Forums

Topic: StreetPass Relay hits?

Posts 181 to 187 of 187

iphys

Jayruta wrote:

Hey guys,
Long time guest lurker to site and I had a question. My wife recently picked up the new zelda 3dsxl and gave me her old 3dsxl and we go to random relay points around our area and she consistently gets 6 streetpasses from relays and my unit only gets 3.... is there something I need to do to get my new old 3ds to relay for 6? The system is up to date. Kinda get bummed Im only getting 3.

No idea why, but my main system can get 6 tags from the relays, while my others are always capped at 3. They're all up to date. At first I thought it was because I didn't buy the streetpass DLC games on my other systems, but I've been told that has nothing to do with it.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

bezerker99

Ah, and now I can just drive by the nursery outside The Home Depot and get street pass hits. Its nice to not have to go inside.....would be nicer to get actual animal crossing new leaf street pass hits.

Spoony_Tech

bezerker99 wrote:

Ah, and now I can just drive by the nursery outside The Home Depot and get street pass hits. Its nice to not have to go inside.....would be nicer to get actual animal crossing new leaf street pass hits.

Really?? I've had no less the 50-100 Animal Crossing hits.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

chris78cpr

I was walking around Tokyo a few weeks back and over the space of the day i registered over 100 streetpass hits. Not sure if it's the relay or just that everyone has a 3DS there but it sure helped get me some puzzle pieces!!

Chris

3DS friend code - 2852-6913-8578
PSN - chris78cpr

Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

chris78cpr wrote:

I was walking around Tokyo a few weeks back and over the space of the day i registered over 100 streetpass hits. Not sure if it's the relay or just that everyone has a 3DS there but it sure helped get me some puzzle pieces!!

I don't think Japan has relays or even needs them. A good percentage of the population has at least one.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Windy

Street Pass still stinks! Why not just take that effort and program online experiences which people can play with people they know instead of strangers. I still don't get Nintendo who continues to do online the wrong way. Street pass promotes strangers play and having to go out to a local business of some kind to achieve street passes. If you get one street pass from just walking down the street is a miracle. Oh if you worked at Nintendo Headquarters you would get a bunch of street passes. That's probably why Nintendo thinks street pass is this huge success. It stinks and always will stink unless you make an effort to make it work and head to McDonalds or some place that has att WiFi. I got all caught up in it a year ago but now I don't even give it a thought. I would like to play those games I downloaded which require street pass but I'm not willing to put that kind of effort in anymore to make it work. Seriously hooking up with strangers instead of friends come on man! I also had 10 real life friends who I talked to a lot using Swapnote and they scrap that for a clunky and slow MiiVerse app which again strangers see everything you post. Sometimes you want to just have a conversation with a friend that whole world doesn't have to read. I'm not talking about bad things either which is what Nintendo dropped swapnote for or claims the reason swapnote was scrapped.

Edited on by Windy

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

iphys

@Jayruta and anyone else having the problem of only getting 3 tags from the relays: set up streetpass for an additional title (3DS Sound or Rusty's Real Deal Baseball if you haven't bought any other streetpass games). There seems to be a glitch with the relays with whatever the last title is that you set up for streetpass, such that you only get 3 instead of 6 tags for the plaza or 0 instead of 1 tag for other streetpass titles, so basically whatever title you don't care about getting tags from the relays for should be the one you set up last.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.