3DS Forum

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Showing 141 to 160 of 2,721

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

141. Posted:

Of Myths and Monsters overworld stages were kind of meh....They basically scrolled endlessly, and you could never fall to your doom. But the dungeons on the other hand were great fun. But it's not quite as epic and magical as the original.

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Retro_Gamer

142. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I'm sure once the egg plant wizard is revealed and pee my TMNT PJ's. :D

Wasn't he revealed in the first trailer last E3? Or maybe I saw that in a Nintendo Power issue...
I agree with you about the game play, it seems so much different than the original, it used to be big on platforming with some Zelda-like dungeon exploring thrown into the mix.

Currently Playing:
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

AuthorMessage

Adam

143. Posted:

I'm not thrilled for the S&P aspect, either, but I think the ground part looks worse. All the videos just show him locking on to an enemy, running straight at them, and bashing an attack button. It's Kid Icarus and Sakurai, so I want to be excited for it, but it looks mindless. And yea, the new character looks awful.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

144. Posted:

S&P was great for what it is, but it just left me fealing cold. It felt kind of hallow and lifeless as funny as it sounds, besides I'm just not into shooters..

Anyways, Have the dungeon/Palaces been confirmed in Uprising? I'm guessing they are considering some of the ground gameplay looks as if Pit is in fact running around in a cave.

But ya....Not caring for the S&P-like sky game play, the fact that this isn't a platformer and is compltely radically different from the original, and that new guy with the big sword....totaly unfitting...

But I'm still super stoaked those this one, after all it is Kid Iacrus. But at the same time I'm feeling iffy about it.
Super Mario 3D, Resident Evil Revelations and Zelda OOT 3D are what I'm most hyped obout. Hopefully we'll get a new Punch-Out!! 3D that would totaly make my day! One of my favorite franchise. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

suburban_sensei

145. Posted:

I am not sure how I feel about Kid Icarus yet. Watched the 3D trailer on the eShop and it was breathtakingly beautiful, but just not sure if it will be a day one purchase. It does look promising, though.

Currently Playing:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Pokemon X

Nintendo ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code: 0962-9815-9838

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

146. Posted:

Does anyone think that Kid Icarus will become as big as Zelda? Will it's fanbase become as large and immense as Zelda?

The Legend of Zelda has a feeling and ambiance that isn't easily captured by any other Nintendo IP that I've experienced. I simply wonder if Kid Icarus Uprising can lift Pit to the same height that Ocarina of Time raised Link to with Ocarina of Time and even now Link is about to reach new and higher heights with Skyward Sword. As much as I'm excited for Kid Icarus Uprising I would hope that this game can put Pit over the top and earn him the kind of pop culture status that the Hero of Time has long held. Pit has something going for him, because I myself purchased the 3DS not because of the fact that Ocarina of Time was coming to the 3DS but because of that beautiful trailer for Kid Icarus Uprising that was shown at last years E3 and I'm sure many other people bought the 3DS due to that trailer.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

147. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

Does anyone think that Kid Icarus will become as big as Zelda? Will it's fanbase become as large and immense as Zelda?

The Legend of Zelda has a feeling and ambiance that isn't easily captured by any other Nintendo IP that I've experienced. I simply wonder if Kid Icarus Uprising can lift Pit to the same height that Ocarina of Time raised Link to with Ocarina of Time and even now Link is about to reach new and higher heights with Skyward Sword. As much as I'm excited for Kid Icarus Uprising I would hope that this game can put Pit over the top and earn him the kind of pop culture status that the Hero of Time has long held. Pit has something going for him, because I myself purchased the 3DS not because of the fact that Ocarina of Time was coming to the 3DS but because of that beautiful trailer for Kid Icarus Uprising that was shown at last years E3 and I'm sure many other people bought the 3DS due to that trailer.

I certainly wish, TokyoRed, but keep in mind that Zelda was released around the same time as Kid Icarus and unlike Kid Icarus it has gotten many sequels that have built up its fanbase. If Nintendo had made consistent sequels other than Of Myths and Monsters, it would've gotten to that level, but it also wouldn't be the same as it is today. My hope is that they won't have Pit return and then not come back for another twenty years. There must be a new Kid Icarus on Wii U at some point in time. Otherwise, it won't be up there with the Big Three (Mario, Zelda, and Metroid). At least we can look forward to seeing Pit return in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

148. Posted:

If Kid Icarus does end up getting big, (which i hope) they better make the next sequal actually in tune with the original....You know with the Palaces/Dungeons, the actual platforming and the like...Not this sin & Punishment and wonky ground combat gameplay.

And I'd like to see the return of 'Child Pit' from the Nes and GB game, not teenage SSB Brawl Pit.
Anyways, I'm DIEING to see screens or footage of the egg plant wizard! He better look goofy and the same artisticly like he always has been!

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

149. Posted:

I think that the flying segments look great. The ground segments look good too, but not as good as the flying segments.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

150. Posted:

cheetahman91 wrote:

I think that the flying segments look great. The ground segments look good too, but not as good as the flying segments.

