Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 5,084

Joeynator3000

@Morpheel: ...But it only happened once and I've been playing all day, lol.
And...yeah we don't know the final stage roster for the Wii U version.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

When my game was being funny about the music, it happened every time I used a item that changed the music of the stage.

Funny, but the game went back to normal after I left it on sleep to eat dinner.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Araquanid

So who is getting the wii u verison as well? I just feel like all the progress I made on the 3ds verison would go to waste if I moved to the wii u. (plus other games of higher priority coming out as well..)

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Araquanid

WEIRD BUG ALERT!

OK.. so I'm getting off of smash for the night, I got to check my friends list to see who's still on, then I press "close" at the home menu to close the game.. when I hit close, it closed the game like normal, but then a message saying "Please wait" appeared and my entire 3ds just reseted.. weird. I don't see any damage done..

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Eel

The game always resets the system after it closes.

The demo did too.

It's because this game takes memory that would normally be reserved for other things (miiverse, Internet), so the system needs to reset to return things to normal.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

CapeSmash

Stomatopod17 wrote:

WEIRD BUG ALERT!

OK.. so I'm getting off of smash for the night, I got to check my friends list to see who's still on, then I press "close" at the home menu to close the game.. when I hit close, it closed the game like normal, but then a message saying "Please wait" appeared and my entire 3ds just reseted.. weird. I don't see any damage done..

That's not a bug, that's normal.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MsJubilee

@Nathan Yeah all the stages hasn't been announced for the Wiiu version,after both games are released then compare the stage selection.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Araquanid

SockoMario wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

WEIRD BUG ALERT!

That's not a bug, that's normal.

Oh... I didn't recall the demo doing this.

My Shinies

IceClimbers

Haven't noticed any music issues. So far I'm loving Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Sonic (and Mega Man, but he was on the demo). Sonic got buffed considerably. Little Mac is a BEAST (especially on Multi-Man Smash - easiest way to get a high Global Smash Power for 100 Man Smash or what not). Haven't tried Robin, Shulk, Greninja, or Rosalina yet. Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr I need to play more of.

Most awesome unlocks for me were Falco falling into the Great Fox's laser and dying, and the KO punch on Duck Hunt. Also unlocked Mr Game & Watch as Pac-Man, which was cool.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Gridatttack

Dont ever try going to the friend list while smash is left suspended. It takes a while to get back to the home screen...

It took like 1 or 2 mins for it to get back.
(tested with the demo)

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

CaPPa

Stomatopod17 wrote:

So who is getting the wii u verison as well? I just feel like all the progress I made on the 3ds verison would go to waste if I moved to the wii u. (plus other games of higher priority coming out as well..)

While a portable Smash is great the Wii U version will be the proper game with its local 4 player, so I'm definitely getting it.

What games are higher priority than Smash Bros this holiday?

CaPPa

FriedSquid

I experienced some music issues with the Golden Hammer too, as well as having no music in the Trophy Gallery. This game isn't broken, but it certainly is glitchy.

Unlocked all characters, so spoilers here!! My new mains are quickly becoming Bowser, Dr. Mario, Little Mac, Duck Hunt, Pac-Man, Yoshi, and Lucina among others. Still haven't tried Bowser Jr., Rosalina, WFT, or Dark Pit, and I need to get the hang of Greninja, Robin, Shulk, and Palutena.

I really like how just about every character has something new about their moveset, makes it feel really fresh. Now I'm playing as characters that I usually never do.

I also don't know how people could take off points for this game just because of Smash Run and the controls. Smash Run is pretty fun, the only downside I see to it is no online. And the controls are perfectly good... I seriously am having no problem. If you had problems with the controls then you should have expected difficulty with the 3DS and focused on the Wii U version.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

e-love

I love playing as Wii Fit Trainer and taunting excessively

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Eel

The newcomers I'm really linking are Pacman, Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager and my Mii (fighter class).

The ones I can't handle very well are Rosalina, Palutena, MegaMan, Robin and Little Mac.

Every other newcomer I haven't tried yet.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

The_Ninja

Morpheel wrote:

The newcomers I'm really linking are Pacman, Duck Hunt, Wii Fight Trainer, Villager and my Mii (fighter class).

The ones I can't handle very well are Rosalina, Palutena, MegaMan, Robin and Little Mac.

Every other newcomer I haven't tried yet.

I still have to unlock Duck Hunt Duo, and hes the one I really want to main. My Swordfighter Mii is just AWESOME. His Side B is great for recoveries, and while his Up-B isnt, wow, is it a powerful move.
ZSS is fun to play as, but not as fun as I thought she would be. The opposite goes for Mac... even though I still don't think I'll main him.
Also, the game looks great with outlines off. Try it.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

DreamyViridi

So far, I'm loving it all! Classic is fun, Trophy Rush is a surprisingly nice gold/time waster; I'm comfortable enough with the characters to be the "Jack-of-all-trades" player I wanted to be like I was in Brawl. I've yet to unlock all of the characters due to time spent in University but I'm OK with all of them so far. DHD (that name still works) was the embodiment of the leaks so I hated him out of spite at first, but a few minutes with him (them) in Training fixed that.

I remember when unlocking characters, I immediately wanted Lucina but kept getting other characters. 1 playthrough of Classic with Luigi, Falco appeared. A few more and got the likes of...

Ness, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, DHD and Wario randomly appeared when I messing around with Mii Fighters.

so I gave up and did 100-Man Smash with Palutena before going to bed... and then she showed up... Are unlocks random? ^^"
Anyway, that got me onto online while I was sleepy. I still won the majority and so far, it's so smooth compared to Brawl's. My first online match had a tiny bit of input lag and my first For Glory had minor (note: minor) showdown. Everything was near-perfect and none of it screwed with how I played.
So yeah, those are my feelings on Smash 4 3DS so far. Oh, and Mii Fighters. They're nice to play around with.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

UGXwolf

I'm maining my Swordfighter Mii, Ganondorf, and Link, ATM, but Pac-man has some really satisfying kills with that side-B and Little Mac is something I almost need to master.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.