Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 121 to 140 of 2,590

RoyalBlur

Argh! That wait for Kid Icarus Uprising is beginning to become painful. The way it was presented at last years E3 I would have thought that Kid Icarus Uprising would have a been a launch title. I really hope it gets a release sometime next month although I'm well aware that won't be happening.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

SteamMistwalker

nice waveboy! good to finally see the eggplant wizard!

3DS code :
2191 7660 6571
Nintendo ID: Steamerz
Let me know if u add me and ill add u!

Nintendo6400

I hope it gets online :3

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Retro_Gamer

Thanks for posting those screenshots WaveBoy, I actually really like the look of the Eggplant Wizard, looks pretty much the same but like you said with a few wardrobe tweaks which I welcome. However the new Reaper look is a little disappointing, it's not horrible but I just liked the classic Grim Reaper look of the original.

Currently Playing:
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

Retro_Gamer

Looking at more of the old enemies reappearing. this is starting to actually feel more like a Kid Icarus game, can't help but get excited. It's still a shame to see the platforming aspect being taken out, it was my favorite parts of the original and what made it infamously difficult.

Currently Playing:

Azikira

kkslider5552000 wrote:

that's because the original Kid Icarus sucked

BLASPHEMY!!

Bwahahaha I am a fox 8D
Check out the stuff I make on Twitter and Etsy!
https://twitter.com/Azikira/

RoyalBlur

kkslider5552000 wrote:

that's because the original Kid Icarus sucked

I agree. I didn't like the platformer style of the original Kid Icarus although I like the Kid Icarus franchise. To be more precise however, it isn't that I didn't like the platformer but more than that I having played more modern games that are 3D sidescrollers like Dragonica then I would support a 3D sidescroller Kid Icarus game.

Nevertheless, I'm seriously excited for this Kid Icarus Uprising as I like the fact that this game plays more like 'Sin and Punishment' because I think it gives Kid Icarus more of a reboot and the new gameplay suits Kid Icarus just fine.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

yoyogamer

Keep in mind Nintendo has plenty of platforming franchises, if Uprising was a platformer, it might have trouble standing out from the likes of Super Mario and Kirby Wii. Nintendo needed a new IP anyway, so I can understand the change in game play.

This is a signature.

Retro_Gamer

WaveBoy wrote:

And the fact that Kid Icarus has the Egg Plant Wizard automatically makes it a 10.lol

That's an automatic win in my books as well, actually aren't there Egg plants in Ice climber as well? I know their logo in Smash Bros is one......Nintendo must have some obsession with egg plants.

Currently Playing:

RoyalBlur

That is one great video NintyFan! It's odd how Nintendo hasn't really given us any news of substance in regards to Kid Icarus lately. Does that mean we won't soar with Pit until next year?

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

moomoo

Game looks really pretty and fun. The voice acting makes my ears throw up though.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Mao

I'm not buying this game because I'm not going to like it.

Mao

Bubbab5

I CANT WAIT FOR THE ONLINE PLAY IVE NEVER PLAYED THE ORIGINAL SINCE I WASN'T BORIN BUT ITS FOR SURE BUY SO FAR

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

TheUnknownGame

Really excited for this. How often do you get a 3rd-Person shooter that is inspired by Greek mythology with anime-like graphics?

No one knows what kind of games I play!!

RoyalBlur

Man, it's hard not to be excited about this! Kid Icarus is EPIC!

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

19Robb92

I'm not super hyped. It does look fun, but I really dislike the design of most enemies and the voice work is a little bit to cheesy. I know the voice work is meant to be that way, but I'm just not in to it.

Looks good nonetheless. I might pick it up, but I will definitely look at reviews first.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

retired_account

The cheesiness is probably my favorite part of the game so far. It's quality cheese, guys.

The only thing I'm not liking about it so far is the time limit. I hate time limits. >:[

retired_account

JustAnotherUser

I think the time limits are for the Demo's only.
At least I hope so o.O

JustAnotherUser

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic