News Article

LEGO The Hobbit Questing Onto Wii U and 3DS in April

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Will block up the charts

With two movies down and a third on the way, LEGO The Hobbit finally has release dates for its arrival on Wii U, 3DS and pretty much every gaming console on the market. It'll begin its epic quest on 8th April in North America and 11th April in Europe.

This game entry will take in events from the first two movies — An Unexpected Journey and The Desolation of Smaug — which naturally leaves questions of how the LEGO series will cover the third film; DLC would be a tempting option, but with the phenomenal ongoing success of the games a separate retail release is a good bet. Thankfully movie director Peter Jackson isn't in charge of the games, meanwhile, as otherwise we suspect LEGO The Hobbit would be an 80 hour adventure spread across half a dozen levels.

In any case, the enduring success of the LEGO franchise will likely see this title perform well. The most recent trailer is below for your viewing pleasure — is this on your wishlist for Wii U or 3DS?

Subscribe to Nintendo Life on YouTube


From the web

Related Games

User Comments (25)



XCWarrior said:

"t'll begin its EPIC quest on 8th April in North America and 11th April in Europe."






Koffeeking0407 said:

Um, yay? I'm a little burnt out on Lego games. I did marvel super heroes and was a little let down by it. Think I'll just replay Lego City Undercover for my Lego fix if I ever need to. That title is outstanding and I don't see them putting one out that tops it anytime soon.



paburrows said:

Man that's quick, usually the second Lego Title of the year comes out in June, but I like this that way there won't be the possibility of it coming out after Fathers day so my boys can get it for me!



darkswabber said:

and they couldn't just wait till there and back again.
i suppose it's like this:
lego lord of the rings
lego hobbit (first 2 movies)
lego hobbit trilogy (all 3 movies)
lego tolkien complete edition (both hobbit and lotr)



GooRoo said:

This will be the first Lego game I don't buy on day one. Haven't seen the movies yet (waiting for a boxed set w/ extended cuts of all three) so by then it should be in the bargain bin anyway. Have way too big of a backlog, anyway (still haven't started Pikmin 3!).



MikeLove said:

If some fool says that the Wii-U doesn't have third party games, just say to them 'Oh ya buddy?! It's got 12 Lego games!!'

That will shut em up!



Spideron said:

@XCWarrior: "An epic is a long book, poem or film which usually tells a story of heroic deeds. Something that is described as epic is considered very impressive or ambitious." And please stop yelling.



sr388survivor said:

If this was based on the book, I'd be all over it. Anyone remember the gamecube game The Hobbit? That was a fun little game.



rjejr said:

Want it, but not buying it until they announce what the plan is for the 3rd movie. And really, why play the first 2 movies when you can just wait and play all 3 straight thru? Makes no sense.



rjejr said:

@skjia - I had the Gamecube Hobbit. All I really remember is trying to pickpocket the trolls around the fire. It's possible I never got past that point and traded it in for $1.



Luna-Harmony said:

Lego this Lego that it's all the same and getting boring Lego marvel is the best lego game all the rest are the same and getting pumped out when will they come up with something new.



Samurai_Goroh said:

Anything LEGO is good, particularly in the middle of a software drought, which is the case with Wii U this Spring. Stop being so picky, guys.



MrGawain said:

At any point did Nintendo Life think about using the headline 'Warner Bros making a Hobbit of releasing Lego games'?



HMNIM said:

Honesty im somewhat worried for march... there seem to be no games releasing durring that time.



therick112 said:

I am waiting to see how the third movie is handled. I see one of three options:

1) DLC (preferred)
2) Enhanced version with all 3 movies
3) Stand alone game (worst case scenario)



element187 said:

@JohnRedcorn why would 3rd party games ever matter on a Nintendo console? In fact why ever play third party games on any console? The 30fps ghetto is no way to go through life.



XCWarrior said:

@Extremist The dictionary needs to update itself.

"Epic, when referring to video games or TV shows, means common, and ordinary. 90% of shows and games in 2013 and 2014 are considered epic. Most consumers would be smart to seek out the other 10 percent."

Leave A Comment

Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...