Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,901 to 3,920 of 5,084

Eel

I actually like Dark Pit better than Pit.

Dunno why, I guess I could control him better.

Also, awww the AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY attack is gone.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JunkosBoobies

Anyone else playing For Glory noticing that matches take a long time to start or won't start at all? Idk if it's my or my opponent's internet, but has anyone else experienced slowness problems?

Edited on by JunkosBoobies

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

DefHalan

My main for Smash 4 is Little Mac right now, HE IS A BEAST

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TeeJay

Morpheel wrote:

I actually like Dark Pit better than Pit.

Dunno why, I guess I could control him better.

Also, awww the AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY attack is gone.

Thank god.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

CapeSmash

Pros: Everything.

Cons: Controls, Smash Run.

This game is fantastic. But, I'm not sure what score I would give it. Probably a 8 or 9.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Eel

I FINALLY unlocked Jigglypuff. I have no idea how though, I thought I was trying to unlock Bowser Jr. but hey, things went better than expected.

It feels much much better than in brawl, and I think it's final smash grows even bigger this time.

Also, rest. Rest has returned to its former glory.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NintendoFan64

So far there really isn't a newcomer I don't like playing as. The only one that I did horrible with was Palutena, and that's about it.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Faruko

Im struggling so hard with Shulk, its hard to change the monado with accuracy i really want to main him, love the "micro" you need with him

Am i the only one ?

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Araquanid

I'd give this game a 7-10.

Reasons for 7..

Well, 3ds controls are the main issue. I'm glad unlike the demo I can switch the grab/evade buttons.. however the circle pad is too.. "flat?" and occasionally a side smash becomes a down smash when you don't want it to.. even characters like marth's side special have a really difficult time preforming.

I feel like there is a lack of balance.. duck hunt was surprisely so far the only new comer that seems balanced or easy to control wereas greninja is very difficult for me to play as (weak smash attacks mostly) and very difficult to beat in battle as an AI (you can never land a hit). Peach is also annoying as ever and it's a shame she wasn't dropped instead of some characters in brawl like lucas who were much more appealing and balanced. (who also wouldn't have been a problem to get banned for glitching players out of online using items) Jigglypuff should've been dropped since melee.. just a stupid pointless character and the main reason I begged for a random character switch option like stages and items.

Anyway..

Speaking of hard to hit in battle.. lucina was rediculously hard to unlock because all she did was down special the counter attack every move I made.. eventually the AI did something stupid and she selfdestructed without me doing anything. Elsewise I believe all the characters are easier to unlock compared to brawl requirement wise. Master hand's.. whatever that's called when the shadow bugs split into swords is rediculously unnessecary.. the first time it took me 5 minutes to land a couple hits as with the controls I can't seem to evade as smoothly and fall prey to repeated attacks. In brawl I could beat the boss battles on intense without taking damage as evade is so smooth.. this was just a disaster.

Lack of adventure mode was a huge downgrade for me.. the subspace whatever in brawl really held interest and gave a decent story.. smash run I was disappointed with because it was somewhat difficult, there wasn't anything addicting about running around hitting enemies with some of them taking forever to die (and others just completely destroyed me and wasted time..) if I wanted to spend time doing that I'd play hyrule warriors on hard mode first.

The online.. well.. it really depends.. I mean I can't stand the lack of control the 3ds circle pad gives like I said.. but those who do have the control, play like they're on brawl with the NGC controller. Seems a bit unfair and unbalanced and I fear when the new 3DS is out with the additional circle pad things will be even worse.. also the majority of players online seem to be playing as the same character. There is atleast a samus in every match I was in, and occasionally mario and other classics.. greninjas and such were overhyped and never ended victorious, the winners always seemed to be the oldies or clones like lucina. Even olimar isn't as good as he was.. his recovery is better but he doesn't seem so easy to play as for some reason. I'm not counting lag since that was an issue in brawl as well.

I do like the new "shop" and "trophy smash" as a method of getting trophies, it's an interesting add on that really helps out. I just wish the shop didn't change tropies each time you exit while putting the ones you already have for sale as well.. even if you only obtained just 10 so far.

Other than some technical issues which really without would probably negate everything else I said.. the game is pretty flawless. Just smash run in general was a fail.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

May_Nyan

I had issues with the music... it first disapeared from trophy room, then in matches, then it disapeared from the whole game including menu and sound test until I reset the game.
Also, I don't know if master core is supposed to have music because it's been silent every time I fought it.
edit: Apparently the sphere form is silent, but the whole battle was silent for me every time
D=

Edited on by May_Nyan

May_Nyan

Eel

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having musical issues.

I guess there's little to do about it, other than restarting the game.

Anyway, Lucina (my most recent unlock) was easy to unlock with jigglypuff. Peach is also much better than her Brawl nerf-riddled self, glad to have her back.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

concerndoge

Please add me. My FC is 2380-5008-7036.
I will add the FC's of everyone who posted in the last several pages.

edit: Actually I only added ppl on this page. That took awhile.

Edited on by concerndoge

SSB 3DS: 2380-5008-7036

Ufaowl

@Stomatopod17
Thank you for the review! It helped me decide not to take the game. Controls are crucial for me.

Ufaowl

3DS Friend Code: 2895-8740-3220

Araquanid

Ufaowl wrote:

@Stomatopod17
Thank you for the review! It helped me decide not to take the game. Controls are crucial for me.

I never said not to get the game. The wii u verison will probably be better control wise if you're refering to which verison you're deciding to get, but I'm just saying the circle pad itself is a little trickier to use.

In other words it's harder to do marth's side special.. pikachu's recovery/final smash, etc etc with the same accuracy as the previous installments, this can just be annoying for some who relied on the NGC controller with melee and brawl as it's not as smooth and accurate.

Personally I can't see myself buying both verisons.. I already have one of the games, I got more games coming out soon on my wish list, unless you somehow can share data with the wii u verison I can't picture myself going through the trophy collecting again, etc. Just isn't priority when it comes out for me.. and this is the biggest issue I seen with releasing both verisons seperately.

It's by all means a good game. Just as a veteran smash player it's a bit weird to play.. just never try playing with one hand like I used to on brawl to say the least.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Anyone ran into a small bug with the Hammer/Golden Hammer that caused the music to stop playing for the rest of the battle?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Nathan

It looks like the 3DS version has more stages than the WiiU one. Pretty poor going for the WiiU.

Brawl friend code: 1418-8149-4165

MsJubilee

@Nathan More stages than the Wiiu version? Any proof of that?

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TeeJay

Nathan wrote:

It looks like the 3DS version has more stages than the WiiU one. Pretty poor going for the WiiU.

What are you talking about? We know almost nothing about the Wii U version.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eel

I just love how DH's smashes all involve the dog freaking out because the gun is shooting too close to them.

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Anyone ran into a small bug with the Hammer/Golden Hammer that caused the music to stop playing for the rest of the battle?

I noticed that happens when the game gets "tired".

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.