Magmar and Electabuzz Set for Pokémon X & Y Distribution Event at GAME in UK

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Pokémon Trading Card Game to also get a push

If there's one thing that can be guaranteed with any major generational release of Pokémon, it's special distribution events. Pokémon X & Y is no different, and The Pokémon Company International has announced an upcoming distribution in collaboration with GAME in the UK that will not only give players an iconic 'mon, but also promote the Pokémon Trading Card Game through free samples.

To start with the important business of the Pokémon to be distributed, these will be Magmar for Pokémon X and Electabuzz for Pokémon Y — both of these 'mon appeared in the original Pokémon Red and Blue, and will be holding a a Magmarizer and Electirizer, respectively, so that when traded Magmar will evolve into Magmorta and Electabuzz will evolve into Electivire. This distribution starts on 4th April.

The 'mon will be provided as redemption codes on printed receipts at request, while Pokémon Trading Card Game: XY sample packs will also be available while stock lasts; these "will include a special foil Pikachu card, plus one additional card from the Pokémon TCG: XY expansion".

If you watch children's TV in the UK you may see some adverts for this Easter promotion, too. Will you be heading out to GAME to get these 'mon and a free try of the Trading Card Game?

Electabuzz:

Magmar:

Pokémon Trading Card Game: XY:

ikki5

ikki5 said:

Japan gets Darkrai, UK gets Electabuzz and Magmar (both of which I have... I have all Kanto and Johto pokemon)... Seems like a fair trade. lol

I wonder what NA will get on it's promotional event Y&X pokemon.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@Hyperion It seems not, you just ask for them; the press release says you just ask for a code and it'll be printed out on a receipt for you. Freebies are always nice :)

I'd take your copy of the game, just in case they want to check you have it first.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

@King47

um... don't know why you assume that when NA has gotten loads of these things.... I have a ton of event pokemon in the pokebank now because of them and there are even a good number of event pokemon i missed.

Lord

Lord said:

I heard that game staff are or will be trying to get you to buy something so if you ask there first response will be 'no they are not free you need to buy something' then when pressured they will change that to 'yes they are free'

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

Some other European countries are also getting this though from April 14th. Interestingly enough Spain along with the Netherlands seem to get the option of using a Nintendo Zone.

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

Still no new Mystery Gift...Its March already...

Didn't we get like one new one each month with the DS Pokemon games?

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Cool Electabuzz is one of my favorite Pokemon will be making a trip down to my local Game for this which has a bunch of Poke fans for staff.

YashaStepanovic

YashaStepanovic said:

hey Tom, you have a slight typo (probably just a slip of the keyboard, happens to me all the time)

when traded Magmar will evolve into Magmortar (not Magmorta) and Electabuzz will evolve into Electivire.

chucknorrmis

chucknorrmis said:

@ikki5 wait, really?? I'm genuinely surprised to read this cuz I haven't seen anything other than celebi and torchic being distributed. What else did they hand out?

ikki5

ikki5 said:

@chucknorrmis there was torchic and celebi for Y&X, then there was a bunch for Black and White and Black and White 2... we get tons of promotional pokemon. and of course there has only been a few for Y&X... the games are still relatively new and have only been out for a few months. I am talking about event pokemon in general. NA gets a decent share of their own. I just find it odd how people are worrying when there hasn't been many event pokemon for Y&X really in any region, not even Japan has had too many.

Theober555

Theober555 said:

@Fandabidozi
There's no mention of mega stone's in the article... I think its fair to say you have no idea what a mega stone is, the items the Pokemon are holding have been around since fourth generation :P

ikki5

ikki5 said:

@Fandabidozi

um a pokemon can only be holding one item. if it is holding a Magmarizer or Electrivizer, it cannot be holding the mega stones.

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

@Fandabidozi

The Magmorizer and Electrivizer are the items that you give and trade them with in order to involve. You know when it's a Mega Stone when it says at least most of the name of the Pokemon with the suffix "-ite" at the end. I don't see an Electrivirite or Magmortarite.

AceTrainerBean

AceTrainerBean said:

All these events and bonus pre order gifts that game are doing make me so sad that they left Ireland =(

adwatkin19

adwatkin19 said:

Just collected my two codes this morning as I have x and y. Not redeemed them yet though.