Get Artistic With Pikachu In 3DS Title Pokémon Art Academy

Posted by Damien McFerran

Brushes at the ready for a June release in Japan

Nintendo has confirmed that Pokémon Art Academy will be hitting Japan on June 19th.

40 lessons will be included, all of which will focus around a famous Pokémon. It will be released as both a retail and digital product and will retail for 3,619 Yen. The 3DS console's 3D screen will not be supported by the game, and we've not had word on a western release as yet — although it would be almost unthinkable for Nintendo not to bring this outside of Japan, given the stature of the Pokémon franchise.

You can check out the trailer below, as well as visit the official Japanese site here.

[via nintendoeverything.com]

Prof_Clayton

Prof_Clayton said:

What?
Pokemon... and art academy... too much for brain... to handle. >_<;
Just take my money, take it already!

3dcaleb

3dcaleb said:

this looks way more fun than art academy! i got that from club nintendo points and it was ok for a while but i lost interest pretty fast. but drawing pokemon! = awesome!! i cant wait, i'll get this as soon as it comes over. i just hope it doesnt take too long.

Crimzonlogic

Crimzonlogic said:

This looks great and all, but why not just draw pokemon in regular Art Academy? I did. :P
Ah, who am I kidding? I'll probably get it if its not too expensive!

epicdude12302

epicdude12302 said:

This should be on Wii U! The 3DS already has several Art Academy games(even if one of them is Dsiware)!

PrincessEevee9

PrincessEevee9 said:

Agreeing with the Wii U version instead comments.

Oh my what a great way to inspire a new generation of artists!

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

This is looking good. Previous Art Academy games placed an emphasis on realism, but this version brings some digital art niceties into the mix... it looks like there's some basic layer support and an undo function. It would be great when they finally bring out the final version of Wii U Art Academy, they brought some of these features as well.

Magikarp3

Magikarp3 said:

Pokemon are pretty much my go-to subject when I want to practice drawing, but don't feel like committing to something highly detailed. It seems funny to have an entire title for it though...

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Ehh I'm not big on pokemon but I do like drawing etc. Might download it for the drawing part alone when it hits North America. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Pod

Pod said:

Is this why my full version of Art Academy for Wii U was delayed? >:(

Melkac

Melkac said:

Pokémon are not hard to draw at all (saying this as a Pokémon artist who has trouble drawing anything else), so I honestly don't see the point of this Art Academy game lol
Maybe it's aimed at very young children.

dok5555555

dok5555555 said:

What ever happened to Flipnote Studio 3D? Wasn't that suppose to come to the west almost a year ago?

HopeNForever

HopeNForever said:

Ah! I already have a retail copy of the first Art Academy, and the Nintendo 3DS entry as well, and am planning to get SketchPad once I have a Wii U... and YET, I gotta have my artsy hands on this bold new entry too!

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

wow this is random. I already draw Pokemon often so I don't know if I'd get this. Especially without 3D.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Awesome, I'm so getting this. If all goes well, I'll be one step closer to changing this avatar.

Superconsole

Superconsole said:

Not gonna lie, I'm rather excited about this. If Pokemon Typing got a Western release, I'm sure this one will :)