Tappingo Gets a 30% Discount in Early May

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Figure it out

Hugo Smits, the man behind Goodbye Galaxy Games, has been in touch to confirm that he has a treat on the way for puzzle fans with a 3DS. His latest eShop title, Tappingo, will be reduced by 30% from 1st to 15th May — in this period it'll cost €1.99 / £1.75 / $1.99.

As is expected of titles from the developer, it takes some established ideas and applies a fairly unique twist. In this case the puzzle solving has elements of Picross, yet images are completed by filling in entire rows; there are over 100 puzzles to tackle. We awarded it 7/10 in our review, saying that "Tappingo’s price tag makes it easy to recommend to anyone who thinks they’d enjoy its brand of pixel puzzling".

A new trailer has been released to promote the upcoming discount, so check it out below and let us know whether you're tempted to make the jump in next week's download update.

Raiko

Raiko said:

This trailer seems to do the game more justice than the older ones i've seen. I'm ashamed to say I haven't picked it up yet, but I will do now!

ShanaUnite

ShanaUnite said:

I am ashamed to admit i completely forgot this game existed despite having shown a certain degree of mild interest in the past.

FritzFrapp

FritzFrapp said:

Raiko and Shana, you should be ashamed. :-)
Buy it. It's nice, original and at a good price.

Tops

Tops said:

Yeah I won't lie, this kinda fell off my radar. Definitely will download with the sale though

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

YES ! so glad i waited :D

i will definetly get this game in may with the discount!

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

This was a great deal at full price, too. I finished it a while ago, though...more, please!

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

Um... 3 to 2 dollars is a 33% percent drop. Not 30%. Some people need to learn how to do math.

(This is meant to be sarcastic)

Buduski

Buduski said:

@brewsky, wow thanks for that, I was on my lunch break about to get back to work when I mis read the title, guess I'll have to wait a bit for that discount

FritzFrapp

FritzFrapp said:

@Klunk23
Looking at the UK prices it's obviously only us that get the 30% off. Rip-off Britain again!
Dammit Hugo, where's our extra 3 percent? j/k

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

This was already a great game for it's original price. And I don't even normally like puzzle games.

HugoSmits

HugoSmits said:

@Frapp I hereby promise to add the additional %3 I earn from British gamers to the budget of my next game and use it to add something British to the game (the flag? A cup of tea perhaps?).

HugoSmits

HugoSmits said:

@Frapp If enough British gamers buy the game during the sale; I will hire Sir David Jason as voice actor and make him say it everytime you complete a puzzle in Tappingo 2! :D

Andremario

Andremario said:

LOL! I never get this kinda entertainment on U.S. Gaming sites! It's nothing but trolls everywhere elses minus unrandomsam....lol

Lobster

Lobster said:

I love this game! It's not always easy though, I think I've lost a few fistfuls of hair. :D

Gen0neD

Gen0neD said:

Aside from the circus music that plays occasionally, this game is excellent. Liked it so much, i stopped playing 80 puzzles in. I'll come back to it later.

AshFoxX

AshFoxX said:

This still looks confusing to me from the videos, but for 2 bucks, I think I'll bite at it in May. I do love Picross, and this looks like a unique twist on it. If I can't get my head around it, I'll have only wasted a couple bucks.

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

I picked it up not long after it came out, and I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth at regular price and have no regrets. I havn't beat it, but there is a lot to do. I do pretty much "get" the game now so solving puzzles generally is more of a relaxing rather than challenging experience, but its a neat puzzle concept and its just fun to see the colors roll out into a picture.
Definitely recommended if you like picture puzzle games.

DadOfFour1972

DadOfFour1972 said:

Been debating this so with a price drop......it will join the download queue on Thursday along with Golf and Galaga!