Forums

Topic: StreetPass Relay hits?

Posts 161 to 180 of 187

Windy

I stopped at Mickey D's by my house this week and BAM! 8 streetpass hits while waiting at the drive through for wrap sandwich

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

hexdef6

Ok home depot has actually 12 relays per store that is why there is so many hits also ROSS dress for less normally has 2 on average.

hexdef6

gammonstark

iphys wrote:

You can only tag a specific MAC address once every 8 hours, but usually each relay should have a unique MAC address.

I thought so, but I did not seem to have any luck.

Things were different today. I tagged SBUX A on my way to work at 820ish am. While eating an early dinner on the patio by SBUX A, I got new tags at 350ishpm. So the 8 hours seems to be an average, not a solid/exact 8 hours. Which seems weird for a computer. Perhaps, it looks at the hour as one block instead of looking at the minutes. Anyway, I hit SBUX B on the way home and got tags. So the MAC addresses definitely are different.

I wonder if places purposely delay how fast the tags show up. That way you have to actually spend time in the establishment and perhaps by something. Or... hehe, can the range be set so low that you actually have to be at the counter to get the tags? I swear one particular SBUX only gives me tags after I stand at the register.

gammonstark

gammonstark

hexdef6 wrote:

Ok home depot has actually 12 relays per store that is why there is so many hits also ROSS dress for less normally has 2 on average.

Just to clarify, Home Depot has 12 relay points? So I can get up to 6 times 12 tags? Or do you mean I can get up to 12 tags because of the two relay points?

I really want to know. If there are 12 relay points, then I would spend a day in Home Depot just playing my 3DS in different corners of the store.

gammonstark

Dizzy_Boy

Wow, did really well today, I managed 50 hits in my local town center. The 6 mii relay is well in swing now.
Also, one of those was a special mii, I got Aonuma san.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Home Depot........the one stop shop for 10 streetpasses. I'm loving the multiple relays in there. I do drive bys 2 times a week lol!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

PinkSpider

In the last couple of weeks I have been going into mcdonalds every morning I get 7 street passes a day something's 14 if I go after work
I don't buy anything so probably looks odd lol but now I have all the puzzle pieces
Happy days

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

GuSolarFlare

now I've got a new SD card and updated Mii plaza I'll finally see(today) the effects of the relay hits!(hope I get at least 2-3 streetpasses)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Spoony_Tech

PinkSpider wrote:

In the last couple of weeks I have been going into mcdonalds every morning I get 7 street passes a day something's 14 if I go after work
I don't buy anything so probably looks odd lol but now I have all the puzzle pieces
Happy days

Don't worry you're not the only one. Lately I've been so obsessed with them that I just sit in the parking lot till I see the grren light. Most of the time it happens within 3 mins but if 5 mins pass I leave. Still Home Depot here in NA is the best place. The other day I got 15 just from there!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Klimbatize

There's a video on the eShop today talking about how next weekend (Dec 14-15) is National Streetpass Weekend. Nintendo will "mix up" the Nintendo zones so you can streetpass people from other parts of North America during those two days. Sounds kind of cool.

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice the article on the front page that talks about this.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

hexdef6

gammonstark wrote:

hexdef6 wrote:

Just to clarify, Home Depot has 12 relay points? So I can get up to 6 times 12 tags? Or do you mean I can get up to 12 tags because of the two relay points?
I really want to know. If there are 12 relay points, then I would spend a day in Home Depot just playing my 3DS in different corners of the store.

12 AP relaying each one with a different MAC address so as long as you Cleared your list you can get roughly 6*4 hits if you snag all 4 corners of the store (because relay points overlap) if you have an android phone my favorite thing to do is download an app called AP scanner and see how many actual relays are in an area.

hexdef6

Mk_II

Nintendo of Europe has already been mixing up the relay hits but I'd rather they didn't. i was very proud of the few international hits i had but now it doesn't really mean anything anymore. But i'm VERY happy with the six hits maximum, it really makes a lot of difference

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Spoony_Tech

Mk_II wrote:

Nintendo of Europe has already been mixing up the relay hits but I'd rather they didn't. i was very proud of the few international hits i had but now it doesn't really mean anything anymore. But i'm VERY happy with the six hits maximum, it really makes a lot of difference

The problem I have with it is all I'm going to get now might be level 1 Mii players. I was really starting to build up level 3 on upeven had some at level 13 not that that matters though!

MERG said:

Jazzer94

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Mk_II wrote:

The problem I have with it is all I'm going to get now might be level 1 Mii players. I was really starting to build up level 3 on upeven had some at level 13 not that that matters though!

You can't get level 13 Miis unless you're talking about team levels.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Jazzer94

Mk_II wrote:

Yeah I noticed that started after the 6 streetpass update now I'm getting 25 plus streetpasses a day from commuting.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Jayruta

Hey guys,
Long time guest lurker to site and I had a question. My wife recently picked up the new zelda 3dsxl and gave me her old 3dsxl and we go to random relay points around our area and she consistently gets 6 streetpasses from relays and my unit only gets 3.... is there something I need to do to get my new old 3ds to relay for 6? The system is up to date. Kinda get bummed Im only getting 3.

Jayruta

shaneoh

Bought a wireless modem specifically for setting up as a home street pass relay. Now getting a guaranteed 6 a day. Going to muck around a bit more and see if I can get more hits.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

bezerker99

Klimbatize wrote:

There's a video on the eShop today talking about how next weekend (Dec 14-15) is National Streetpass Weekend. Nintendo will "mix up" the Nintendo zones so you can streetpass people from other parts of North America during those two days. Sounds kind of cool.

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice the article on the front page that talks about this.

Good idea. I'm over streetpassing the same 6 people who never have any new puzzle pieces. >:[

Hale-Bopp

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Home Depot........the one stop shop for 10 streetpasses. I'm loving the multiple relays in there. I do drive bys 2 times a week lol!

I had no idea this was a thing until I came home yesterday from a trip there and had 10 streetpasses myself. I was like, whaaaaat? Pretty happy about that, though I can't say I shop there that often.

NNID: Hale-XF11

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.