If Minecraft mania has taken over the planet, then certainly Cube Life: Island Survival has staked its claim for Wii U dominance. This Minecraft clone is now in #1 place in the Wii U eShop in the UK, Germany and France. Yes, that's right - above even Yoshi's Woolly World and Splatoon.
Slovakia-based developer Cypronia is not resting on its laurels however and plans to release upcoming update v1.1 scheduled for sometime in August which will offer the following features:
- Local multiplayer (Gamepad vs WiiU Pro controller + TV)
- Wii U Pro Controller support
- 20 more items added such as doors
We are assured that the following issues found in the original release will be fixed too:
- Invert Y-axis button added
- HDR effect ON/OFF button added
- Hale of Bay – fixed crash
- Drowning on land fixed
- Better tool durability (axes, armour…)
- Hunger and thirsty drop slowly
- Water flood after loading fixed
- Animal drop items more frequently
- Increased gravity, when you fall
The creative mode also gets a few improvements:
- Icons do not change position
- Added explosives
- Added Flat terrain feature
- More colour blocks
We are assured that v1.1 is just the start and future updates will include even more maps for Survival mode and multiplayer, along with more animals, enemies and items.
Have you been enjoying Cube Life so far? Do you welcome these free updates?