Forums

Topic: 3DS @ $169 has strong pre-order demand

Posts 1 to 20 of 22

ToadFan

[Source: http://bit.ly/o8uI84]

Punch Jump is reporting that 3DS's are in high demand of the $169 Pre-Order Price-Tag on Amazon.

Do you think this is good news for the Big N?

ToadFan

komicturtle

This must be a foreshadowing of what's to come this holiday season.

Parents, skeptics- keep buying. Please. Because that = more encouragement to bring games to 3DS!

komicturtle

SunnySnivy

Great news.

More people buy the console, more people buy the games. Since software sells hardware, I expect 3DS sales to really pick up this holiday!

http://backloggery.com/naviloveslink

ToadFan

SunnySnivy wrote:

Great news.
Currently playing: Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Mario Sunshine.

Next on the "To buy" list: Mario Kart Wii and Secret of Mana.

Owner of 150+ event Pokemon and proud of it.

Those are rly good games, I want Secret of Mana. :C

ToadFan

komicturtle

Consider...

maybe, just maybe. With a teaspoon of regret of the launch price

komicturtle

ocarinaoftime

Now if someone would loan me about 170 plus taxs i get one....

ocarinaoftime

Moco_Loco

I think it was made with this or a similar price (maybe $189?) in mind. The enthusiastic reception at E3 made them think they had another runaway hit on their hands no matter the price, so they jacked up the price to increase profits.

I suspect the 3DS will still never reach the install base of the DS. It takes casual hits like Brain Age and the original Nintendogs to reach levels like that, but smartphones and iPod Touches have taken a large chunk of that market. They've even taken a chunk of the hardcore market, who use their phones for quick on-the-go games and then sit down with their console when they get home.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

Apollo

ToadFan wrote:

[Source: http://bit.ly/o8uI84]

Punch Jump is reporting that 3DS's are in high demand of the $169 Pre-Order Price-Tag on Amazon.

Do you think this is good news for the Big N?

Hmm, this might end up being Nintendo 3DS launch version 2.0. Too bad we're still waiting on the games but at least the price is right.

Apollo

LzWinky

Mickeymac wrote:

Again I say: This is the price they should've started with.

Nah, they planned this all along.

$170 or $250 plus 20 free games. EVERYONE WINS!!!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Retro_Gamer

I always thought it was the horrible launch line up that people weren't buying the system but I guess it was the price after all.

Currently Playing:
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

Tasuki

Mickeymac wrote:

I agree.

In all honesty I do think Nintendo planned it this way. I think they just got greedy thats all. It only costs them 100 to make the 3DS someone decide hey lets market this at 250 and see what kind of sales we can get. The sales dropped and they decided that they got all that they could out of the 250 price tag. And this free 20 games thing they had planned all the time cause they knew if they dropped the price so soon after released the people that did pay 250 would whine and cry.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MasterGraveheart

Any sign of strong sales is a positive thing for any company. Good sign, especially since it'll be happening closer to the arrival of Vita. People want a Nintendo handheld, they just weren't ready for a $249.99 price point. Can't blame them, really... that's how much a lot of us paied for our Wii systems.

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

LzWinky

Tasuki wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

I agree.

In all honesty I do think Nintendo planned it this way. I think they just got greedy thats all. It only costs them 100 to make the 3DS someone decide hey lets market this at 250 and see what kind of sales we can get. The sales dropped and they decided that they got all that they could out of the 250 price tag. And this free 20 games thing they had planned all the time cause they knew if they dropped the price so soon after released the people that did pay 250 would whine and cry.

Source for your $100 per system claim? I hear that it costs more than that

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tasuki

lzbirdboy wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

I agree.

Source for your $100 per system claim? I hear that it costs more than that

I have seen it all over I cant remember right now but I am sure if you do a google you can find it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Bankai

250 would whine and cry.

You mean like they did over Netflix for bumping the price up $7/ month?

I have seen it all over I cant remember right now but I am sure if you do a google you can find it.

Those guesses are a load of tripe, because invariably the "expert" who claims he/ she "knows" how much it costs to make one only factors in the cost of the actual components.

Throw in R&D, Marketing and, you know, paying the wages for the people who actually make the console push its price much higher. Double the cost of the components and you're roughly at the price it costs to actually make and sell a console.

Edited on by Bankai

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.