The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Will Be Creeping To European Wii U And 3DS Consoles This May

Posted by Damien McFerran

Slightly behind the North American release date

Activision has revealed that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be hitting Europe on May 2nd — just after the North American launch of April 29th, which coincides with the release of the movie in that region. The free-roaming action adventure is launching on a variety of consoles, including the Wii U and 3DS.

The game features everyone's favourite web-slinger in an all-new romp, and comes courtesy of series veteran Beenox. As has already been revealed, the events of the game won't slavishly follow those of the movie.

Will you be laying down your cash for this title? Let us know with a comment.

Related Games

SpookyMeths

SpookyMeths said:

Yep, I'll be getting it. I can't get enough of all this Marvel nonsense.

Hopefully it comes digitally though. If not, Sony gets my money this time.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I had the multiverse game on Wii and that was fun, but Activision doesn't seem to want my money because they don't treat the eShop. No eShop version, no sale.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

I actually liked Spider Man 2, Shattered Dimensions, Web of Shadows, and Amazing Spider Man.....I'll be picking this up too.

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

Depending on reviews, I'm open minded to picking this up.

'DEPENDING ON REVIEWS'.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I always try to keep an open mind about Spider-Man games because this is the one Marvel universe I like as much as the DC ones but outside of Shattered Dimensions none of the Spider-Man games have been that good.

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

Just played the first one and was surprised at how good it was. I had a thoroughly good time.

Will definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@CaviarMeths

Played a bit of Spider-Man 2 and enjoyed it but for me it's more like the new Thief game. I had fun, it did some stuff I like but isn't a truly great experience. To be fair to Web of Shadows, I never played it, there were other games at the time I was way more interested in so I missed the boat on it and to be honest, I probably wouldn't go back and play it now as there's upcoming games that are higher on my list. Including this one. I think there's potential here, just hope it doesn't get wasted. I'll probably end up buying for PS4 since I don't have a Wii U but I'll be interested to see if it uses the gamepad in any unique way. Also want to see how the portable versions turn out. I'm guessing bad but we'll see.

ModernMARVEL

ModernMARVEL said:

I'm throwing money at it right now! Spider-man games have always given me some great memories. Not as great as memories of the Hulk movie game, but great ones nonetheless.

MEGAMAN_D

MEGAMAN_D said:

I'll get it, beenox seem to always do a decent job on the spidey games. I would love them to do a proper sequel to shattered dimension, because I loved that game to bits.

Phle

Phle said:

I got the Amazing Spider-man for Wii U and I was very disappointed. The latest movie was just plain awful and wrong, but I somehow convinced myself the game could be okay. But it just seemed to try to make Spider-man as much like Batman as possible, terrible idea. I love Spider-man, the geeky humoured guy who talks to himself all the time and try to avoid beating up innocents by sneaking past them instead of knocking them unconscious. The second he becomes the handsome, silent, fist fighting guy, it's all over.

This trailer for The Amazing Spider-man 2 doesn't seem promising. Not even one geek joke?! What's with all the darkness?! Batman lives in a dark ominous city called Gotham, but Spider-man lives in New York! Make that the normal and occasionally sunny New York, not the dark version of New York. Seems like the good part of Spider-man has died.

Rezalack

Rezalack said:

I haven't played a Spider-Man game since Spider-Man on the Playstation. I'd be willing to try one if it got decent reviews and had a good cast of villains. I just wish they'd release a Spider-Man game with the quality of the Arkham series. I'd be on-board from the start for that game.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

I'll look into this a little more, and of course watch the movie first, but I think I'll be getting this at launch or shortly after launch on Wii U. I am a huge Spiderman, and this game just looks fun.

Laxeybobby

Laxeybobby said:

Depends if it reviews well, isn't cut down compared to the other formats, and supported as well as the other formats. Then I will purchase it as I am a Marvel fan.

Chubblings

Chubblings said:

I will be getting this on Wii U if reviews aren't too bad. With the last Spider-Man game (Amazing Spider-Man), I thought that wasn't too bad, but this does look better. Would have been great if we got Amazing Spider-Man 2 & Arkham Knight on Wii U...Oh well.

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

But it's by activision so it won't see a digital release sink won't be buying as happened with call of duty ghosts on wii U and ninja turtles on 3ds. I would love to know what the sticking point is with activision refusing to distribute on eshop as all there stuff is on PSN store

Anguspuss

Anguspuss said:

well they may release same dodgy rubbish as well but at least activision still supporting wii u. Next cod as well maybeee

andrea987

andrea987 said:

Was gonna buy the first one on the U, but apparently it's plagued by screen-tearing/framerate issues/whatever, so I desisted. If they fixed that on this one, will defo buy it.

umegames

umegames said:

the 1st one was surprisingly good, and its a good filler until mario kart, so yes i will buy! UNLESS some really awesome GBA VC titles release that month.

Senario

Senario said:

@johndevine Well technically the movie and game rights for Spiderman seem to be owned by Sony motion pictures. So it isn't exactly marvel even if it originated from Marvel.

That said, what is your problem with Marvel? They make good films and people like them. That is why there are more movies being made.

Dpishere

Dpishere said:

Once I got into Shattered Dimensions I thouroughly enjoyed it. So if this game receives fairly good reviews I may consider getting it at some point.

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

@andrea987 Interestingly the screen tearing sort of disappears after a while. The opening sequence is horrendous. Honestly, I've never seen anything like it. I'm not sure if screen ripping is a term, but it seemed to go well beyond screen tearing. Beenox should be ashamed.

But then, soon after getting into the game proper, the screen tearing all but disappears. I barely noticed it after the first 30min. If you can get it cheap, I wouldn't let the screen tearing stop you.

GunstarHero234

GunstarHero234 said:

If they develop a good X-Men title then talk to me but for now even though I like Spiderman games I rather have a better X-Men title than the last garbage one.

(Looking at you X-Men Destiny -_-)

At least Batman Arkham Knight coming so I will still have something forward to when it comes to AAA comic based titles I like.