Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,882

Starz

My new 3DS seems to flicker sometimes with the 3D on but I've only seen it on animal crossing new leaf. It either the right or left side that does it. I no when I look away then look back at the screen the 3D flickers coz it's trying to find my face.

Check out my Super Mario Maker levels https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/ToadLucy

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0577-5238 | Nintendo Network ID: ToadLucy

Hy8ogen

@WaveBoy There are 2 possibilities,

1. You are extremely unlucky in getting 2 defective unit.
2. Apparently the super stable 3D isn't programmed to recognize you faceshape.....

I still can't get over the crappy blown up visuals and less crisp, less pronounced 3D effect due to the larger screens + low resolution, pissy warm color temp, and bland hand held design.
Also you have repeated this like 100 times in this thread..... Everything you said is very subjective except the 3D effect. The 3D effect is definitely better with the bigger screen. Not to mention the New 3DS XL's built quality is by far the best in the 3DS line up.

My Red N3DSXL's super stable works flawlessly. I have it on 100% of the time playing MH4U.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

TeeJay

My 3D effect works great. The resolution is great. The brightness is great. End of story.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Opinions are subjective. We'll just have to agree to disagree about this.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

TeeJay wrote:

This

Plus you people with those amazing eyes that can see all the pixels so clearly. If I look for it I can see them but with the system held at a proper distance you can see any pixels. Well at least I can't!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LzWinky

Nah, it's just you

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

dkxcalibur

No problems with my New 3DS. I play with the 3D effect on all the time except when I have "over the shoulder" watchers. I even play at night with all my lights off and the 3DS effect works great. If I happen to look away, it will take a second or two to find my eyes again in the dark but it has not been a problem. Is the resolution issue going from the original to the New 3DS XL or from any of the older 3DS systems to the New 3DS, because I don't notice it (my vision is very good, before anyone ask or says). I'll have to do a direct comparison between our XLs and my New XL.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

Spoony_Tech

dkxcalibur wrote:

No problems with my New 3DS. I play with the 3D effect on all the time except when I have "over the shoulder" watchers. I even play at night with all my lights off and the 3DS effect works great. If I happen to look away, it will take a second or two to find my eyes again in the dark but it has not been a problem. Is the resolution issue going from the original to the New 3DS XL or from any of the older 3DS systems to the New 3DS, because I don't notice it (my vision is very good, before anyone ask or says). I'll have to do a direct comparison between our XLs and my New XL.

It's from the smaller model to the bigger model of either. Nintendo did make the screens any better for the larger models. They basically just blew up the screen which will give you a slightly worse picture.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

dkxcalibur

Spoony_Tech wrote:

dkxcalibur wrote:

It's from the smaller model to the bigger model of either. Nintendo did make the screens any better for the larger models. They basically just blew up the screen which will give you a slightly worse picture.

I guess this is why I never noticed this problem that some players are reporting as my family and I have never owned or played the original 3DS system.

This is completely unrelated, but I'm really thinking about picking up a replacement back plate for my New 3DS to change the look up. Since I live in NA and the plates aren't an option, I'm thinking about picking up either a red, gold, or MH replacement back plate to give my black system a two-tone look.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

Spoony_Tech

dkxcalibur wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

dkxcalibur wrote:

I guess this is why I never noticed this problem that some players are reporting as my family and I have never owned or played the original 3DS system.

This is completely unrelated, but I'm really thinking about picking up a replacement back plate for my New 3DS to change the look up. Since I live in NA and the plates aren't an option, I'm thinking about picking up either a red, gold, or MH replacement back plate to give my black system a two-tone look.

It's noticeable for Like one day then the bigger screen really makes all the difference. I could never go back to that tiny screen ever again. Also go with the Monster Hunter back plate. There's a little black in it so it should look great.

MERG said:

TeeJay

Yeah I can'd imagine ever squinting at that tiny little screen ever again. When I look at an original 3DS I often wonder how I ever managed in the first place.

The_Dude_Abides

I've had 2 replacements due to the C Stick being faulty (the system wasn't reading the C-stick moving down properly), This is same fault with the C Stick on both systems. It seems this is a common problem with the New 3DS, just do a search on it.

I ended up just getting a refund. Nintendo need to sort out their quality control issues with this system. I won't reward them with my hard earned until they can actually deliver a proper, working system.

This is the first Nintendo system i've bought since the Gamecube and i shouldn't have bothered to be honest.

Also, no charger supplied is just taking the piss.

The_Dude_Abides

Koldur

WaveBoy wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

This

Plus you people with those amazing eyes that can see all the pixels so clearly. If I look for it I can see them but with the system held at a proper distance you can see any pixels. Well at least I can't!

Anybody with a good set of eyes, holding both the 3DS and N3DS XL at the proper distance with the same game should be able to notice that the visuals look a bit more pixely/blown up looking on the N3DS XL. it's what I got with RE: revelations(just one ex) and if you can't, than dang all the power to you I guess. If you're happy with your N3DS XL than that's great, the visuals + 3D effect just don't do it for me.

Playing GB/GBC VC games in 1:1 mode on those larger screens is still frikkin awesome though I've got admit it, as it was back on my regular XL.

I have 150% vision (that is the way it is measured here and I do not know the conversion to the x/x vision way) which is the best vision possible and yes, I see the pixels and the non XLs do look sharper, but at the same time they look very tiny which kind of retracts from the immersion. I do not mind the pixely look and since I am a bit of a retro gamer I kind of like the style and at the same time I get sucked in more. Seeing something doesn't necessarily makes it worse.

It just is subjective, even if you have perfect or less than perfect vision, it is all about what you are looking for and what you expect something to be. I do not expect HD graphics from such a device, but I expect immersion and fun games.

Koldur

The_Dude_Abides

Starz wrote:

My new 3DS C-Stick works perfectly fine. Also no charger is to keep the cost down.

Aye, YOUR 3ds. Regarding the charger, it keeps costs down for Nintendo, not the consumer as it adds another £7-10 onto the system.

Edited on by The_Dude_Abides

The_Dude_Abides

LzWinky

The no charger is quite puzzling. I don't get any logic behind it

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Spoony_Tech

Saves Nintendo money plus keeps them in the under 200$ price point. Plus it's already known that probably close to 80% were owners of the old system. Problem is if you turn you old system back to say Gamestop they require everything you purchased with it so their argument is somewhat mute!

I have 2 chargers in the house with 4 systems. Would've been nice to have a 3rd.

MERG said:

LzWinky

As opposed to making them separate? I don't see how this costs less for Nintendo

dkxcalibur

As someone else already stated, it was done to stay under the $200 mark. I have 3 systems for 2 chargers in my house. We really didn't need another one so I can live with this odd decision by Nintendo.

dkxcalibur

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic