Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 721 to 740 of 12,088

Memeboy3

Ok, I got a big one...

I actually like Pink Gold Peach.

S'up
I love Anime and Wii U and 3DS games with Barry and Ross.
And Im playing Super Mario 3D World, KI:U, Colors, etc
My friend code:
3711- 7655 - 4325
My Nintendo network ID :Pokelover10

Nintenjoe64

EA and Activision have made better Wii U games than Ubisoft.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

ThePirateCaptain

I have a few:
Zelda II is miles better than the original Legend of Zelda

Super Paper Mario is one of the most creative and unique games that Nintendo has ever made

Paper Mario: Sticker Star is actually a pretty good game with some great puzzles.

Super Mario Kart has aged terribly and the tracks are rather boring.

Mario Kart: Double Dash is the most overrated game in the Mario Kart series.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the best game in the series.

Team Fortress 2 is the best FPS ever created.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

SkywardLink98

Swiket wrote:

To be fair, Portal 2 is better than 110% of most games.

Fixed it for ya.

CapnPancakes wrote:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the best game in the series.

I'd high five you if it weren't for the fact we are probably 1000s of miles apart, but to say the least I agree with you.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Auracle

Team Fortress 2 is the best FPS ever created.

@CapnPancakes is credit to team!

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

I-U
  • I think Cia is the best designed Zelda character outside of Link and Zelda.
  • I think the announcement of a "Metroid Warriors" would be cooler than the Metroid Series being back in Retro's hands on the Wii U.
  • I think NSMB Wii's multiplayer was an expected progression, where as NSMB2's coin theme felt more like a new twist. I don't know what NSMBU's doing with "New" in its title though.
  • Pokémon games are some of the best RPGs to complete, but are one of the worst to keep. I don't know if I want the R/S remakes unless save files are added.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

iKhan

The gameplay of Pokemon games outside of battle has gone down the toilet since Masuda took over for Tajiri.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

World

I-U wrote:

• I think the announcement of a "Metroid Warriors" would be cooler than the Metroid Series being back in Retro's hands on the Wii U.

Well, maybe. But Space Blaster In Space isn't really Tecmo-Koei's jam. Then again...GUNDAM. So who knows.

...actually though, now I'M kind of wondering why they didn't do Fire Emblem Warriors!

World

CanisWolfred

FE Warriors > Zelda Warriors. Zelda Warriors is still cool, though.

Anyways, the Mass Effect 3 ending(s) were actually pretty satisfying. Well, the Extended Ending at least. Could it have been a lot better? Yes. Could your choices have effected it more? Hell yes. But the ending itself really fit the themes and make you feel like you've accomplished something, and honestly depending on how you play, you'll probably tie up most of the loose ends anyways. It was an epic end to an epic series, IMO. Especially the choice we went with.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuardianKing

iKhan wrote:

The gameplay of Pokemon games outside of battle has gone down the toilet since Masuda took over for Tajiri.

Umm.... Explain this one to me. Hasn't Masuda taken over from Gen 3 and on? How has the overworld gameplay gone down the drain?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

FE Warriors > Zelda Warriors. Zelda Warriors is still cool, though.

Even ignoring me vastly preferring Zelda, I disagree because
1. We're already getting an FE inevitably fanservice-heavy crossover.
2. Dynasty Warriors gameplay-wise is the complete opposite of FE. It makes as much sense as if the next Ninja Gaiden game was actually a chess board.
3. This might be the only chance we can play as (insert tons of characters here) ever

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

Actually, the Warriors series requires more strategy than you'd expect. Especially on higher difficulties. And if they went with FE it would probably give them an excuse to make the strategy elements stronger, anyways. Maybe they could make it more like Kessen, except not as bad as Kessen, since Omega Force has come a loooong way since Kessen.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

GuardianKing wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Umm.... Explain this one to me. Hasn't Masuda taken over from Gen 3 and on? How has the overworld gameplay gone down the drain?

