Forums

Topic: Metroid VS Halo

Posts 121 to 140 of 153

HolyMackerel

I loved Halo 1 & 2. And yes, I think Halo 1 was the best in the series too.

Edited on by theblackdragon

HolyMackerel

SkullMan

I find the Halo series overrated and lackluster. It's quite boring, the graphics never impressed me, it felt like every run of the mill sci-fi shooter. The controls are also terrible.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Hokori

Metroid, halo is the type of game thats ment to be online, while Prime Hunters was online it was that way for reason

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Joetherocker

Metroid. Every time I play Halo it feels like just another FPS. I never got what the big deal was.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

TheBaconator

I could never compare Halo to Metroid. I can't even compare the Prime series to Halo because they are way to different. Halo is a straight up, solid FPS that the main objective is killing and defending. While Metroid Prime in my opinion isn't even a FPS game, I classify it in the First-Person-Action-Adventure type game. There is more of an emphisis on exploration and puzzles than killing and fighting. Both are great game franchises, but they are just way to different to compare.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Cia

I believe that majority of Halo fans started gaming when original Xbox was released, and it may have been one of the first games played by many. For them, it's propably nostalgic. How many older generation gamers are there, who like Halo? Not too many, and propably very few of those who started with N64 and played throught it's greatest FPS games before Halo.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

hylianhalcyon

ballkirby1 wrote:

I could never compare Halo to Metroid. I can't even compare the Prime series to Halo because they are way to different. Halo is a straight up, solid FPS that the main objective is killing and defending. While Metroid Prime in my opinion isn't even a FPS game, I classify it in the First-Person-Action-Adventure type game. There is more of an emphisis on exploration and puzzles than killing and fighting. Both are great game franchises, but they are just way to different to compare.

I absolutely agree.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

The_Fox

WhoKnew wrote:

Rally wrote:

Faron wrote:

METROID... no contest. Halo 1 is still the worst fps i've ever played

How so? Without Halo, we surely wouldn't have a Metroid FPS. (That and GoldenEye)

No.

GoldenEye came out like 5 years before the first Halo. And Halo had nothing to do with the creation of Metroid Prime.

I think you misunderstood him. I believe he meant that the popularity of Halo and Goldeneye were responsible for Metroid Prime being feasible.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

armoredghor

Look, these very distinctly different games. One is online multiplayer and another is an adventure game. I still Halo is better apreciated as a piece of Lore rather than a first person shooter.

armoredghor

LordJumpMad

A Metroid.VS.Halo Thread, in a Nintendo Fan web site...., guess who going to win.....

Metroid and Halo, are nowhere near at the Same Level, There both to different games, in every way,.
This is like if Someone trying to compare Mario to God of War

Metroid isn't really a FSP type Game, unless you call shoot Bugs game. It has it own style of Doing things.
Halo is a game no one really get it for it's Story, but its Gameplay for Online.

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

theblackdragon

we can do without insulting other users just because they're excited for an upcoming game, guys. :/

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

MetalMario

I think the story in Halo is better but Metroid doesn't really need a story.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Var

I see how someone might want to compare them due to the Prime series however I barely see how the general series are comparable. Metroid is an exploration series yet Halo is purely FPS so its apples and oranges...I'm a man of mainly Nintendo consoles and I prefer the immersive atmosphere of Metroid to the run and gun kinda gameplay of Halo (I can't judge too much as I don't have the game myself, I do however have a friend who is big into Halo so I've seen him play it a lot).
Each to their own I suppose,

This week, I 'ave been mostly...IV breeding.

FunderThucker

Metroid
Reason:
It's Metroid

Fin

I am the hero that Gotham deserves.

BedCommando

Metroid evolved platformers into something greater for all players.
Halo almost destroyed the FPS genre for hardcore players by introducing "noob mode" as a standard.
(The term "noob mode" refers to a gameplay mechanic that automatically regenerates the players vitals after a few seconds).
The choice is obvious, Metroid.

Edited on by BedCommando

Bedloggery
Currently playing
Pokemon Black (DS)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (OnLive)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (XBLA)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.