Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 741 to 760 of 12,088

Dreamz

I really hate the built-in itemization balance in Mario Kart 8. To me, the items should be completely random. Let skill and a little luck determine the race, not faux balancing by artificially making the races closer.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Chrono_Cross

Dreamz wrote:

I really hate the built-in itemization balance in Mario Kart 8. To me, the items should be completely random. Let skill and a little luck determine the race, not faux balancing by artificially making the races closer.

Yes, because receiving a star in first place takes skill.

technotaylor98 wrote:

I don't think the NSMB series is getting stale.
We've only had 4 since 2006. That's an average of 1 every other year.

They're uninspired and run together.

That's why they're stale.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

kkslider5552000

If anything the items feel more random outside of first. The amount of green shells in 8th and I've already gotten TWO Crazy Eights at 3rd place.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

mystman12

I actually think DKC3's soundtrack is really good, and way too underrated. I mean, it's not David Wise, and I wouldn't want most of it on my iPod, (Water World being an exception) but it is very different, in a good way, and it all fits the levels very well. (Although I haven't played through the entire game yet.) Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Dreamz

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

Yes, because receiving a star in first place takes skill.

Yes, at the very least it takes more skill than moving up several places when the game gave you the 8-item pity power-up because you were lagging behind.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

shingi_70

Viva Pinata is better than every N64 rare game expect Perfect Dark and Golden eye.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

PanicPuppet

I liked Batman Arkham Origins a LOT more than Arkham City.

I found the story, art direction, character designs (Killer Croc, Joker, and Batman himself in particular), and overall tone to be much better and more natural. I personally like it when Batman is more human in the sense that he can make mistakes, or miscalculate something when going after criminals; as opposed to the Gary Stu-like Batman in previous Arkham games.

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

Chrono_Cross

Dreamz wrote:

Yes, at the very least it takes more skill than moving up several places when the game gave you the 8-item pity power-up because you were lagging behind.

Then you'd be here complaining about how the first placed player got the 8-item pity power up and won.

technotaylor98 wrote:

While I do agree they run together some, they seem to noticeably improve with each installment.

Regardless of improvements, the New! series is still uninspired.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

shingi_70

Nintendo had a good E3, but most people won't care since it doesn't have games like Destiny.

Telltale's more TV style'd P&C games are far better than the tradional method of the genre.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

ArabPikachu

I despise the inclusion of romantic love in videogames

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

unrandomsam

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

Then you'd be here complaining about how the first placed player got the 8-item pity power up and won.

technotaylor98 wrote:

While I do agree they run together some, they seem to noticeably improve with each installment.

Regardless of improvements, the New! series is still uninspired.

They can do it (See NSLU and world 6/7 in NSMBU) they just choose not to.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

HappyHappyist

gender has nothing to do with a video game, games aren't as sexist as people say they are. People who argue and complain about the lack of female playable characters are idiots and are just trying to start something.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

RR529

ArabPikachu wrote:

I despise the inclusion of romantic love in videogames

I'm the opposite. I can't get enough of the campy romantic elements included in games like FFX & TotA, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Aviator

HappyHappyist wrote:

just trying to start something.

equal representation?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

OptometristLime

Aviator wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

just trying to start something.

equal representation?

White knights, architects of human progress since never.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

DiscoDriver43

Mitsuko_Chan wrote:

Nintendo games being expensive is unfair.

Changed it. why do they not drop in price?

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

ArabPikachu

HappyHappyist wrote:

People who argue and complain about the lack of female playable characters are idiots and are just trying to start something.

Those people love drinking feminist kool-aid, lol

HappyHappyist wrote:

gender has nothing to do with a video game.

I think it depends on what the videogame is.

Example: It would make more sense to have male characters outnumber female characters in a Fighting game

Edited on by ArabPikachu

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

Drobotic

I love Sonic Heroes.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

RR529

ArabPikachu wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

gender has nothing to do with a video game.

I think it depends on what the videogame is.

Example: It would make more sense to have male characters outnumber female characters in a Fighting game

Why would that make sense? In a genre infused with fantasy elements that boost one's combative capabilities to superhuman ability, like ki/chi and magic, real world physical capacity is irrelevant, and there's no reason to have less female options than male.

That's not to say I think gender has nothing to do with games though. If a developer's intent was to have a story heavy game centering around King Richard during the crusades, a female option wouldn't make sense, given that King Richard was male. Likewise, a game centering around governing ancient Egypt from the eyes of Cleopatra shouldn't have a male option.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Oragami

Sonic and the Black Knight is the best Sonic game ever made, 2D or 3D.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic