Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,181 to 3,200 of 5,084

Action4jackson

TeeJay wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

According to Sakurai, the Ice Climbers were playable on the Wii U version but not the 3DS because the 3DS version lacked required hardware power. Ice Climber is also not likely to get a sequel anytime soon, so they weren't as much of a priority.

Also, the trophy descriptions in the 3DS and Wii U version are written by Akhiro Toda- who is most known for the dialogue in the Mother series.

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-addresses-ice-climbers-...

God damnit, I knew SOMEONE would beat me to posting about it.

So yeah. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. I really thought the 3DS could handle them. I guess that isn't the case. I wonder how Rosalina and Luma were able to be in then.

Same with olimar and the pikmin

fc: 2148-8408-0661 ID:gamer 4047 Get ready to smash

3DS Friend Code: 2148-8408-0661 | Nintendo Network ID: gamer4047

Action4jackson

Please correct me if im wrong but in the 3ds version doesn't olimar/alph have 3 pikmin jumping and running with with them

Edited on by Action4jackson

Action4jackson

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

I have 15,235 gold and counting in the demo, and I'm glad to know that it transfers over to the full game.

The Stage Builder will be back in the Wii U version, as I can't see a reason to get rid of it. It does need some improvements, like a better selection of parts, more sizing options, and more backgrounds. It was pretty basic in Brawl which made it difficult to really make your ideas work. It would be nice if the Gamepad was used to place/edit pieces with it's touchscreen. Something else I'd love to see is the ability to "draw" platforms with the stylus on the Gamepad so you could make them look however you want, within reason of course. The Stage Builder, along with Event Matches and other missing stuff in the 3DS version, is most likely in the Wii U version.

Does it transfer for those who are getting only 30 trials?

TeeJay

Action4jackson wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

According to Sakurai, the Ice Climbers were playable on the Wii U version but not the 3DS because the 3DS version lacked required hardware power. Ice Climber is also not likely to get a sequel anytime soon, so they weren't as much of a priority.

Also, the trophy descriptions in the 3DS and Wii U version are written by Akhiro Toda- who is most known for the dialogue in the Mother series.

Damnit, I knew SOMEONE would beat me to posting about it.

So yeah. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. I really thought the 3DS could handle them. I guess that isn't the case. I wonder how Rosalina and Luma were able to be in then.

About them...seems to me like the Pikmin themselves run at 30fps. Could be wrong though, this is just based one Youtube videos and you know how the compression is with those.

Edited on by LzWinky

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TuVictus

I think this pretty much confirms whatever AI Ice climbers used was more sophisticated than whatever is used for Pikmin/Rosalina. It must be frustrating for IC fans to know the Wii U won't get them just because the 3DS can't. The identical roster thing was annoying when he announced it

TuVictus

NintendoFan64

DreamyViridi wrote:

Got a real chuckle out of this. XD
Watch out, it features every playable character in the game if you don't know them all yet.

Okay, the Wii Fit Trainer's is hands down my favorite! XD

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Whydoievenbother

My Favorite character in SSB4:

Untitled

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

There is a new problem in japan. Remember how peach would be kicked off online play for using her down special? well, diddy kong has the same problem. only with banana peels instead of turnips.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Shirma_Akayaku

TeeJay wrote:

Action4jackson wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Damnit, I knew SOMEONE would beat me to posting about it.

About them...seems to me like the Pikmin themselves run at 30fps. Could be wrong though, this is just based one Youtube videos and you know how the compression is with those.

Yep. The Pikmin run at 30 FPS. That's why they look 2-Dimensional.

Edited on by LzWinky

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Pokefanmum82

I finally figured out the controls and won two out of three matches. I love this game. This is the first time I have played this series. Hence why I am so excited about this lol.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Shirma_Akayaku

MrMario02 wrote:

There is a new problem in japan. Remember how peach would be kicked off online play for using her down special? well, diddy kong has the same problem. only with banana peels instead of turnips.

Where did you here this? You think it'll happen with other characters that have items?

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Tasuki

Ok so I actually got to play a bit today and now that I have an idea what I am doing I have to say I am really enjoying this game. I have won the last 6 out of 7 matches and I have been using Mega Man. Still not quite sure what button does what so its more of me just mashing buttons at this point lol. Also not sure what each item does but that's ok I can learn.

I can see where this game will be fun with more players.

Looking forward to this one and the Wii U version indeed.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

LzWinky

Oh hey, if that column is true, then the DLC leak is debunked.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tasuki

SuperMalleo wrote:

Can anybody tell me what's the best place to get Smash Bros. 3DS on launch day? I'll try to be there when the store opens.

Your best bet then is probably to put a preorder in at somewhere like Gamestop.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

TuVictus

WaLzgi wrote:

Technically the "DLC leak" never said Ice Climbers would be back, just Ridley, Mewtwo, Wolf (I think?), and Dixie.

TuVictus

TeeJay

SuperMalleo wrote:

Can anybody tell me what's the best place to get Smash Bros. 3DS on launch day? I'll try to be there when the store opens.

eShop 4 lief

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LzWinky

Operative wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Technically the "DLC leak" never said Ice Climbers would be back, just Ridley, Mewtwo, Wolf (I think?), and Dixie.

Technically it wasn't much of a leak since it's not really much more than a random post

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TuVictus

WaLzgi wrote:

Operative wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Technically it wasn't much of a leak since it's not really much more than a random post

But you seem to treat it as one if you keep trying to "debunk" it. But yeah, not a leak, just words

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Justlink

I have a cousin whos aunts uncles brothers grandsons dogs owner works at Nintendo and i was told Ice Climbers will be released as free DLC to celebrate New Years!

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

LzWinky

Operative wrote:

But you seem to treat it as one if you keep trying to "debunk" it. But yeah, not a leak, just words

Because on the internet, anything is a leak. Like how I was told by a trusted source that Sakurai hates all your favorite characters and he wants you to cry about it. He's laughing as we speak!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.