Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 201 to 220 of 742

CroRock

Jaredfrogman wrote:

For anyone new to the game, I highly recommend watching Gibbs’ series ‘playing with potatoes’ on YouTube. He gives a ton of useful tips for people without insane mechanical/aerial skills to improve and get your rank up.

Thanks for recommending that channel. Great staff there to learn for noobs like myself. That potato guy have skills indeed.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Joeynator3000

....Of course when I try playing with bots...the bots are stupid. Ugh...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@Xyphon22
At a glance they may look extremely similar, but they couldn't be more different.

Blast ball was just... not fun. Even if it was full HD with a proper controller, it was way too slow and hard to move the ball and just pretty much dull, where as Rocket League is exhilarating. You're flying in at 90 miles an hour in these huge arenas, hitting the ball super fast, it's bouncing around everywhere, you've got these crazy moves where you can boost or you can jump and then when you're in the air you can jump again to do a forward flip or side barrel roll, you can even jump, then tilt your car up and boost, and literally fly across the entire arena. It's just nonstop heart pounding action, insanely addictive with the tightest mechanics you've ever seen.

You'd just have to play it. There's a reason so many people love this game to death. My coworker actually bought a Switch just for this game. And he already had the game, he just loved it so much he wanted it portably. So the appeal of simply having this $20 game portably sold an entire $300 console. That speaks volumes.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@Joeynator3000 There's a difficulty setting for bots when you create the exhibition match or season.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Joeynator3000

I know, wished they would let you set the difficulty of each team instead. I thought "Rookie" would let me have an easy time while I get used to everything, instead I'm losing constantly because my AI team keeps hitting the ball into our own goal. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Jaredfrogman

@OorWullie trading is done with a player in your party. When you click their name in the main menu, there’s an option to trade.

Edited on by Jaredfrogman

Jaredfrogman

bluedogrulez

@Joeynator3000 : And getting in my way! The Rookie AI bots are awful teammates, lol!!

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Tasuki

Ok so I am thinking of buying this on the Switch . I have it on PS4 since it was free but I don't mind paying for it to help support the devs of this great game. Just have a few questions before I buy it.

1) Is all the DLC included in the Switch version or do I have to buy it? The PS4 had a few DLC packs including a few cars like the DeLorene from BttF and the Batmobile.

2) My friend has this on Xbox One (he doesn't plan on getting a Switch anytime soon) and I know it's cross platform so can I play with him suspificly or does it just match you with random Xbox and PC players?

3) For two players on the same Switch system can each person use one of the joy cons or do I have to buy another controller?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

gcunit

@Tasuki I can't remember who, but if you read back through this thread or the review comments, there's a user who's very happy because they can finally play this with their xbox-owning mate on the other side of the world, so I'm guessing you can find each other easily enough cross-platform.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

yokokazuo

@Tasuki wait, PS4 has DLC included in the game? I have it with PS+ and have to pay for those ones. Unless it was later included with the game?
Well, to answer your questions
1. I do believe that all DLC needs to be purchased separate from the game. Batmobile and Delorean are paid DLC for example.
2. Currently I think it is only private matches, but I think I heard that parties will be added in the future. You can at least do private matches though
3. You can play with just the joy-cons for two players

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

skywake

Xyphon22 wrote:

Having just seen some videos of this game, how exactly is it different from Blast Ball, other than being in a car instead of a suit of armor? The two games look extremely similar, except this is universally exalted and Blast Ball seems to be mostly derided.

And after just looking at the trailer people thought that Arms was Wii Sports boxing with a new coat of paint. Just because something looks similar doesn't mean it plays the same.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Tasuki

@yokokazuo No it was seperate for the PS4 version you had to buy it. But they had like the BttF car for 1.99 and the Batmobile from Superman V Batman also for $1.99.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JaxonH

Ya they're adding in mixed matches but right now you can do private match crossplay or with randoms. And can turn crossplay off it the competition is too fierce playing against veterans.

@Tasuki
Same prices. I bought the Delorean for $1.99 (pretty sure that was the price, cause all the others are) which was same one I had bought on PS4.

But I just use the Mario/Luigi car and Metroid gunship/Zero Samus car. Best looking cars in the game imo and 100% free. First time I've ever seen a Mario themed car that actually looked cool.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CroRock

@JaxonH I agree for Metroid car and I would add Batman car for one of the best looking car in game. Also, I’m totally addicted to Rocket League now. Never heard of this game before Switch and I’m so glad they made it for it.
Btw @JaxonH you have so many games on so many platforms... do you have social life?!

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

JaxonH

@CroRock
I'm 33 and divorced and work 7 days a week.

Games are how I choose to spend my time. All that socializing got out of my system years ago.

gcunit

JaxonH wrote:

@CroRock
I'm 33 and divorced and work 7 days a week.

Games are how I choose to spend my time. All that socializing got out of my system years ago.

Amen to that. If I wasn't in a family setting with two young kids I'd probably embrace gaming as strongly as Jaxon. Other than an occasional (e.g. once yearly) piss-up, forums are enough social interaction for me. And I'd have more time to get into more online gaming with voice chat too (tried it once with Left 4 Dead 2 and loved it, but it just doesn't fit into my domestic arrangements currently).

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JRJalapeno

I think I'm weird. I hate this game!!!

JRJalapeno

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic