Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,141 to 3,160 of 5,084

NintendoFan64

SockoMario wrote:

My favorite Smash 4 character.

Untitled

We will teach the haters to fear the good doctor!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Nintendo_Ninja

If the 3ds version sold this well, the Wii U version is selling 2 million first month. Calling it right now so I can rub it in the doom naysayers faces.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

GamecubeMan

SockoMario wrote:

I've officially given up on the Wii U version. If Sakurai doesn't care about it anymore, then why should I?

Untitled
Untitled

Uh you know that question you asked yourself right after everyone flamed you? I thought you learned from your mistake... :/

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Kewlan

Smash 3DS has sold over ONE million copies in Japan, in only two days!!
Untitled
Source

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

C-Olimar

Jazzer94 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

@MegaStoneSmash91 - I heard that has something to do with using extra RAM or something. Is that true?

Pretty much, it uses the RAM reserved for applications like the camera and web browser.

That's a great idea on Sakurai's part but imagine...
What if Resi: Revelations did the same thing O.o

C-Olimar

TuVictus

C-Olimar wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

@MegaStoneSmash91 - I heard that has something to do with using extra RAM or something. Is that true?

Pretty much, it uses the RAM reserved for applications like the camera and web browser.

I don't think so, I believe that you can use the browser or miiverse while resident evil is being played. Which leads me to believe it wasn't even pushing the 3DS to its full limits like smash. I wonder just how good looking games can be if they did

EDIT : Oh wait you were wondering what if. Haha my bad. Yeah it's really interesting, I wonder if developers will try to do the same going forward. It will suck not being able to share screenshots though

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

The_Ninja

Operative wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

I don't think so, I believe that you can use the browser or miiverse while resident evil is being played. Which leads me to believe it wasn't even pushing the 3DS to its full limits like smash. I wonder just how good looking games can be if they did

EDIT : Oh wait you were wondering what if. Haha my bad. Yeah it's really interesting, I wonder if developers will try to do the same going forward. It will suck not being able to share screenshots though

It's been confirmed. You can share them from SD Card (not on miiverse though)

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Tasuki

Ok noob alert. I managed to get a demo code last night and decided to check it out and first off I have to ask....

What the heck am I doing???

The only Smash Bros game I played was the original one on N64 and that was waaaay back when it first came out which was only a two day rental from Blockbuster. Am I suppose to knock the opponent off the platforms? What are these items that keep dropping? Can I do special moves like other fighting games like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat? Is there someplace a noob like me to the series can look up to learn more on the basics.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Captain_Toad

Tasuki wrote:

Ok noob alert. I managed to get a demo code last night and decided to check it out and first off I have to ask....

The only Smash Bros game I played was the original one on N64 and that was waaaay back when it first came out which was only a two day rental from Blockbuster. Am I suppose to knock the opponent off the platforms? What are these items that keep dropping? Can I do special moves like other fighting games like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat? Is there someplace a noob like me to the series can look up to learn more on the basics.

Yes.
Use em to your advantage. Pick 'em up and/or throw em by pressing the A button. Looking up on what the items do helps.
Yes but you press the B button w/o conjuction with the control stick to do stuff.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Undead_terror

Tasuki wrote:

If you start up the demo just wait, a tutorial video will start, and you can change characters colors and you can press X on the stage select to play on a different version of the stage.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Jazzer94

Tasuki wrote:

@Tasuki
-You can turn off items by pressing X.
-The objective is to knock other fighters into the blast zones (up, down, left and right).
-Special attacks are trigged by B alone or with a direction.

• Watch the film at the start by waiting for a couple of seconds at the start screen.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Tasuki

OK cool thanks guys. Looking forward to seeing why this series is held in such high regard.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

LordSpade

So, playing the demo, I have noticed that you get buttloads of coins, in melee, you get like 5 cents for winning, and here, you get 36 coins from losing , and the worst part is that you cannot use the coins in the demo, so I see no point in having them in the first place, can you transfer your coins from the demo to the full version?

Edited on by LordSpade

LordSpade

Jazzer94

Tasuki wrote:

OK cool thanks guys. Looking forward to seeing why this series is held in such high regard.

Pressing X on the stage select screen but that also removes the three platforms.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Shirma_Akayaku

LordSpade wrote:

can you transfer your coins from the demo to the full version?

Yes. The coins are saved, as well as the alternate colors you picked for your character are transferred too.

Okay, so I heard Rosalina's Gravitational Pull can cancel out Mega Man's Final Smash and if you're close enough, it can affect him. Is this true? Some people on Smashboards say this is true. EDIT: Apparently someone didn't use the correct terms addressing Final Smash and Forward Smash, resulting in confusion. So they were talking about Mega Man's Forward Smash, which Rosalina can obviously extinguish because it's a projectile.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

LordSpade

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

Yes. The coins are saved, as well as the alternate colors you picked for your character are transferred too.

Cool! Thanks for answering my question ^.^

Getting used to the control scheme on the 3ds is pretty hard, specially for jumping, at first i thought jumping with the circle pad would be easier, but I cannot short-hop very well that way.

Edited on by LordSpade

LordSpade

Undead_terror

It will be a lot easier to get coins in the full version, but the demo is just to make some coins so you got some coins to use at the start of the full game.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

CapeSmash

I have 15,000+ coins. Trying to get 20,000 for Pac-Man (even though the rumor is false).

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

TeeJay

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

It will be a lot easier to get coins in the full version, but the demo is just to make some coins so you got some coins to use at the start of the full game.

Wait you can collect coins in the smash bro 3ds demo? Cool... How? Half looking forward to this being released but dredding halfing to call GS to look for cartridge... Not even bothering with Wal-Mart anymore... Went in to buy Cooking Mama 5 - 3DS today & to make a long story short the sales clerk in wal-mart was so rude I ended up going over to Giant Eagle & buying $20 e-shop card & downloaded the game...

People wonder why people are downloading more games as opposed to dealing with actual stores these day's... Jee i wonder..

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

You don't do anything special to get them: you're just rewarded with about 30-40 coins or so with every battle you finish.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.