thanks for reminding me of another game I missed last year! I've still got like five games lined up I need to buy and play. And I have a copy of Bloodborne sitting on my shelf waiting to be played...

Octane

blaisedinsd

I thought this was going to be the first time they released VS. system arcade titles but apparently they already released VS. Excitebike on Wii U in 2015

This is the only VS. game I know of that has previously been released. It costs $5

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic