Forums

Topic: What 3DS launch titles are you buying?

Posts 101 to 120 of 203

Nani-ka

The only game worth buying at launch is SSF4 in my oppinion. I don't think the other games can entertain me long enough for €45...

Triforce - "Whatever you love, always pursue it. It's worth it in the end."
3DS FC: 4081 - 5480 - 6467

JohnDoe123

I'm getting Nintendogs + Cats. I'll most likely get either Lego Star Wars III or Asphalt 3D.

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

TheBaconator

I've decided to get all 3 Nintendo titles and Street Fighter. (If I need to cut a game off to save money, it'll be Steel Diver)

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

pkee

I think that nintendo have played there launch incredibly well. Everyone knows the 3ds is an amzing piece of hardware, and the launch line-up, while not being particularily groundbreaking, is very good and cates for everyone. For instance, I fully intend to get Pilotwings Resort on launch day, but it being a little "casual" for some, won't take everyones fancy. For these people, you've got the likes of SSFIV and Ridge Racer.
No game seems to be particularily amazing. There not "console sellers" like a new zelda or Mario Kart but the handheld itself is so revolutionary, it will practically sell itself. And when it does sell, people are going to want games. And the launch line-up certainly as plenty of them...
By releasing a "BIG" game at launch, it would have taken sales away from other, probably equally good, but overlooked games. If Pilotwings was released in a years time it wouldn't get near the market that it is inevitably going to get come launch day. The extra sales will not do the series any harm as far as another iteration is concerned.
And that is why I like the look of Nintendos launch line-up Something for everyone

RANT OVER

3DS Friend code: 1719 - 3164 - 9836

Metroid133

-Nintendo 3DS-Aqua Blue
-Steel Diver
-Pilotwings Resort
-Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
-nintendogs + cats: French Bulldog and New Friends
-Bust-A-Move Universe
-Super Monkey Ball 3D
-Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

I can't wait until Sunday! Only 6 more days!

Metroid133

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1163-3440 | Nintendo Network ID: Metroid133

Phobos

I've changed my mind about Cosmos Black (apologies, betrayed dark followers). I'll probably be getting Aqua Blue, then with Super Street Fighter IV 3D, PilotWings Resort (now I'm doubtful, will wait for Corbs' review) and Super Monkey Ball 3D.

My 3DS Blog | YouTube Channel
CUAF - Administrator/Chef/Logo Creator

SMEXAIZELDAMAN's Official Undercover Assassin

default12345

NintendoPurist3DS wrote:

warnerdan wrote:

Comos Black and PilotWings Resort.

I've also purchased Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros and Proffessor Layton and the Curious Village as I've never owned a DS before and do not want to miss out on the DS classics!

Then may I also suggest Super Mario 64 DS? It was a launch title for the DS, and to put it simply, it took what was great on the N64 and made it bigger and better! Improved graphics, three new playable characters (Luigi, Wario and Yoshi), revamped levels, new levels, 30 more Stars to collect, simple (but still fun) multiplayer, over 30 touch-screen minigames...it's the ultimate package for any DS-owning Mario fan and one of my all-time favourite DS games!

No, I don't work for Nintendo. I wish I did, believe me! I'm just a really huge fanboy is all.

I'll give it a spin! Thanks for the suggestion.

I think I'm going to get Nintendogs + Cats as well as PilotWings Resort.

It's all about having fun.

Edited on by default12345

default12345

JohnDoe123

Why is everyone getting Aqua Blue? I'm getting Cosmo Black. I've tried out both colors and the blue one was very sparkly. I prefer systems to be one solid color.

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

lunchmeats101

Nintendogs + Cats and perhaps Pilotwings resort.

3DS FC: 1118-0222-5055

default12345

EmpireIndustries wrote:

Why is everyone getting Aqua Blue? I'm getting Cosmo Black. I've tried out both colors and the blue one was very sparkly. I prefer systems to be one solid color.

Comos Black has received most pre-orders worldwide.

default12345

GamerZack87

EmpireIndustries wrote:

Uh...I tried them both as well, and if I remember correctly the black is also sparkly. It actually shows up better on the black in my humblest opinion, akin to a twinkly night sky, as opposed to the shimmering plankton-enriched aesthetic of the blue units. Nonetheless, I'm a sucker for Aqua Blue, being so very close to my favourite colour.
Still, black so glittery...

Anyway, going back on topic, I'm starting to toy with a number of possibilities. Super Monkey Ball's already preordered (and I refuse to back away, especially after reading Corbie's review and visiting the minisite), and I may also pick up one or more Nintendogs + Cats titles too, but I'm also thinking of grabbing some older DS games for a bit of nostalgic gaming on my shiny new handheld prior to the eShop's (and, by succession, the handheld VC's) launch in May.

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

TeeJay

warnerdan wrote:

EmpireIndustries wrote:

Really? I would have never thought that based on how popular it seems to be here.

Cosmo Black FTW

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

turtlelink

Tj92 wrote:

warnerdan wrote:

EmpireIndustries wrote:

Really? I would have never thought that based on how popular it seems to be here.

Cosmo Black FTW

The whole world isn't on Nintendo Life.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

TeeJay

turtlelink wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

warnerdan wrote:

EmpireIndustries wrote:

Cosmo Black FTW

What?! It's not?

I need to get out more.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

default12345

turtlelink wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

warnerdan wrote:

EmpireIndustries wrote:

Cosmo Black FTW

Not yet.

default12345

art_kevinc

Starting to gain more interest in Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars as my launch title.

3DS FC: 0173-1318-0187

rolLTheDice

Well not really buying but i've just got an e-mail from amazon.de...

... Saying that i can add one more game to my preorder ...

... for free !

It's very rare that we get such deals in Germany. So at the moment i am a very surprised and happy gamer.
I got to choose between Asphalt 3D, The Sims 3 and Super Monkey Ball 3D and chose SMB3D in the blink of an eye.
So if everything works out alright i'll get the following launch titles for sure:

• SMB3D
  • Ridge Racer 3D
  • Pilotwings Resort and
  • Street Fighter IV.

I will get Pilotwings and Street Fighter IV a bit later though since i'll at least wait until the 25th with my order for those.
And i'm still looking forward to see more reviews about all the other launch games to see which of them i may get later on.

Edit: So now i'm absolutley fine with most likely missing out on that AR-shirt. Assuming there won't be a deal that's at least this good until launch.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

ImDiggerDan

Well, my final list of launch games is complete, unless Amazon UK wants to add a freebie for me too!

I'm getting my 3DS and Lego Star Wars from my local Game (since I have my reward points and gift cards to trade in). Not getting any more games from there are the prices are stupid. £40 when games are $40 in the US (I think!).

I'm getting a 3DS with Rayman bundled for my wife from Amazon. Also getting Pilotwings and Street Fighter on a separate order from Amazon as it's £20 cheaper than buying from Game. Should keep me going for a while. Plus, I need to finish off Spirt Tracks.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

Oregano

I'm getting Pilotwings and Samurai Warriors at launch but I'm considering getting Ghost Recon in two or three weeks because there's not going to be many imminent releases and it will give me a brand new game to play.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

default12345

PilotWings Resort, Nintendogs + Cats and a few DS games.

Oh the joys of never owning a DS.

default12345

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.