Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,882

Hunter_Rose

WaveBoy wrote:

Looks like i'll be returning my N3DS XL and ordering a JPN 'Black' N3DS since there's a new region free exploit available.
I'm glad, because I don't like the N3DS 'XL' those large screens make the visuals and stereoscopic 3D effect(due to the lower resolution being blown up) look worse and the design? Angry video game nerd > "Just F***ing horrible!"

That would not be a wise thing to do. The exploit is locked to an older firmware, does not allow access to the eShop, and will most likely be patched out in the next "stability update". You would essentially be purchasing half a system.

Hunter_Rose

Twitter:

dkxcalibur

Hunter_Rose wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Looks like i'll be returning my N3DS XL and ordering a JPN 'Black' N3DS since there's a new region free exploit available.
I'm glad, because I don't like the N3DS 'XL' those large screens make the visuals and stereoscopic 3D effect(due to the lower resolution being blown up) look worse and the design? Angry video game nerd > "Just F***ing horrible!"

That would not be a wise thing to do. The exploit is locked to an older firmware, does not allow access to the eShop, and will most likely be patched out in the next "stability update". You would essentially be purchasing half a system.

I agree. However, a half of a system might be exactly what he wants. He may not plan on ever updating his system, playing online, or accessing the eshop. I personally am very happy with my XL system. Do they still push updates through new games?

I no longer turn the 3D off, and I'm enjoying some of my older games again in 3D the way they were meant to be played. The resolution differences do not bother me at all.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

Spoony_Tech

dkxcalibur wrote:

Hunter_Rose wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I agree. However, a half of a system might be exactly what he wants. He may not plan on ever updating his system, playing online, or accessing the eshop. I personally am very happy with my XL system. Do they still push updates through new games?

I no longer turn the 3D off, and I'm enjoying some of my older games again in 3D the way they were meant to be played. The resolution differences do not bother me at all.

And there lies the problem. If he plays a game that will make the system update he now has a useless system. @Waveboy do this at your own risk. I don't think anything is Truely region free.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

That's wonderful for all those that want it!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

Spoony_Tech wrote:

That's wonderful for all those that want it!

This. I hope you guys get it because really excluding it was NOT a smart decision on Nintendo's part

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Hy8ogen

WaveBoy wrote:

The screen definitely is slightly more blown up. Nothing serious and the 3d is definitely better on the XL due to the bigger screen. But hey that could be just me. And come on, the XL'S design is exquisite (the red one). I can't find one fault with the system (Apart from no faceplates lol). Sure it could be better, but as it is right now it's pretty darn good.

I wouldn't do that if I were you. Like others who already mentioned this, you can only play offline and you would have to bet on the device you're getting doesn't have the latest firmware.

I would suggest you return you XL now, and wait for the north American version to get released. It's coming soon, be patient.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Inkling

A Direct is long overdue.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Grumblevolcano

Inkling wrote:

A Direct is long overdue.

Yeah, the last one was 10 weeks ago.

@Inkling I know this is off topic but if you're wanting to go to EGX this year you'd better hurry up with buying tickets, Saturday early entry is already gone.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Martarts

Check out the 3ds tips and tricks on the page before this if you are interested in the new features!

NNID 3DS/Wii U: Martarts
Steam ID: Martarts
Add me if you want.

3DS Friend Code: 2062-9654-9678 | Nintendo Network ID: Martarts

Grumblevolcano

Joshua179 wrote:

Hey guys, quick question, does the New 3ds come with a Club Nintendo pin? I don't seem to have one

No

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

bezerker99

WaveBoy wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

dkxcalibur wrote:

Hunter_Rose wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

And there lies the problem. If he plays a game that will make the system update he now has a useless system. @Waveboy do this at your own risk. I don't think anything is Truely region free.

I thought this new exploit was unpatchable? Looks like i will be sticking with that big ugly chunky N3DS XL as a secondary 3DS for when friends pop by. Launch Aqua blue for my main all the way baby. normal color temp(N3DS XL's is pissy warm/yellow)Super crisp screens + sharper 3D effect and superior secret 6th brightness is the only way to Fido dido fly for this happy holiday California Christmas raisin.

I'm with you. I still play the majority of my handheld gaming on my old cosmo black 3DS. Ever since I picked up my N3DSXL, I've logged over 26 hours of Birdmania gameplay onto my old 3DS.

martinskrtel37

I haven't even turned my original 3DS on since I upgraded. I opened it once and laughed at the size of the screens. Can't understand how you could own the new model but still squint at the old one!

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Hy8ogen

martinskrtel37 wrote:

I haven't even turned my original 3DS on since I upgraded. I opened it once and laughed at the size of the screens. Can't understand how you could own the new model but still squint at the old one!

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I love the N3DS XL... and I definitely can't go back to the original one.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Spoony_Tech

There was an original 3ds with smaller screen?!

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Well that doesn't bother me one bit. Now I just need to see if I really need to play this game because of the content I keep hearing about.

MERG said:

WebHead

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Well that doesn't bother me one bit. Now I just need to see if I really need to play this game because of the content I keep hearing about.

Besides its available on PC, Wii U, etc anyway. Don't understand how it needs the extra horsepower of the New models but meh.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

unrandomsam

WaveBoy wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

dkxcalibur wrote:

Hunter_Rose wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I thought this new exploit was unpatchable? Looks like i will be sticking with that big ugly chunky N3DS XL as a secondary 3DS for when friends pop by. Launch Aqua blue for my main all the way baby. normal color temp(N3DS XL's is pissy warm/yellow)Super crisp screens + sharper 3D effect and superior secret 6th brightness is the only way to Fido dido fly for this happy holiday California Christmas raisin.

I'm with you. I still play the majority of my handheld gaming on my old cosmo black 3DS. Ever since I picked up my N3DSXL, I've logged over 26 hours of Birdmania gameplay onto my old 3DS.

I just got my 2nd N3DS XL, returned the first because of the broken super stable 3D effect.... Guess what? This 2nd models super stable 3D effect is just as terrible....Picture doubling, shakeyness and flickering aplenty makes it inferior to regular 3D mode by a land slide. what a joke. I still can't get over the crappy blown up visuals and less crisp, less pronounced 3D effect due to the larger screens + low resolution, and bland hand held design. Yeah...I'm done with the N3DS 'XL'. Sticking with Aqua Blue launch model.....I'll get a regular JPN N3DS(new black) if an unpatchable exploit becomes available.

People have managed to do a full region change now. (i.e USA firmware on originally PAL or JPN N3DS).

Won't be long before someone is selling them. (Probably at a hefty premium).

(Once it is done it is done you just update to 9.6 USA).

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Spoony_Tech

@Waveboy Are you by chance wearing a hat? It will mess with the 3d lILike no tomorrow. I've heard certain types of glasses will also do that.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic