Forums

Topic: Nintendo 2DS???

Posts 141 to 160 of 284

sugarpixel

Also, if you have this version, won't everything be a walking advertisement for 3D? All the games with '3D' in the title, games with 3D icons on the screen, games reminding you about the 3D slider... It's all kinda weird...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

Gioku wrote:

Also, if you have this version, won't everything be a walking advertisement for 3D? All the games with '3D' in the title, games with 3D icons on the screen, games reminding you about the 3D slider... It's all kinda weird...

like when DSlite came out and all older games had a "turn-off backlight" button that would make the screen go black completely because turning the backlight off was a first DS exclusive feature.
or when GBA micro came out and the DS could play GBA and had large GBA ports that screamed "you don't need GBA I can play it too".
or even DSi that had almost no games and even games optimized to it had only DS slapped over it instead of DSi?(not counting DSi Ware)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

I-U

Gioku wrote:

Are you suggesting that people aren't aware of the 3DS's features? I think if consumers were to choose a 2DS over a 3DS they would know what they're giving up...or at least I really really hope so.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Ralizah

The tweets from the Kaz Hirai parody account on this are hilarious:

"Nintendo announces the Nintendo 1Ds: an entry level console that only plays One Direction related video games"

"The Nintendo 2DS is perfect for people who found both opening the 3DS and turning off the 3D too difficult"

"I’m suing Nintendo. Making a 2D handheld that nobody wants is an idea they stole from the PS Vita"

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

moomoo

Kaz's comments are wonderful. I love stuff like that.

Also, quick question: how would first person shooters work on this?

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

RR529

This... came out of nowhere.

However, I understand it's not here to replace the 3DS, and will be a better option for kids (no 3D, more durable, cheaper).

Hope the name doesn't confuse the mass market, though (the same group of people whom this is targeted at), especially considering the DS still has relevant shelf space dedicated to it at pretty much every major retailer.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

GuSolarFlare

Ralizah wrote:

"I’m suing Nintendo. Making a 2D handheld that nobody wants is an idea they stole from the PS Vita"

you've just won this thread!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

NinChocolate

If they gave the 3DS XL a similar uni-body redesign I'd love that.

NinChocolate

Electricmastro

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

People, as always, are overreacting. Moving on.

Nah, i'm not that concerned.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Jani-Koblaney

I swore, I heard about this right after I woke up . I was sure it was a joke, but it isn't. I'm still wondering what to think of the system.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

GuSolarFlare

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

People, as always, are overreacting. Moving on.

I was overreacting. now I'm just kind of fooling around waiting my 3DS to charge(sorry 2DS users I have 3D and it has 2 screens not one and it can be folded too )

my Backloggery

Parkavenue359

nintendo 2DS... it never happened

Parkavenue359

HYDRA413

Will you be able to play the Virtual Console on the 2DS?

HYDRA413

GuSolarFlare

Parkavenue359 wrote:

nintendo 2DS... it never happened

Untitled

my Backloggery

Joeynator3000

Soooo, what's next? 1DS?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

HankLangley

Untitled

If it could fold it would sell a crap load faster.

Edit: seriously Nintendo? thats the BEST name for a new console you could come up with?.

Edited on by HankLangley

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

Ralizah

Another great tweet from a Justin McElroy:
"Ricky, why are you crying?"
"Mom, the 3DS fell into my pocket again!"
"There's gotta be a better way!"
[Nintendo 2DS logo,fade to black]

And, of all people, here's what Michael Pachter had to say:
"The 2DS is a great idea, should boost sales meaningfully. I think a lot of people don't care about the 3D feature, this gives them a choice"

Because, you know, being forced to play everything in 2D gives people a choice, but having a slider to switch between 2D and 3D is just forcing itself on people...

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

mystman12

True_Hero wrote:

mystman12 wrote:

One thing no one seems to remember is that parents can turn the 3D off in the parental controls.

But why pay more for a system that has a feature you don't want?

Oh yeah, that's a good point. I'm just wondering though, are they going to make another circle pad pro model to go with this? That's gonna be a HUGE system!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.