Because the environments are no longer a maze-like chore to navigate? That's the only difference I've noticed...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

iKhan

GuardianKing wrote:

iKhan wrote:

It disappeared. Seriously, obstacles to progression, which essentially is what gives gameplay, have all but gone away. Cave and Gym Puzzles were easy to the point that it's hard to even call them puzzles in B/W, and while X/Y improved on this, it was still a problem. Any instance when you are faced with an obstacle to progression, you aren't asked to figure out how to get past it, but told exactly how to do so. Consider this, in X/Y, when you run into Snorlax, it triggers a cutscene that indicates exactly how to get past it and where to go. When you ran into Sudowoodo in G/S/C on the other hand, running into Sudowoodo presents the challenge of figuring out how to get past it. You have to actively think of what would get it to move, and who to go to in Goldenrod. Now, I understand what X/Y was trying to do, not present a challenge in traversing the overworld, but sending you to a challenge in the form of a puzzle. But exploring and discovering an overworld is one of the key things I've learned to like about the Pokemon series.

Also, I'm a much bigger fan of the non linear style of R/B/Y.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Maelstrom

kkslider5552000 wrote:

2. Dynasty Warriors gameplay-wise is the complete opposite of FE. It makes as much sense as if the next Ninja Gaiden game was actually a chessboard.

This is the main reason it just wouldn't work. Think of it the other way. Would The Last of Us or a Batman Arkham game work well as a turn-based strategy/rts? It might, but it would lose what made it unique in the first place.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Kyloctopus

Mario Kart 8's Battle Mode is good in my opinion. If you ask me, it's an improvement from Mario Kart 7 and a great improvement from Mario Kart Wii.
First of all, the scoring system is way better. I always preferred the elimination format. The scoring format of 7 and Wii felt...weird. Like balloon's were only involved for nostalgia's sake. It does scoring in a way that fits so well. Those who last long are rewarded, but those who battled hard are also rewarded in a great way.

Second of all it's not hectic to the point it doesn't involve strategy. If you asked me, the arena's in battle modes were so chaotic and small in Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart DS, winning just seems like a matter of luck to me, as long as you understand the controls.
Mario Kart Wii's arena's were so open, I would play Wifi games without even having the chance to hit someone with an item, and they wouldn't hit me either. The biggest culprit is Funky Kong Stadium, but it's in no way the only one to be guilty of this.
Going back to Mario Kart 8, the idea of a track as an arena makes sense because it's big enough for it not to be hectic, but closed enough to actually hit people in the game by the time the game ends.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

DiscoDriver43

Games can be ruined by their fanbase like i learned from League of Legends. I hate this game, because i can not stand one more second of the smug overly inflated unwarrented egos of it's douchebag playerbase.

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

WhiteNoise17

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this but i'm definitely in the minority when i say that I found Megaman Legends and Star force to be way more interesting than the 2-D platformers that his fanbase is foaming at the mouth for. The 2-D ones aren't bad games at all but to me they' re not as good as Legends or Star force in a couple of terms like character development, to me Volnutt or Geo are way more fleshed out characters than the classic or X series OMG the world is in danger better save it... again they feel like mario and I love mario.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!
The other ways I'd say these games are better than the others is in terms of story Volnutt is a carefree digger who at one point was the body guard to the master sent to earth after the masters death to live with the carbons. Geo Stellar on the other hand was a anti-social 5th grader who lost his dad discovers an alien and comes to make friends then protect them the games expand upon those basic premises greatly I'd say .

And finally in terms of gameplay I love both of them. Being the first mega man game I ever played Legends instantly had me sold 3-d environments and tons of upgradeable weapons and plenty of places to explore while Star force had a strange take on the RPG formula especially with the way battle works with the cards your commands but the mega buster being your standard attack. Legends music was ok but Star force had some truly awesome tracks and these are both ( can't believe I'm saying this) underrated games.

Oh and Command Mission was my favorite mega man X game and I've yet to the Battle Network series so....

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

Volmortanto

I don't like 2d platformers at all. This includes Sonic, Mario and the 2d mega man games.
I like the new Pokemon games better (gens 4-6). I think the charcter designs on the old games especially 1st gen were horrible with ones like voltorb jynx and the three legendary birds. Three are some that are good like the eeveeloutions.
I don't think Link should be customizable at all in Zelda Wii U (may not be unpopular here but I have heard a lot of people wanting this). Also I don't think we should ever be able to play as Zelda (unless it's a spinoff or such).

3ds friend code 5129 0670 7184

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic