Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 761 to 780 of 12,088

HappyHappyist

technotaylor98 wrote:

Digital games are superior to physical disc games.
Are there cons? Some, yes. But I'll be playing my game while y'all are waiting for GameStop to open or Amazon to ship your package.

strongly disagree here. Can you sell a digital game? no. any collection value? no. can you buy used digital games? no. don't like the game? too bad, you blew your money away and can't get any of it back. The manual for digital games are also digital, which is an inconvenience.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

CaviarMeths

HappyHappyist wrote:

strongly disagree here.

Hence the title of the topic.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

MuchoMochi

Unpopular opinion here, although they tend to be my favorite kind of video games, I think that the name "Role- Playing Game" is redundant. Regardless of what you are doing in an video game, you are playing an essential role.There is never a video game when you aren't playing some sort of a role, even if you aren't in direct control of a character. Even when you are playing a sports game, when you take control of a player on a team, you are fulfilling the role of that player. Do I understand why they are called that? Yes. I just think there could have been some more creativity there.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

CanisWolfred

Except the term was taken from D&D style games, back when all RPGs were just singleplayer D&D games. It used to describe the genre perfectly, it's just that the genre has evolved heavily since then. It's not "uncreative", it's just archaic. But good luck getting a different term to stick.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MuchoMochi

CanisWolfred wrote:

Except the term was taken from D&D style games, back when all RPGs were just singleplayer D&D games. It used to describe the genre perfectly, it's just that the genre has evolved heavily since then. It's not "uncreative", it's just archaic. But good luck getting a different term to stick.

Actually it's my opinion, so I can use whatever word I want to describe it. I understand the origins of the genre's name, and my point still fits, regardless of what era of RPG you want to bring up. You were a single player, fulfilling a role, just like in almost every game ever created. I didn't want to create a new term, I just thought it was an interesting point.

Edited on by MuchoMochi

CanisWolfred

I'm really getting frustrated with everyone seemingly hating the idea of "discussion" on a discussion forum. You may be entitled to your opinion, but you're on the internet, not an empty void. If you don't want somebody to discuss what you just said, why say anything at all?

...now with that out of my system, I was just trying to say that there's no other term they can use. I agree it's a stupid term, but that's words for you. They don't make logical sense.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Aviator

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm really getting frustrated with everyone seemingly hating the idea of "discussion" on a discussion forum. You may be entitled to your opinion, but you're on the internet, not an empty void. If you don't want somebody to discuss what you just said, why say anything at all?

...now with that out of my system, I was just trying to say that there's no other term they can use. I agree it's a stupid term, but that's words for you. They don't make logical sense.

But it's his opinion. How dare you question that!

As Canis said, all games might be RPGs, but they don't include the characteristics of the genre in it's original form.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Dreamz

CanisWolfred wrote:

You may want to go back and re-read the OP. This thread was never supposed to be a discussion as much as a listing of opinions that weren't very popular.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

DiscoDriver43

Little Big Planet 2 is one of the best platformers. certainly much better than New Super Mario Bros. It is only beaten by Donkey Kong Country Returns as the best platformers last generation.

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

Chrono_Cross

Dreamz wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

You may want to go back and re-read the OP. This thread was never supposed to be a discussion as much as a listing of opinions that weren't very popular.

Why can't we still have a discussion about someone's unpopular opinion?

It's as if it's a hidden rule to have something interesting going on around these boring 'forums'. Top ten lists, your favorite game of _______, and forum games get a little stale a little fast.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

MuchoMochi

CanisWolfred wrote:

I don't know why you think I'm not up for discussion, I was simply stating that my word choice, which you have every right to disagree with, isn't wrong. This is a discussion, an exchange of ideas and opinions, no one is wrong or right. Also, the OP never said anything about discussing them, he said to state your unpopular opinion, which clearly mine is unpopular. He never said we must respond to people and disagree with them, or agree with them for that matter. I don't mind it though, all's fair in the forum I don't harbor any negativity with this discussion.

Sleepingmudkip

Kid Icarus is the best 3ds game....in my opinion of course

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

MuchoMochi wrote:

Unpopular opinion here, although they tend to be my favorite kind of video games, I think that the name "Role- Playing Game" is redundant. Regardless of what you are doing in an video game, you are playing an essential role.There is never a video game when you aren't playing some sort of a role, even if you aren't in direct control of a character. Even when you are playing a sports game, when you take control of a player on a team, you are fulfilling the role of that player. Do I understand why they are called that? Yes. I just think there could have been some more creativity there.

Because it's the name of a genre, not a descriptive phrase. Or else we would start having to call almost every game in existence action games.

It's like asking why Kraft Dinner is called Dinner. Every food is dinner! That makes no sense!

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DPad

I like...no...LOVE games like Vampire Rain, Operation Raccoon City, & Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. I tend to really enjoy games with clunky controls, awkward camera, & bad acting.

I think this comes from the fact that, as a kid, games with these aspects were considered cutting edge & good (Tomb Raider for example), but I just didn't have the skill for them then. Now, as an adult, I can not only play those games but am actually quite good at them. I enjoy conquering a game when the mechanics are seemingly working against you. Lol hell, I've practically beaten Ride to Hell. Lol

I command the following plan, obtain green stars & stamps!
MOST ANTICIPATED WiiU GAMES:
1. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
2. The Legend of Zelda U
3. Sonic BOOM
4. Mario Vs. Donkey Kong
5. Splatoon

WhiteNoise17

Playing a sports game is quite possibly one of the laziest things you can do in my opinion if you're not a rabid sports fan or unable to preform the task in real life (due to being handicapped or the action being illegal) why do it?

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

8BitSamurai

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

Playing a sports game is quite possibly one of the laziest things you can do in my opinion if you're not a rabid sports fan or unable to preform the task in real life (due to being handicapped or the action being illegal) why do it?

Hate to be that guy, but by this logic racers are pointless, you can do it in real life, shooters are pointless, you can play paintball or join the military, etc.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

WhiteNoise17

8BitSamurai wrote:

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

Hate to be that guy, but by this logic racers are pointless, you can do it in real life, shooters are pointless, you can play paintball or join the military, etc.

This is true but again you can't (or at least shouldn't) do somethings when it comes to reality. Racing unless sanctioned is illegal I think, and something like GTA in real life would make more ignorant people blame video games for violent crimes. But anyway its just something about sitting on a couch and playing Madden makes me feel lazier than usual maybe its because I don't care for many sports. I Love racing games though.

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

Veloster

Dankykong wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

Wow how can someone be so stupid. Do you really go race in the street like you do in video games? Do you really go around shooting people like you do in video games? Do you do ANYTHING you do in video games? Probably not. Way to just want to be against that post for no reason.

Actually, I completely agree with @8BitSamurai. You can't just say that playing a sport game is lazy, but playing a racing or shooting or driving etc. etc. etc. game isn't.

The greatest scene in T.V history

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0036-0357

8BitSamurai

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

This is true but again you can't (or at least shouldn't) do somethings when it comes to reality. Racing unless sanctioned is illegal I think, and something like GTA in real life would make more ignorant people blame video games for violent crimes. But anyway its just something about sitting on a couch and playing Madden makes me feel lazier than usual maybe its because I don't care for many sports. I Love racing games though.

Likewise, you just can't go assemble a major league team to come and play with you in a few minutes to play sports. Playing sports in real life just is not comparable to joining a team IRL and playing. One is a video game, one is real life.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic