Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 181 to 200 of 742

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH No, every match you do whether online or local unlocks an item after you complete it (win or lose) so just keep playing and you'll unlock it normally.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Nintendoforlife

Speaking of DLC how does everyone feel about it? The crate system is probably my only real gripe with the game. Having to pay to open one of my free rewards just feels so wrong to me. I much rather just buy the crate itself, than get one and be told I now need to "find" the key.

Nintendoforlife

JaxonH

Not completely sure how it works but ya, any random system you pay for sucks. That said, cosmetics don't really anger me.

I just want my Metroid car. Played a match online and lost like 4-1 But I scored the 1 goal for our team. First ever online goal. Feels good.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Red_Dawn

I was wondering:
How many players can play on the same TV screen? Can we have 4 players like in MK8?

Red_Dawn

gcunit

@Red_Dawn Yes.

Apparently you can only have two player split-screen in tabletop mode, but when docked you can have a 4-way split.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gcunit

Joeynator3000 wrote:

I don't care for chat, though...lol

How ironic, given the French use of 'chat'.

Anyone?

Joeynator3000

crickets chirping

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

erv

How do I just now discover this is only 20 euro's? Seems like it's more than worth it to buy... is it well populated online?

OOO it has cross system play I'm buying this one of these days I guess

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

PLATINUM7

Gonna get an eshop card tomorrow when I pick up Ultra Moon and get Rocket League.

I also checked the price of Rocket League on the PS store. At least for my region, it's actually cheaper on the Switch, which I've noticed is the case for most eshop titles also available on the PS store.

PLATINUM7

3DS Friend Code: 1246-8735-0293 | Nintendo Network ID: PLATINUM7

gcunit

PLATINUM7 wrote:

At least for my region, it's actually cheaper on the Switch, which I've noticed is the case for most eshop titles also available on the PS store.

Yes, but are we gonna see sales on the eshop as regularly as we do on the PSN store?

Edited on by gcunit

PLATINUM7

@gcunit
Probably not haha.

Though it's still nice that outside a potential sale, nearly every time it's going to be cheaper to get a game on Switch.

PLATINUM7

3DS Friend Code: 1246-8735-0293 | Nintendo Network ID: PLATINUM7

Mr_Humpf

I played it last night and was really pleased with the quality of the port. I've never played the game before and didn't have the cahoonas to play online yet... I'm pretty sure I'm going to get demolished when I do!

Friend code: SW-4624-7969-8089

gcunit

I need some defending practice... managed to score 2 or 3 own goals last night, and missed a fair few other clearances too.

Jaredfrogman

@JaxonH Yes, it can be either casual or competitive playlists. @Nintendoforlife Psyonix implemented the crate/key system to help fund their esports scene RLCS. Since it’s just cosmetic stuff I’m fine with it. There’s a huge traders community where you can give someone X amount of crates to get a specific item if you don’t want to buy keys.

Jaredfrogman

Jaredfrogman

For anyone new to the game, I highly recommend watching Gibbs’ series ‘playing with potatoes’ on YouTube. He gives a ton of useful tips for people without insane mechanical/aerial skills to improve and get your rank up.

Jaredfrogman

OorWullie

My mate was telling me about the trading part last night. I assume it's not possible on the Switch yet as the 'E-sports live' link doesn't work, at least not yet. It says something like 'your browser does not currently support this'. Hopefully 'currently' is the key word there. Maybe they know something we don't and a browser is on the way. Or at least a web page that will only work for RL. Is trading done through that E-sports website though or is it elsewhere within the game?

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Nintendoforlife

@Jaredfrogman Ahh ok I'll have to see about finding some trades with Switch users. And I'll go ahead and check out that channel you suggested as well thanks.

Edited on by Nintendoforlife

Nintendoforlife

Xyphon22

Having just seen some videos of this game, how exactly is it different from Blast Ball, other than being in a car instead of a suit of armor? The two games look extremely similar, except this is universally exalted and Blast Ball seems to be mostly derided.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Joeynator3000

I'm guessing Blast Ball is barebones compared to this game.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Nintendoforlife

Xyphon22 wrote:

Having just seen some videos of this game, how exactly is it different from Blast Ball, other than being in a car instead of a suit of armor? The two games look extremely similar, except this is universally exalted and Blast Ball seems to be mostly derided.

1. Blastball gameplay is incredibly stagnant, you're really standing there both shooting the ball hoping at some point in time it moves where you want it. Rocket League has the ball going from side to side constantly, it's more constant action oriented.

2. The arenas in blastball are terribly small, which is one of the reasons the ball really has no movement. Everyone is condensed into a small section of the map at all times, while Rocket League allows you to spread out and incorporate strategy into the game.

Nintendoforlife

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic