Forums

Topic: Ace Attorney Series

Posts 481 to 500 of 505

theblackdragon

@Tasuki: they were kinda niche titles to begin with, really. you're better off picking them up used IMO, most people just play it once and then trade it in. no sense paying $90 for BNiB — the games are good, but not that good, haha :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

HolyMackerel

@Tasuki I really suggest getting them on the DS. The WiiWare versions don't seem all that great with the sprite stretching and stuff. The games are well-suited to the DS's touch screen. Plus mystery games are always better when you can play them at night, curled up in a cozy chair, during a thunderstorm with the lights off, the flicker of a small screen illuminating your face, a curious shadow moving across the wall...

Or something along those lines anyway.

HolyMackerel

Tasuki

@Rob_mc_1: AH ok that makes sense thanks for the info.

@TBD: Yeah your right I forget to look for them used lol especially with the DS games. I never use the boxes that the games come in cause I have a handy carrying case that can hold 12 DS games and 6 styluses. It just kinda shocked me cause the first one I picked up on Amazon BNiB for only $15. So imagine my surprise when I looked up the other two and saw $90 each. I just dont want to deal with Gamestop really.

@HolyMackerel: Yeah thats when I usually play Phoenix Wright is at night in bed so having the DS version would be better for me so I wont disturb the wife like I would by turning on the TV and the Wii.

Thanks guys for the input.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Stine

I was just wondering if it matters which order I play Apollo Justice and Investigations (I've already played the PW trilogy). Do they even have anything to do with each other?

HolyMackerel

@Stine My advice is to just play AJ. AAI really isn't worth it. AJ has quality cases, interesting characters and even continues the story from the first three games. AAI is mostly slightly boring fanservice imo. No courtroom tension or anything. :/

But if you must play both, play AJ first for continuity.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

RudysaurusRex

I loved Apollo Justice. It was a great game.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

Stine

I actually just ordered AJ, so I guess I'm playing that first. And there's no way I'm skipping AAI; I'm such an Edgeworth fangirl that I just can't help playing his game. And I still think it looks interesting, even without the courtroom.

Bass_X0

I really suggest getting them on the DS. The WiiWare versions don't seem all that great with the sprite stretching and stuff.

Do you own any of the WiiWare versions? You get used to it. And with the cost the original DS version commands on the secondary market, you'd have to be quite dumb or quite a hardcore fan to pay ten times the amount of the WiiWare version just for sharper graphics.

Regular people should just get the WiiWare version.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

xxx_Kirby_xxx

Miles Edgeworth should adopt Pearl Fey. He loves Kay Faraday and yet I can't help but like Edgewright. CHUCKLE. I played all 3 Phoenix Wright games, Apollo Justice and Miles Edgeworth Investigations, but was very disappointed at older Phoenix Wright's appearance, as he looked rather hobo-ish. I want to play the new Miles Edgeworth game, but it isn't going to be translated into English. Anytime soon, anyway. I can't wait to play Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton! A few days ago, at a Smiggle shop, I wrote in one of the books (don't worry, it was a book used for testing pens) MILES EDGEWORTH FOR THE WIN. I want to go back there and see if any Ace Attorney fans contributed to that. I know somebody who carved Ace Attorney into a table at school and I came back later a few days and someone had written MILES EDGEWORTH FTW <3. Gotta love the number of Ace Attorney fans these days. <3

Anime Lovers Unite!

Jamouse

Ace Attorney = the best
(Yeah, that's all i could think of to say...)

Jamouse

xxx_Kirby_xxx

Does anybody know where to find chapter 7 and onwards of Gyakuten Saiban in English?

Anime Lovers Unite!

theblackdragon

@xxx_Kirby_xxx: No offense, but the Feys have their own village for goodness' sake — aside from Maya, there are probably plenty of blood relatives we haven't seen that Pearl could live with. Edgeworth adopting her is not necessary, nor would she probably go along with it — he couldn't possibly provide her with the facilities necessary for her training, not with his jet-setting prosecutor life and all.

also, did you not play Apollo Justice through to the end? hobo!Phoenix was necessary for what he went through, and what he had to do IMO... i doubt it would've worked out the way it had if he hadn't played the unreliable schtick the way he did.

BEST THREAD EVER

xxx_Kirby_xxx

@theblackdragon Yeah, you're right. I apologise. I didn't actually play Apollo Justice through to the end, as I couldn't, because I must've gotten a bad copy as it froze a lot. TT_TT. I just didn't like his new appearance. His personality was still the same Phoenix, though. Gotta admit, though, it'd be hilarious if Edgeworth adopted Pearly. Just saying. xD. No need to say no offence, as I don't take any offence to it, I was the one in the wrong, and for that I apologise and ask your forgiveness.

Anime Lovers Unite!

theblackdragon

yikes, sorry your copy of AJ was not working right — it's damn near my favorite title in the series. if you find a working copy anywhere, definitely go for it. the final case was amazing! :3

BEST THREAD EVER

xxx_Kirby_xxx

I'm sure it was! It was going fine until cross examining the guy with the toothbrush whose name I've temporarily forgotten. Umm... It's right on the tip of my tongue....

Anime Lovers Unite!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.