Waveboy, I'm with Cheetah on this one. I like the new Sin and Punishment style of Kid Icarus Uprising as opposed to the that presentation of the original game. Now, if we get a Kid Icarus game on the 3DS that is a sidescroller but 3D like Donkey Kong Country Returns then I just might buy that.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

151. Posted:

Argh! That wait for Kid Icarus Uprising is beginning to become painful. The way it was presented at last years E3 I would have thought that Kid Icarus Uprising would have a been a launch title. I really hope it gets a release sometime next month although I'm well aware that won't be happening.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

152. Posted:

Eggplant Wizard, reveal yourself! :p OMG! This is actually the first time I've layed eyes on this! :D
He looks almost the same as he did in the original, just a few wardrobe tweaks and the end of his staff is a bit different. That aside, I still prefer the Nes version's outfit, and that sprite? So Classic! In Kid Icarus, whenever you came across a group of Egg Plant Wizards your heart begins to race. :p
Untitled

Here are the other variations of the Eggplant Wizard us retro lovers all know and love hehe. I personally favor the Captain N design, then again maybe it's because i just grew up on that show and i loved the whol Eggplant Wizard & King Hippo Duo working for Mother Brain. B-)

Kid Icarus - (Nes) 86'
Untitled Untitled

Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters - (Game Boy) 91'
Untitled

Captain N: The Game Master - 89'
Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

153. Posted:

And here's the new Reaper and one of his Reapettes from Kid Icarus: Uprising. B-)
Can't say I'm too thrilled with the design really. I much prefer the Nes Sprite itself.....Brings back tons of memories, along with that iconic tune that plays when the reaper spots you, which then leads to a swarm of Repeattes flying after you. But at least it beats the awful Of Myths and Monsters design.

Untitled

Kid Icarus - (Nes) 86'
Untitled Untitled Untitled

Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters - (Game Boy) 91'
Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

154. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

cheetahman91 wrote:

Waveboy, I'm with Cheetah on this one. I like the new Sin and Punishment style of Kid Icarus Uprising as opposed to the that presentation of the original game. Now, if we get a Kid Icarus game on the 3DS that is a sidescroller but 3D like Donkey Kong Country Returns then I just might buy that.

It almost feels like this was planned to be an entirely different game all together without pit just to show off the 3DS's 3D technology. Then again, the creator did 'did' say that he intended on making a flying game, and then pit was added later to that idea and the molding began from there. Hopefully they do release another KI on the 3DS that's more in tune with the original.

Hopefully we'll get a '3D' version of Kid Icarus(like Excite Bike 3D) for sale on the eShop before Uprising is released, along with Of Myths and Monsters for the GB on the 3DS VC. B-)

After all, it's only been around 19 years since his last title of Myths and Monsters, so ya...I think a Big Kid Icarus celebration is in order. :D

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

SteamMistwalker

155. Posted:

nice waveboy! good to finally see the eggplant wizard!

3DS code :
2191 7660 6571
Nintendo ID: Steamerz
Let me know if u add me and ill add u!

AuthorMessage

Nintendo6400

156. Posted:

I hope it gets online :3

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

157. Posted:

I could care less for the online....Then again, the Multiplayer looks pretty unique from the norm, but if there's any lag to speak of, knowing me I'll probably get tired of it within minutes, all i care about is the single player experience. B-)

AuthorMessage

Retro_Gamer

158. Posted:

Thanks for posting those screenshots WaveBoy, I actually really like the look of the Eggplant Wizard, looks pretty much the same but like you said with a few wardrobe tweaks which I welcome. However the new Reaper look is a little disappointing, it's not horrible but I just liked the classic Grim Reaper look of the original.

Currently Playing:
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

159. Posted:

Retro_Gamer wrote:

Thanks for posting those screenshots WaveBoy, I actually really like the look of the Eggplant Wizard, looks pretty much the same but like you said with a few wardrobe tweaks which I welcome. However the new Reaper look is a little disappointing, it's not horrible but I just liked the classic Grim Reaper look of the original.

Ya the new reaper looks like he popped out of some random modern cartoon, I just hate the look of him....Doesn't mesh well with everything else in the game, but the same could be said about that new 'manly' hero with the giant sword who looks like popped out of some Bootleg Final Fantasty game. :p

Just imagine if Death was actually based on the original NES Sprite, giving him a simular blue color pallette with those creepy demon features. Ya, that sprite alone used to freak the hell out of me growing up.lol Hopefully they brought back that iconic tune once death spots you from the original game as well. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

160. Posted:

Meanwhile, the Monoeye is pretty much the same except its eye is blue instead of pink (or brown when in the game).

Untitled

Untitled

Those Keron enemies are back too, and they're a lot bigger!

Untitled

Untitled

And WaveBoy, I can't believe you didn't know that the Eggplant Wizard was in it this whole time.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan