Forums

Topic: Nintendo 2DS???

Posts 121 to 140 of 284

GuSolarFlare

Gioku wrote:

And I really think that, over everything else, the worst part about it is the placement of the shoulder buttons; or really, just the buttons in general. There are games (KI:U) that require use of the touchscreen and the L/R buttons at the same time - that really wouldn't work very well with this setup. If they dropped them onto the back, a la the WiiU gamepad, its main issue would be removed. But as it stands, it seems like a bad design choice to move the touchscreen so far from the buttons.

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^
as I've been saying for a good while

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

LordJumpMad

I'll wait for the 1DS
Untitled

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

LordJumpMad wrote:

I'll wait for the 1DS
Untitled

Untitled

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

I-U

The more I see the 2DS, the more I want a 2DS. I'm actually wondering why Nintendo didn't go this route as their next gen. handheld rather than the 3DS design. Overall, it looks like a fresh system. I also got to say that I love those shoulder buttons. I've been wanting very durable looking shoulder buttons for years on a Nintendo handheld, and the 2DS looks to deliver.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Banker-Style

The Brick ds looks utter rubbish,not for me.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Happy_Mask

I love the appearance, but the lack of real portability annoys me. Loving the appearance, but it won't work with pockets.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Undead_terror

I think it's alright, they save money while you save money, it's not a book design so you have the classic handheld feel, now I just want it done in a game boy design like this

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

I-U

When did portable become about how a system fits in a pocket? Unless you don't have hands, it shouldn't be an issue. Just carry the system.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

GuSolarFlare

Chris720 wrote:

No matter what way you look at it... it got hit by the ugly tree to death.

my Backloggery

Electricmastro

Tell me something. WHY does the 2DS exist that the 3DS couldn't already do!

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Tasuki

Honestly if they had this choice along with the 3DS when I bought mine I probably would have bought the 2DS over the 3DS since I never play my games with the 3D on.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Eel

Electricmastro wrote:

I think several have said it before but...

Nothing, that's absolutely not the reason they made it.

It won't replace the 3DS, it won't become the "main design", it wasn't made with you in mind.

It's a cheaper, sturdier, "safer" and more toy-like version of the console you already own.

It was made to generate money from the parents of young kids during the holiday season. Not to replace every other 3DS out there.

That's also the reason it doesn't feature a single larger screen, a second analog or other things. It's not an upgrade nor a better newer console.
It's just another 3DS. A starter 3DS at that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GuSolarFlare

Electricmastro wrote:

I think it's cheap price and sore hand after playing KI:U in it....

my Backloggery

Electricmastro

Is Nintendo trying to tell us that the 3DS isn't for kids and not enough parents are able to be aware of the parental controls?

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

GuSolarFlare

Electricmastro wrote:

Is Nintendo trying to tell us that the 3DS isn't for kids and not enough parents are able to be aware of the parental controls?

That's pretty much it!

my Backloggery

Electricmastro

Morphtorok wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

I think several have said it before but...

Nothing, that's absolutely not the reason they made it.

It won't replace the 3DS, it won't become the "main design", it wasn't made with you in mind.

It's a cheaper, sturdier, "safer" and more toy-like version of the console you already own.

It was made to generate money from the parents of young kids during the holiday season. Not to replace every other 3DS out there.

That's also the reason it doesn't feature a single larger screen, a second analog or other things. It's not an upgrade nor a better newer console.
It's just another 3DS. A starter 3DS at that.

So if it's "meant for young kids" (as if the 3DS wasn't made for kids already) and is intended to be more toy-like as a "starter 3DS", then wouldn't it be better for it to have the close feature so the screens won't get scratched?

Klimbatize

Electricmastro wrote:

So if it's "meant for young kids" (as if the 3DS wasn't made for kids already) and is intended to be more toy-like as a "starter 3DS", then wouldn't it be better for it to have the close feature so the screens won't get scratched?

LOL. You're funny.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.