Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - Do You Use The 3D? -

Posts 101 to 120 of 133

yoyogamer

Slapshot wrote:

Super Mario 64/Majora's Mask next please!

Yes!

This is a signature.

Retro_on_theGo

Has anyone noticed that whenever Link and Navi go through a black door when they're walking into the blackness they're ALWAYS double imaging? The waterfalls in the background of the sacred realm was double imaging for me 95% of the cut scene too. Is this just me? Because I can see everything else just fine, no double imaging.

bboy2970

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Has anyone noticed that whenever Link and Navi go through a black door when they're walking into the blackness they're ALWAYS double imaging? The waterfalls in the background of the sacred realm was double imaging for me 95% of the cut scene too. Is this just me? Because I can see everything else just fine, no double imaging.

In most 3DS games, when a bright color is right next to pure black, the colored object tends to double. I'm not sure the technical reason but that's just how it is. Try tilting the 3DS back a bit. For me, it tends to make the 3D better and makes less doubling happen.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

Retro_on_theGo

bboy2970 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

In most 3DS games, when a bright color is right next to pure black, the colored object tends to double. I'm not sure the technical reason but that's just how it is. Try tilting the 3DS back a bit. For me, it tends to make the 3D better and makes less doubling happen.

Oh,ok. That's good to know. I knew it had to be a technical reason. It was just too consistent to be my eyes. Well I guess aside from that little problem the 3D is perfect in this game.

Slapshot

@DrKarl That is a fantastic idea, and one I'd yet thought to try out for myself - as I actually shoot scoped rifles a bit too. I will definitely be trying that out when I get back to the game tomorrow after work! Thanks mate.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

warioswoods

bboy2970 wrote:

Hey, that's almost exactly what I said a page back!

warioswoods wrote:

The mild ghosting effect occurs in any 3DS game where there is a very bright object against a very dark background. I've seen it a few times in OoT in dark places, but it's really minor and just looks a it like watching a TV with a few reflections in the background.

However, it gets much better typically if you adjust your position vertically, just a bit. If you're viewing the screen from slightly lower than straight on, the ghosting is much lighter.

I'm glad to see that someone else uses the tilt-back-slightly technique, although "ditto" would have sufficed ; )

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Spoony_Tech

I always use the 3d set to max. I haven'thad any visualproblems at all. I also discovered the tilt back method to reduce the ghosting that accurs.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

bezerker99

I have the 3D slider all the way up to full max...when the lighting allows it. Sometimes, when it's too bright - for instance, when I'm at my office...the flourescent lights above create a mirror surface and I end up seeing edges of my face in the game (annoying). If I turn the 3D off, this goes away (essentiallY).

I suggest you turn the 3D off and Hold "L" while running across Hyrule Field...then move your 3DS around and check out the different angles you can get while Link frantically runs! xD

romulux

after getting used to it a few days i'm now at 100% 3D too. i couldn't stand it at first because of how much focusing you had to do every time you looked at different objects but now it looks so natural i keep forgetting it's even on. the best part is jumping off a really tall height, like gerudo valley, with the slider at max... you can practically feel the G's

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Terave

i play like on 75%, but sometimes on 100%. I want too save up energy, cause I make long sessions.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Link79

At first the 3D was driving me nuts. The map in the lower left corner looks like a double image when focusing on Link.
Then when you focus on the map Link splits in half. It makes you go all cross eyed. Sometimes I just prefer to leave the 3D off. I felt the same way when they first had the Rumble pack on N64. I didn't really need my controller vibrating as I played and I certainly don't need 3D.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

Terave

Sometimes I play too much, and need to close it for a while: Weird feeling..

potomas

I would love to play with 3d 100%,but there is too much ghosting. About a quarter of the way up fixes this and u still get good depth.

Edited on by potomas

3ds friend code/4339-2499-8318

Macaronius

I use 3D when I'm fully awake, without any visual impairments which could impede my 3D viewing abilities, like fatigue.

*Hunt the Hare and turn her down the rocky road
all the way to Dublin, Whack follol de rah!*

Vehemont

I have used the 3D twice. Once when the game started in Kokiri Forest, then in Hyrule Field. I just prefer the better frame rate without the 3D. (Just finished the Fire Temple).

Edited on by Vehemont

Vehemont

Milkman-123

i use the 3d during cut-scenes

3ds friend code: Silas S.-1032-1301-2772
games owned: SSF4-3D Edition
TLOZ:OoT-3D
StarFox64-3D
Tetris:Axis
Facebook: Silas Sherbourne

deviantArt: Milkman12
You Must Die! ಠ︵ಠ凸

Dynetheous

before OoT i had no 3d games, so at first i had the 3d on low, but now that im used to, it i play at full 3d.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

art_kevinc

I use 3D most of the time. Plus I love using the gyroscope.

3DS FC: 0173-1318-0187

Terave

I'm using less 3D actually. I don't know why.

Stereoman

After long terms the depth seems to vanish even when the slider is at max.
So normally i play at half 3D slider up and when those epic cutscenes come i go again to max slider.
That way everything gets to shine perfectly for me
What do u guys think after 2 weeks ocarina of time now ?

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.