Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,941 to 3,960 of 5,084

FriedSquid

@DreamyViridi

The first three, Falco, Ness, and Dark Pit were all in that order for me, too. I can't remember who I got after that, but the ones I got recently from last to first were ROB, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Bowser Jr. and Lucina.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

DreamyViridi

@Squid - Interesting, outside of Vs. Match unlocking; character unlocks seem a bit random after the first 3. Maybe the requirements are set in stone but who you get is a roll of the dice.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

UGXwolf

DreamyViridi wrote:

@Squid - Interesting, outside of Vs. Match unlocking; character unlocks seem a bit random after the first 3. Maybe the requirements are set in stone but who you get is a roll of the dice.

No, the requirements and who you get seem to be pretty solid, from what I can tell. How else would I have gotten Ganondorf on my second Classic playthrough, when that just so happened to be Link that I played with?

Don't forget that if you unlock multiple characters at one time, one will show up at the end of your next VS. match or Classic/All-Star playthrough.

I'd also wager that the more VS. matches required for a character, the higher priority they are in terms of who you'll fight if you unlock multiples at once. This would explain Ganondorf being my second unlock and Falco being the common first, despite Ness actually having the easier unlock condition. (Also my first Classic run was as Little Mac and I SD'd a bit too much. @___@ So I think Ness is this game's Jiggs. You don't have to do all that well, you just have to finish.)

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DreamyViridi

@UGXwolf - Hmm... Well, I'll tell you who I unlocked so far and "how".

1st Classic Mode playthrough with Luigi - Got Falco
2nd Classic Mode with Robin - Got Ness (but I messed up the fight... He appeared again after beating Classic a 4th time)
3rd Classic Mode with Pac-Man - Got Dark Pit
6th Classic Mode with Mario - Got Dr. Mario
7th Classic Mode with Marth - Got Duck Hunt Duo (wat?)
100-Man Smash with Palutena - Got Lucina
After few online matches, random match with Nikki the Mii Gunner - Got Wario

So yeah. Take what you will from that.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

UGXwolf

@DreamyViridi

Falco and Ness seem the same story as ever. I only see someone get Ness first if they died in Classic on their first run or got him via VS. matches.

Also, I just realized that my third playthrough (Marth) actually got me Dark Pit... Weird. I don't know Wario's unlock condition by any stretch because it seems everyone gets him through VS. matches. Dr. Mario is clearly as a result of Mario. Similarly, it's very clearly that Link unlocks Ganondorf, if not any Zelda character. And... maybe using a female fighter unlocks Lucina? I wanna say I first fought her after using Zelda, but I could certainly be wrong. The question then is... what the HECK is Dark Pit's unlock condition? I've heard people say Dark PIt was 4th Classic run and Duck Hunt was 8th, but that can't be right.

The_Ninja

UGXwolf wrote:

@DreamyViridi

Falco and Ness seem the same story as ever. I only see someone get Ness first if they died in Classic on their first run or got him via VS. matches.

Also, I just realized that my third playthrough (Marth) actually got me Dark Pit... Weird. I don't know Wario's unlock condition by any stretch because it seems everyone gets him through VS. matches. Dr. Mario is clearly as a result of Mario. Similarly, it's very clearly that Link unlocks Ganondorf, if not any Zelda character. And... maybe using a female fighter unlocks Lucina? I wanna say I first fought her after using Zelda, but I could certainly be wrong. The question then is... what the HECK is Dark Pit's unlock condition? I've heard people say Dark PIt was 4th Classic run and Duck Hunt was 8th, but that can't be right.

Spoilers ahead.

To unlock Dark Pit play as 3 dif characters in Classic. So thats why you unlocked him instead of Lucina.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

UGXwolf

The_Ninja wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@DreamyViridi

Spoilers ahead.

To unlock Dark Pit play as 3 dif characters in Classic. So thats why you unlocked him instead of Lucina.

Except Lucina didn't come until much, MUCH later. If I'd fulfilled the unlock condition for her, she'd be in waiting. (I actually tested this on Falco after I unlocked Ganondorf.) She wasn't in waiting, as I didn't get her until much later, I don't think.

