Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 101 to 120 of 2,591

DaveGX

NintyFan wrote:

Here's the trailer for anyone wanting to see it here. It should be on the eShop in 3D too.

Dude, this YouTube vid's gotnuttin on the eShop/3DS DL even though they're basically the same, but all after DLing and seeing on the 3DS, all I can say is OMG! I think the effects from the aiming cursor actually imrpessed me(Although I think it's still taking me some time to figure out what if I can actually see or understand it correctly.), as much as when you see Pit flying around; You'd swear it's like he's separated from the environment free to roam anywhere onscreen and viewed from any angle. Almost makes ya kinda wanna look around/in front of him kinda, different angles even though since it's a trailer ya can't. Kinda makes me wish therea way to view the original trailer like this from the 3DS.

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

Meta-Rift

@Kid_A: What are you talking about? The on-foot segments look great to me. Some of the earlier trailers had me worried, though.

Meta-Rift

Kid_A

DaveGX wrote:

NintyFan wrote:

Here's the trailer for anyone wanting to see it here. It should be on the eShop in 3D too.

Dude, this YouTube vid's gotnuttin on the eShop/3DS DL even though they're basically the same, but all after DLing and seeing on the 3DS, all I can say is OMG! I think the effects from the aiming cursor actually imrpessed me(Although I think it's still taking me some time to figure out what if I can actually see or understand it correctly.), as much as when you see Pit flying around; You'd swear it's like he's separated from the environment free to roam anywhere onscreen and viewed from any angle. Almost makes ya kinda wanna look around/in front of him kinda, different angles even though since it's a trailer ya can't. Kinda makes me wish therea way to view the original trailer like this from the 3DS.

Can't you turn the 3D off?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

iphys

So this game has been delayed from summer to holiday? At least it looks like they are working on improvements to the game, so it should be worth it in the end.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Retro_on_theGo

That's so AWESOME!! There's so many! Why is there one of just Pit's claw weapon? They minus well make a Kid Icarus AR trading card game with all those AR cards! Man I'm so excited for this game! The AR will be beyond fun and the game itself looks like it will have so much replay value with the multiplayer mode having online and local! This is my favorite 3DS game as of now!

turtlelink

NintyFan wrote:

I've found several pictures of the Kid Icarus: Uprising AR cards.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I hope there's an Eggplant Wizard one!

Sweeeet.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

yoyogamer

Kid_A wrote:

DaveGX wrote:

NintyFan wrote:

Can't you turn the 3D off?

I think he want's to watch the E3 2010 trailer in 3d. Turning the 3D slider off won't effect that in any way.

This is a signature.

LzWinky

I want the game just for the cards

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Nezumi

I wonder how these cards will be sold? I wonder if there will be a way to obtain all of 'em?

Nezumi | 2664-2185-3229 | Backloggery

komicturtle

I think that new character will be a likely candidate to appear in the next Smash Bros.

When that guy showed up, I thought it was a crossover with... Last Story for some reason. That guy, to me, doesn't look like he really fits in with the other characters.

Oh, and I'd hope Medusa also shows up in the next Smash Bros. we do need more female characters in the game, especially a villain.

The game plays and sounds like a Smash Bros./Kirby game (which I like, anyhow). Will definitely be getting it.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

Retro_on_theGo

Lady Palutena AR card? Awesomeee! Pit looks cool in AR. Can't wait to play around with all those cards. Hope they just come with the game. I honestly don't care for that new character much right now. He looks like any other hero with a big sword. Hopefully he'll have a good back story or be important to the plot enough for me to like him.

Retro_Gamer

komicturtle92 wrote:

That guy, to me, doesn't look like he really fits in with the other characters..

I feel the same way, his design just feels very out of place, I almost didn't think it was a Kid Icarus trailer till pit showed up a second later. I've watched the trailer several times now and it's still the same, however after playing the game things might be different.

EDIT: Oh and cool videos! The card battles look really neat, I hope more games use AR cards like this.

Edited on by Retro_Gamer

Currently Playing:
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

DaveGX

Nezumi wrote:

I wonder how these cards will be sold? I wonder if there will be a way to obtain all of 'em?

I know, right? Although as sweet as all those AR cards look, I kinda wish they were making em for a little more than show and tell. Yea, you can have em do battle and all, but I mean I think there's definitely more potential in these AR cards than we realize.

DaveGX

You're not alone. I kinda thought that when I 1stsaw the trailer myself, that the couple of new chars didn't quite fit, like the 1 for MP. Anyway, if i recall correctlyfrom videos I've seen from Of Myths and Monsters on GameBoy even though i haven't actually played it myself, I don't think you could fall to your death in that game, either.

Retro_Gamer

WaveBoy wrote:

I'm sure once the egg plant wizard is revealed and pee my TMNT PJ's.

Wasn't he revealed in the first trailer last E3? Or maybe I saw that in a Nintendo Power issue...
I agree with you about the game play, it seems so much different than the original, it used to be big on platforming with some Zelda-like dungeon exploring thrown into the mix.

Currently Playing:
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

Adam

I'm not thrilled for the S&P aspect, either, but I think the ground part looks worse. All the videos just show him locking on to an enemy, running straight at them, and bashing an attack button. It's Kid Icarus and Sakurai, so I want to be excited for it, but it looks mindless. And yea, the new character looks awful.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

suburban_sensei

I am not sure how I feel about Kid Icarus yet. Watched the 3D trailer on the eShop and it was breathtakingly beautiful, but just not sure if it will be a day one purchase. It does look promising, though.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

RoyalBlur

Does anyone think that Kid Icarus will become as big as Zelda? Will it's fanbase become as large and immense as Zelda?

The Legend of Zelda has a feeling and ambiance that isn't easily captured by any other Nintendo IP that I've experienced. I simply wonder if Kid Icarus Uprising can lift Pit to the same height that Ocarina of Time raised Link to with Ocarina of Time and even now Link is about to reach new and higher heights with Skyward Sword. As much as I'm excited for Kid Icarus Uprising I would hope that this game can put Pit over the top and earn him the kind of pop culture status that the Hero of Time has long held. Pit has something going for him, because I myself purchased the 3DS not because of the fact that Ocarina of Time was coming to the 3DS but because of that beautiful trailer for Kid Icarus Uprising that was shown at last years E3 and I'm sure many other people bought the 3DS due to that trailer.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

cheetahman91

I think that the flying segments look great. The ground segments look good too, but not as good as the flying segments.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic