Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 221 to 240 of 742

OorWullie

It's one of the finest sports games I've ever played .Exciting, tense and dramatic. Incredible game,love it.

I think it's safe to say, this will be one of my most played games at the end of the Switch's life.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

CroRock

@OorWullie
Couldn’t agree more! Playing it nonstop from release date. Also, music is amazing, especially first track when you start game. One of the best games you can get for Switch IMO.

Edited on by CroRock

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

sawo

Hello my fellow Switch players.
I have a question. I'm from Poland, and with my country set as a region in eShop, I can't buy rocket league.
If i will buy it for example with USA region, will it still normal play, without any problems?
Also buying from USA (or other) region only with code for credits, right?

sawo

CroRock

@sawo I bought games from South Africa, Russia, UK, etc without any problems. Just go on your Nintendo Account website and change region to whatever you want. Next time you open eShop it will say you changed region and you must enter your password again. After buying a game just switch back to your region and you should be fine. I use VISA for all purchases and just required amount if that answers your questions.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

OorWullie

I thought this thread would be more popular. It's obviously sold really well as it's not budged from 1st place in the UK /US Eshop's. I don't think any game has held onto the number 1 spot so long. Going by those 2 charts I assume the 2 biggest selling Eshop games so far are Rocket League and Stardew Valley. SV might still be ahead of RL in overall sales though as it's been out longer.

Anyway, how's every one getting on with it. I've put 55 hours in so far, I can't get enough of it. I play it handheld, i play it in tabletop with my pro and I also play it docked when I can. Having these 3 options adds to the experience even more. There is a noticeable upgrade in graphics in docked mode so it's always a treat to have a good session in the big screen.

If anyone fancies a few games, give me a shout . I'm just an average player but I'm getting better. Some 2v2 or 3v3 would be great too.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

burger_king

OorWullie wrote:

I thought this thread would be more popular. It's obviously sold really well as it's not budged from 1st place in the UK /US Eshop's. I don't think any game has held onto the number 1 spot so long. Going by those 2 charts I assume the 2 biggest selling Eshop games so far are Rocket League and Stardew Valley. SV might still be ahead of RL in overall sales though as it's been out longer.

Anyway, how's every one getting on with it. I've put 55 hours in so far, I can't get enough of it. I play it handheld, i play it in tabletop with my pro and I also play it docked when I can. Having these 3 options adds to the experience even more. There is a noticeable upgrade in graphics in docked mode so it's always a treat to have a good session in the big screen.

If anyone fancies a few games, give me a shout . I'm just an average player but I'm getting better. Some 2v2 or 3v3 would be great too.

this game is addictive as hell, not sure why theres not more replies ! can see myself playing this for a long time as its literally pick up and play ! not so good either but managing to score a few goals so could be worse !!

BurgerRob is the name ^_^

Nintendoforlife

@OorWullie @burger_king I would assume it's because there isn't "really" that much to discuss. I've played the game non-stop since launch, and it's as much fun as I expected it to be. But the game is pretty straightforward, it doesn't really lend itself for you know a 10 minute discussion.

Nintendoforlife

burger_king

Nintendoforlife wrote:

@OorWullie @burger_king I would assume it's because there isn't "really" that much to discuss. I've played the game non-stop since launch, and it's as much fun as I expected it to be. But the game is pretty straightforward, it doesn't really lend itself for you know a 10 minute discussion.

true but you could say the same about a lot of games such as splatoon which is also pretty straight forward =)

BurgerRob is the name ^_^

Nintendoforlife

burger_king wrote:

Nintendoforlife wrote:

true but you could say the same about a lot of games such as splatoon which is also pretty straight forward =)

You're correct but Splatoon 2 doesn't have an active thread either haha. Likewise Splatoon 2 has a deeper customization aspect, so you could in theory talk about good "kit combinations" for ranked etc.

Nintendoforlife

CroRock

Splatoon 2 is a different beast.. getting new weapons, stages, splatfest etc.. people have much to discuss.. definitely more then rocket league.
I was playing RL nonstop until Xenoblade Chronicles 2 came out. Rocket League still rocks and I play every day few matches but Xenoblade is getting all attention atm.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

OorWullie

One thing I just found out the other day,non Switch players don't see our Nintendo cars or avatars and vice versa, we don't see their Gears of War /Halo cars etc. I did wonder why non-Nintendo avatars just had PSY on them and assumed that must be the case but I didn't think that would apply to our cars too. They are replaced with a standard RL car and paint job. Hopefully Psyonix can work something out.

I read somewhere that cross play with friends won't just be limited to private matches soon.There will be the option to team up with your Xbox/PC friend and take on randoms. That will be superb if true. Me and my mate have been having a great time playing each other but would be so much better if we weren't limited to 1v1.Adding bots just isn't the same.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Fastballer

Sweet! More good games for the Switch!

Fastballer

P4n1ka

It's a very good game, very challenging, i like it very much and play it since launch almost every day, I started silver and ended up in bronze 1, division 1, managed to almost go to silver, but had a really bad streak and it s very hard now to advance from bronze 1 division 1 because there are allot of players that are leaving the games or hitting the forfeit button after 1 received goal...I'm not expert but I managed to get pro very fast and I really like this game, football games, I'm not mad or something and really enjoying the game but I would really like to have teammates that want to score and win, not just drive a car with boost on a football field !
Nice to meet you guys, I will leave here my friend code, if you like the game and wanna play with me, add me as a friend and see you in game ! SW-2316-7182-5429
And I really don't like the thing that we are not able to see other players cars, if they are not playing on the same platform, I really don't understand why and with this little things you can ruin the other good things that the games has to offer !
And please let us play party with other platforms, we have friends on different platforms and we would like to play with them !
Thanks and keep up the good work, it is really good !

P4n1ka

Switch Friend Code: SW-2316-7182-5429 | My Nintendo: P4n1ka

Lroy

Just picked Rocket League for Switch up as an early Christmas present for me and my young son to enjoy. Neither of us have any previous experience with this game so any tips or invites to play would be much appreciated.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

CroRock

Anyone finding RL “laggier” lately? It’s not as smooth play as it was on release. Or am I imagining things? I guess it’s not hardware thing because it was optimased for Switch but maybe Nintendo server provlems because too many people have it on their Switches now..

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Nintendoforlife

CroRock wrote:

Anyone finding RL “laggier” lately? It’s not as smooth play as it was on release. Or am I imagining things? I guess it’s not hardware thing because it was optimased for Switch but maybe Nintendo server provlems because too many people have it on their Switches now..

I feel like it has experienced more problems as of late, but then again I play a lot during the evening. This is where I've experienced the most lag since release anyways.

Nintendoforlife

OorWullie

Not noticed any lag during gameplay,but when left open the Eshop is laggy. I thought that happened after the Eshop received maintenance right before RL released but I read somewhere that it's caused by this game. Panic Button are supposedly looking into it.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendoforlife

Patch Notes for the update in a couple minutes:

[Nintendo Switch] Reduced the default Controller Deadzone to 0.15 from 0.3 to better utilize Joy-Con analog sticks
Reduced volume of the Batmobile Goal Explosion

Performance
[Nintendo Switch] Adjusted world detail to improve average resolution in Handheld Mode
Optimized the following maps for Nintendo Switch and PC:
Utopia Stadium (all variants)
Farmstead
Maps are optimized on PC when using ‘Performance’ World Detail setting
Improved the field texture visuals for the following maps on Nintendo Switch and PC:
Champion’s Field
Wasteland
Visual improvements on PC apply when High Quality Shaders are turned off

BUG FIXES General
Fixed Player Avatars sometimes displaying on the wrong user after someone quit or joined the lobby
Fixed missing blowoff valve audio for Octane ZSR Engine
[Nintendo Switch] Fixed a rare crash that could occur in the post-match Scoreboard in Rumble
Grass is now visible on the Main Menu when using ‘Performance’ World Detail settings
Ground Textures now appear on Farmstead when using ‘Performance’ World Detail
[Steam] Fixed an issue with Older Urban Central replays crashing the game
Quick chat audio no longer sounds when a player joins or leaves a server
Goal Explosion audio no longer loops after previewing a Goal Explosion in the Crate Preview menu

Nintendoforlife

OorWullie

Yep, just came here to post that. We got the update we hoped for. Taking Switch down to my mates just now to try and get him into the game so he can buy it for Xbox and play me. First I'll be checking for any improvements.

One thing this update takes an extra 2.3gb.

Make that 3.4gb, needs even more to install it.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendoforlife

After messing around with it for a bit, I can definitely say the optimization worked. The maps look and feel cleaner to play on (most noticeably in docked). Wasteland in particular looks miles above what it used to looks like in terms of texturing, utopia also has way was less jagged edges. In handheld farmstead looks almost indentical to how the docked version looked before the update. So that bodes well for future updates to the maps, and maybe a full 720P undocked increase as well.

Nintendoforlife

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic