Hot on the heels of SNK announcing the Neo Geo Mini really is a thing, the miniature console that set that original bandwagon rolling is getting a re-release. Yes, the NES Classic Edition - or Nintendo Classic Mini: Family Computer as its known in the East - is getting a special re-release in Japan on 7th July, and it sounds like quite the model.
Not only will the tiny console be golden (yes, golden), but it'll include a new list of games to sweeten that all-important deal. Designed to celebrate the 50th anniversary of weekly manga anthology Weekly Shōnen Jump, the new console will include the following games:
- Tag Team Match: MUSCLE
- Dragon Quest
- Fist of the North Star
- Dragon Ball: Shenron no Nazo
- Kinnikuman: Kinnikusei Oui Soudatsusen
- Saint Seiya: Ougon Densetsu
- Captain Tsubasa
- Saint Seiya: Ougon Densetsu Kanketsu-hen
- Famicom Jump: Hero Retsuden
- Sakigake!! Otokojuku Shippuu Ichi Gou Sei
- Ankoku Shinwa: Yamato Takeru Densetsu
- Tenchi wo Kurau (Destiny of an Emperor)
- Hokuto no Ken 3: Shin Seiki Souzou Seiken Retsuden
- Dragon Ball 3: Gokuden
- Captain Tsubasa 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Kyoushuu! Saiyajin
- Magical Taluluto-kun: Fantastic World
- Famicom Jump II: Saikyo no Shichinin
- Rokudenashi Blues
The Nintendo Classic Mini: Family Computer Weekly Shonen Jump 50th Anniversary Commemoration Version will release in Japan with a price tag of 7,980 yen.
What do you make of this special anniversary edition? And what are your thoughts on the updated list of games? Share your take with the NL community below...