Faruko

Im really liking Robin , Little Mac needs a buff imo, his recovery sucks... A lot, he is a beast on the ground but awful on air (fair trade, but a lot of this game happens on the air)

Im doing my best to learn Shulk, but my god its complex, making a "bad" change in the wrong situation ita the difference between life and death, but im getting better, im getting around the monado change but its still a little "sub-par", maybe if we can use the d-pad for it, it would be a lot easier

Anyway, if i say that i feel that this Smash is a LOT more balanced than the old ones am i crazy ? The pace is perfect for all the characters and everyone has its pro/con, except little mac but i guess this has more to do with my little time with him, but it does feel like he needs a slight buff on his recovery

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Araquanid

Anybody else getting an error message when searching for games?

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

vonboy89

Stomatopod17 wrote:

Yeah, I'm getting them sometimes too. I'm guessing it's just high traffic or something, because I just wait a few minutes, and it usually works again.

Hey, is there any way to send people PM's on this board? I 've been looking around, and cant find it. Just saying I've added people, and leaving my code in a post, hoping some of them read the message and add me back, seems stupid. :/

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

The_Ninja

vonboy89 wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

Yeah, I'm getting them sometimes too. I'm guessing it's just high traffic or something, because I just wait a few minutes, and it usually works again.

Hey, is there any way to send people PM's on this board? I 've been looking around, and cant find it. Just saying I've added people, and leaving my code in a post, hoping some of them read the message and add me back, seems stupid. :/

Nope, but they really need to add it. You can @ them to notify them though.

The_Ninja

Araquanid

The_Ninja wrote:

vonboy89 wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

Nope, but they really need to add it. You can @ them to notify them though.

^ Just summon them with @vonboy89

When you do that usually that person is emailed the reply saying they were mentioned.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Eel

I have been unlocking my characters pretty much at random. Or at least some of them.

First was Falco after Classic
Then Ness after smash run
Then Wario after 30 smashes
Then Dark Pit in Classic again
Then jigglypuff in classic with bowser (I wanted Bowser Jr)
Lucina after 40 smashes
And lastly DH after Classic again.

Edit: played Classic as Mario this time and I unlocked none other than

Mr Game and Watch

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

The_Ninja

Morpheel wrote:

I have been unlocking my characters pretty much at random. Or at least some of them.

First was Falco after Classic
Then Ness after smash run (or was it all stars?)
Then Wario after 30 smashes
Then Dark Pit in Classic again
Then jigglypuff in classic with bowser (I wanted Bowser Jr)
Lucina after 40 smashes
And lastly DH after Classic again.

Huh.. I unlocked the 4th one on your list using Bowser in classic on 7.0 instead of Jiggs.
Someone needs to buy a PRIMA game guide of this game.

The_Ninja

The_Ninja

@Morpheel

Do you have Dr. Mario yet? Cuz that's who I unlocked after playing trough classic with Mario...

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

Araquanid

The_Ninja wrote:

Huh.. I unlocked the 4th one on your list using Bowser in classic on 7.0 instead of Jiggs.
Someone needs to buy a PRIMA game guide of this game.

Ehem
Shall we?
Falco: Beat Classic mode once or play 20 smash matches
Ness: Beat Classic Mode twice or play 10 smash matches
Dark Pit: Beat Classic mode three times or play 50 smash matches
Lucina: Beat Classic Mode as Marth or play 40 smash matches.
Dr. Mario: Beat Classic Mode as Mario or play 60 smash matches.
Bowser Jr.: Beat Classic Mode as Bowser on 7.0 difficulty or higher or play 100 smash matches.
Wario: Play 30 smash matches.
Duck Hunt: Beat Classic Mode 8 times or play 110 smash matches.
Mr. Game and Watch: Beat Classic Mode 10 times or play 90 smash matches.
Ganondorf: Beat Classic Mode as Link or play 80 smash matches.
ROB: Play 70 smash matches.
Jigglypuff: Play 120 smash matches.

These can be unlocked on any difficulty.

If for example your first run through of classic mode is marth, lucina will have priority to be fought while falco will be unlocked either next smash match or classic mode run through (then ness would be after him, etc etc..)

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

The_Ninja

What if Classic Mode battles add to your VS count too?
That could explain it...

The_Ninja

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.