Forums

Topic: Let's Celebrate Chicken Brutus's 100th Review!

Posts 1 to 20 of 44

Philip_J_Reed

...eventually!

I was putting together my new blog and figured I'd link to each of my game reviews for Nintendo Life. You can find those here:
http://noiselesschatter.com/game-reviews/

Anyway, I thought I'd count them up, and I ended up with 85 reviews to date. Not too shabby, and at the pace I've been going, I'll be hitting 100 pretty soon.

So I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for reading, for giving me feedback that helps me to improve my writing, and for articulating your disagreements in some of the most impressively thoughtful comments I've ever seen on the internet. I've made a good number of friends here thanks to the reviews that I've done, and every single reader, commenter, or Facebook-sharer means the world to me. So thank you.

Anyway, the numerologist in me was curious about how my scores trended. After all, I have sort of a reputation here for being particularly harsh, or for at least getting some pretty bad games to review! So here's the breakdown:

1/10: 6 games
2/10: 11 games
3/10: 5 games
4/10: 11 games
5/10: 6 games
6/10: 11 games
7/10: 13 games
8/10: 12 games
9/10: 10 games
10/10: none!

It's interesting to me how few of these games scored so low! In fact, there's a fairly even split here between "not bad" and "...okay, they're bad." I guess I don't get given all the garbage games after all! Or maybe I just cracked and started handing out 9s so I wouldn't go insane. Either is a possibility.

But no perfect 10s. Perhaps for my 100th review? We'll see what Daz assigns me. I'm thinking Bit.Boy: World Tour.

So join me on this final stretch of 15 reviews. We'll get to 100 before we know it, and I owe it all to you guys. Thanks so much.

And for those who are curious, the 1s are:
Kidz Bop Dance Party, Fireplacing, Incoming!, The Hidden, 101 Pinball World, and Halloween: Trick or Treat.

Nevermind what I said above. Maybe I really do get the worst games...

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

HandheldGuru97

Good job Chicken! Keep the 1/10's coming!

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

WiiWareWave

Fantastic work Chicken Brutus.
Do you have any tips for people who might be interested in reviewing games in the future?
Why did you decide to review games, besides the obvious being a fan of video games?

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

shingi_70

You whole sort them in order from best to worst. Keep the bad games a coming.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

retired_account

I hear Korner Entertainment, Bplus and JV Games are collaborating on Fireplacing 2: Bit Boy Incoming!! for just this occasion. Apparently Daz and Nintendo are even in talks to time its release accordingly...

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

LordJumpMad

And your still alive after that
you poor soul.

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Philip_J_Reed

Rukiafan wrote:

Fantastic work Chicken Brutus.
Do you have any tips for people who might be interested in reviewing games in the future?
Why did you decide to review games, besides the obvious being a fan of video games?

As far as tips...I honestly don't! Nintendo Life provides pretty good guidance on what they expect from reviewers, and the community is quick to bring up anything they think you might have missed or misinterpreted, so as long as you keep an open mind about the advice folks are giving you, you're bound to get better with every one.

I started reviewing because I'm a bit of a compulsive critic (see my blog, with much more to come, for that!) and wrote for a different site called Noise to Signal years ago. I started reviewing WiiWare games there and it wasn't long before there was an opening at Nintendo Life, and I hopped aboard. Haven't looked back since. I've written for a lot of sites over the years, and this is easily my favorite, due in enormous part to the awesome readership.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Knux

Your reviews are beyond awesome, Chicken Brutus! I hope we get to see you review many more awful games in the future!

I would give a heart and kidney if you review Superman 64.

Knux

Kid_A

You're one of my favorite reviewers on the Internet and you've inspired me more than you know. I'm just privileged that I got to review along side you
Keep up the good work, buddy.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Prof_Clayton

I've read every article of yours since I've joined. Keep the 1s and 2s coming! And Congrats

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

theblackdragon

since it's still a ways off, anyone want to take bets on what the chances are that 100th review will be a Bplus title? i know that'd make my day, haha~
Adam's too, i'm sure >:3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Philip_J_Reed

Thanks everyone! I have two more reviews in the pipeline right now, ready to go up, and with the added workload of the other sites snatching away members of the NL team, that pace is probably only going to increase. Place your bets now on what #100 will be. I'm quite terrified that Pixelman might be right...

I appreciate the kind words. And don't forget to join us again this time next month, to celebreate TBD's 1,000th Banning! (625 of them were Orlick.)

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

the_shpydar

#100 should be a "revisited" style review, where you go back and are forced to play Niki Rock N Ball. Clockwork Orange-syle eye-clamps will be provided if you can not stand the horror for long enough.

Seriously though, keep up the awesomeness. I think i actually like reading your reviews of horrible games more than the good ones.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Drawdler

Congrats! I don't think I'd ever be able to be a professional reviewer, my opinions change too much... Haha.

Those 1/10 Reviews are fantastic! Now let's have a 0 for your 100th!

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Kid_A

Chicken_Brutus wrote:

And don't forget to join us again this time next month, to celebreate TBD's 1,000th Banning! (625 of them were Orlick.)

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Adam

Thank you all for the kind words.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Pogocoop

Your reviews are hilarious, and you are my favorite reviewer on the site!
Great job and Congrats!!!

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.