Forums

Topic: Ace Attorney Series

Posts 401 to 420 of 484

Singularity

Well, I just found out that Capcom's Captivate press conference will be held on the 6th and 7th of April. The first Ace Attorney Investigations localisation was announced there, and so I'm hopeful.

Singularity

Roz

Is there any chance they won't release GK2 in US/PAL? Did the first GK sell well (I've no idea)?

Roz

Singularity

They've released the last five games in English. Capcom know there's a cult-fanbase. They want to keep good relations with their fans. Ace Attorney typically only sells a few hundred thousand at best in the west, not much compared to Japan, but it's still enough to turn over a profit and make a localisation worth it.

Singularity

Bass_X0

Singularity wrote:

I think Ghost Trick ended perfectly and unlike Phoenix Wright was very self-contained. A sequel could be done but it would feel a little... forced.

ENDING SPOILERS

What happened to the Sissel that abandoned Ray originally? Whats his story? Who does he meet?

Would a sequel based on this alternate reality feel forced? It would have to have a mostly new cast since some main characters die or Sissel would not cross paths with them but some characters from the first game could return.

i would play the hell out of a Steel Samurai beat-'em-up. no lie :3

Can we settle for Steel Samurai appearing in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 as DLC or Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 2 if one ever happens?

The only question is should Steel Samurai be played by Will Powers or Larry Butz? Or be the actual character from the TV show instead of an actor playing him on TV?

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Issun

Super Mega SPOILERS ahead :
-
-
-
-
-
Not too sure about this theory. But since we know that Sissel is now an undead/immortal being, the next game could happen years/ centuries later, and everyone is long dead (sad thought by the way) and it could be a game à la Lost Odyssey.
Now this is just baseless and stupid thoughts, now all fantasies could be imagined.

Edited on by Issun

Waffle !

fishman100

Man I can't wait until Gyakuten kenji 2 arrives in the US! Music is great and the gameplay looks solid!

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

LunarJade

It sounds like the question that was asked though was "Is it coming soon?" And they said No.
While I agree it's pretty blunt and if they weren't sure they might have just said "we have no information at this time.." or something along those lines... but I kind of wonder if it's just a thing of at this time they aren't localizing it. They seem pretty tired in that video.

I'm holding out hope at least for a little while.

3DS FC: 0130-1819-5020
Currently Playing: Nintendogs + Cats

Singularity

Ah, bollocks. Well, we should wait until the 12th when Captivate information becomes public for final words. And regardless of if you found AAI boring or not, this is bad news. It means subsequent Ace Attorney games (like Apollo Justice 2 when it finally arrives) might not be released over here.

Edited on by Singularity

Singularity

theblackdragon

I'm with LunarJade — it looks like the question was 'soon', and the bluntness could be chalked up to the personalities of the individuals answering questions. considering the game isn't even out in JP yet, and it's gonna take them that much longer to localize it for a western release, i'd wait for an official statement from Capcom before throwing in the towel.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Singularity

The game's been out in Japan since February.

Singularity

theblackdragon

my bad — scratch that part of what i said, then. still, it took nearly a year after the JP release of AAI before we finally got it, and who knows what could be holding them up at the moment. still inclined to wait for an official 'no' from Capcom proper.

BEST THREAD EVER

Singularity

Yeah, but with AAI an English localisation was announced before the game came out in Japan.

Singularity

theblackdragon

hey, worry about it all you want, i'm just saying i'm not gonna bother gettin' worked up until i hear something official :3

BEST THREAD EVER

fishman100

Terra wrote:

Bad news guys, looks like AAI2 may not get localized.

In their latest webcast on the Ask Capcom section of their official forums, there was a very blunt "No" in response to someone asking whether the game is coming to the US. It;s around the 29:45 mark of the video, with Full Story and Video Link Here

All I can say is, they'd better bring it here. That's what a gentleman does! (fail relation to Professor Layton)

I think they will in a year or two...

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

626b

Because I was ordered to, I'll post it here

As you might know, Capcom won't translate Gyakuten Kenji 2 to English. So that's why the guys from the Dutch [N]Gamer forum (Later supported by Court-Records) made a petition to show Capcom that there are enough Ace Attorney fans in the Western world for them to make an Engelish version of the game. And I know that a lot of people downloaded the Ace Attorney games, but please buy them so that Capcom will make more AA games!

So if you want to play Ace Attorney Investigations 2, please sign this petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/AAI2US/petition.html

626b

Reala

kkslider5552000 wrote:

626b wrote:

online petition

people actually think these work?

It seems so to be fair I think the Shenmue 3 petitions effect will kick in any day now, yep any day now, the only way people posting petitions will ever understand how useless they are at changing things is if we where all to sign a "petitions wont change anybodies mind and are useless" petition!!!

Reala

LunarJade

Found this thread if anyone is interested in looking through it:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/27...

Of course the important point is where there's clarification made on the video on page 3 of the thread.

"I'll be a little more clear.

The costs of localization are higher than the forecasted return. And no, it wouldn't sell more than Okamiden (which has already sold more than the first Investigations).

Could this content show up on some other platform somewhere down the line? Possibly, but there's nothing on that front for me to talk about. I realize there are fans who would like to have this and I'll be sure to explore ways that could happen viably in the future with our strategy and R&D teams but no promises."

I'm still waiting for news from Captivate honestly... but I do hope it'll still show up maybe as a downloadable game somewhere even though I'd really like to get it on a cartridge.
Also before anyone jumps to conclusions about this affecting Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright it's already been stated in a few places that Level 5 is the one making most of the decisions on that. And currently Level 5's focus is on Japan.
Which really makes sense given that they're still working on the game itself.

3DS FC: 0130-1819-5020
Currently Playing: Nintendogs + Cats

theblackdragon

haha, ouch. can't say i'm surprised that Okamiden is selling better than the first AAI, though — a niche title featuring entirely different gameplay than previous entries in the series and focused more on grownups compared to a long-awaited sequel to a bada** action/adventure title with kid-attracting power? it's no contest re: which is gonna sell better IMO.

That said, Professor Layton's doing damn well over here in the west, isn't it? with Level 5 calling the shots, even if they don't want to localize it for PW's sake, surely they'd localize it for Layton... i could give or take AAI2, but Layton vs. Wright is another story.

BEST THREAD EVER

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.