Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,161 to 3,180 of 5,084

Undead_terror

Man, it's a demo yet people got like 10 times the coins I got, just hopefully no one will be bored of the game once it comes out!.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Nintendo_Ninja

Nintendo used first party GOTY contender! Critical hit! Super effective! Nintendo beat doomsday naysayers! Got $$$$$ for it.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

FriedSquid

@Tasuki just a suggestion that the 3DS controls might not give you the best introduction to the series. It takes some getting used to, and I've found in that the Circle Pad is sometimes too sensitive as it is difficult to execute tilted A attacks quickly without using a smash instead. Basically, you might want to give the Wii U version a shot, I think you will get a much better control scheme with that, especially with a GameCube controller. But the 3DS version is still good, so it's your call!

So far I have 9,767 Coins in the demo, hopefully I can get a lot more by the full release... Maybe I'm playing this too much.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

LordSpade

NintyMan wrote:

The reason why getting coins is so easy is likely because of the huge amount of trophies to collect, 686 I think it is or something close to that.

I'm surprised that the 3ds version can handle 680+ models, I still remember when Sakurai said that the new smash would have less characters that brawl because the 3ds didn't had enough memory, yet here we are, with 49 characters and 686 trophies.

LordSpade

Nintendo6400

Well the trophies don't animate and there not as detailed as the playable characters.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

yodamerlin

LordSpade wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

The reason why getting coins is so easy is likely because of the huge amount of trophies to collect, 686 I think it is or something close to that.

I'm surprised that the 3ds version can handle 680+ models, I still remember when Sakurai said that the new smash would have less characters that brawl because the 3ds didn't had enough memory, yet here we are, with 49 characters and 686 trophies.

And still no Isaac.

yodamerlin

Tasuki

Squid wrote:

@Tasuki just a suggestion that the 3DS controls might not give you the best introduction to the series. It takes some getting used to, and I've found in that the Circle Pad is sometimes too sensitive as it is difficult to execute tilted A attacks quickly without using a smash instead. Basically, you might want to give the Wii U version a shot, I think you will get a much better control scheme with that, especially with a GameCube controller. But the 3DS version is still good, so it's your call!

So far I have 9,767 Coins in the demo, hopefully I can get a lot more by the full release... Maybe I'm playing this too much.

Thanks for the tip. I planned on getting both versions anyway and have my Wavebird controllers ready for that occasion . I head that the GC controllers are the best option to play but I want to try all the controllers and see which one works best for me.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

TeeJay

LordSpade wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

I remember Nintendo saying they couldn't put orchestral music in OoT 3D because of memory. Look how far we have come!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

retropunky

Uggh just three more days for the flippin demo...

If it's as good as people have been saying, I might just buy the game to fill the gap until the Wii U version comes out.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

LordSpade

I'm sorry if somebody has already made this suggestion, but I think it would be cool if the stage builder (assuming it would come back as an update in the 3ds version, as dlc, or even in the wii u) had more features, like using mp3 files of your sd card for custom music, using pictures also from the sd card for backgrounds (or even textures) and the ability to share your stages online, I personally think that the stage builder was an awesome idea, but it wasn't executed properly, or if the 3ds (or wii u) can't handle that, (Which I highly doubt) at least we could have more that three backgrounds.

Edited on by LordSpade

LordSpade

retropunky

LordSpade wrote:

I'm sorry if somebody has already made this suggestion, but I think it would be cool if the stage builder (assuming it would come back in the wii u version) had more features, like using mp3 files of your sd card for custom music, using pictures also from the sd card for backgrounds (or even textures) and the ability to share your stages online, I personally think that the stage builder was an awesome idea, but it wasn't executed properly, or if the wii u can't handle that, (Which I highly doubt) at least we could have more that three backgrounds.

As much as that would be great to have, I don't think all those features would be added. But I do hope an improved stage builder comes back for the Wii U version.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

TuVictus

The stage builder was very bare bones in Brawl. so there's tons of room for improvement. Hopefully the wii u version of the game has one

TuVictus

MegaStoneSmash91

I have 15,235 gold and counting in the demo, and I'm glad to know that it transfers over to the full game.

The Stage Builder will be back in the Wii U version, as I can't see a reason to get rid of it. It does need some improvements, like a better selection of parts, more sizing options, and more backgrounds. It was pretty basic in Brawl which made it difficult to really make your ideas work. It would be nice if the Gamepad was used to place/edit pieces with it's touchscreen. Something else I'd love to see is the ability to "draw" platforms with the stylus on the Gamepad so you could make them look however you want, within reason of course. The Stage Builder, along with Event Matches and other missing stuff in the 3DS version, is most likely in the Wii U version.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

DreamyViridi

Got a real chuckle out of this. XD
Watch out, it features every playable character in the game if you don't know them all yet.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

FriedSquid

Unless the extra memory on the 3DS version is for the stage builder (which if that were the case, then why wouldn't Sakurai say anything about it?) I don't think we'll be seeing it on the 3DS version.

It makes a lot more sense to put it on the Wii U version since it could hold the memory for it, and it would be able to properly integrate Miiverse with it unlike the 3DS, plus the Touchpad would be nice for creating stages.

On top of that, all music will be in the Wii U version, so stages probably won't be transferrable between the two since the 3DS has limited music and wouldn't be able to hold the extra files.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

TeeJay

NintyMan wrote:

According to Sakurai, the Ice Climbers were playable on the Wii U version but not the 3DS because the 3DS version lacked required hardware power. Ice Climber is also not likely to get a sequel anytime soon, so they weren't as much of a priority.

Also, the trophy descriptions in the 3DS and Wii U version are written by Akhiro Toda- who is most known for the dialogue in the Mother series.

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-addresses-ice-climbers-...

Damnit, I knew SOMEONE would beat me to posting about it.

So yeah. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. I really thought the 3DS could handle them. I guess that isn't the case. I wonder how Rosalina and Luma were able to be in then.

Edited on by LzWinky

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Action4jackson

Undead_terror wrote:

Man, it's a demo yet people got like 10 times the coins I got, just hopefully no one will be bored of the game once it comes out!.

Trust me if I can still play brawl to this very day im pretty sure i cant get bored of this game

fc: 2148-8408-0661 ID:gamer 4047 Get ready to smash

3DS Friend Code: 2148-8408-0661 | Nintendo Network ID: gamer4047

Shirma_Akayaku

NintyMan wrote:

According to Sakurai, the Ice Climbers were playable on the Wii U version but not the 3DS because the 3DS version lacked required hardware power. Ice Climber is also not likely to get a sequel anytime soon, so they weren't as much of a priority.

Also, the trophy descriptions in the 3DS and Wii U version are written by Akhiro Toda- who is most known for the dialogue in the Mother series.

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-addresses-ice-climbers-...

This supports my statement about Luma being less of a character and more of an extension of Rosalina. Luma's AI is waaaay more simplified than Nana's. All Luma does on its own is move and jump, while Nana does everything that a character can possibly do. Since Nana is treated as an entire character that switches between manual and automatic, it's not hard to see why it wouldn't work on the 3DS. This shows that 5 characters or more going at 60 FPS is too much for the 3DS to handle.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.