Natsume Hints Toward Nintendo Announcements Before E3

Posted by Tim Latshaw

Let's see what sprouts up

The puzzley adventure-platformer Yumi's Odd Odyssey (also affectionately known as Farewell Umihara Kawase) is slated for release by Natsume on the North American eShop sometime this month. Not much else is currently known about Natsume's future plans for the 3DS, but its Twitter account implies that we may know more by June.

Responding to a fan request to know when more would be revealed about the company's next 3DS games, the @Natsume_Inc Twitter account had this to say:

The tweet should probably not be taken as a statement of absolution, but is still encouraging for those waiting for the latest from the Harvest Moon publisher. For those wondering whether the next announcement might have anything to do with that series, anything is possible, but according to Siliconera the next Harvest Moon game isn't being released until February in Japan, leaving lots of potential time for localization before announcements are typically made elsewhere.

Are you hoping for something Harvest Moon-related from Natsume in the future, or something along one of their other lines of play? Let us know in the comments.

[via siliconera.com, gonintendo.com]

B-Squared

B-Squared said:

I thought that screenshot was a stage from Smash 4 for a moment. I might be a tad obsessed. Nice to see information teased out throughout the year. Having to wait until E3 for any information....I'm not sure I can take that anymore, for anything!

Rezalack

Rezalack said:

@Burning_Spear My sentiments exactly.

I'm expecting them to give a release date for the new Harvest Moon 3DS before E3 though. I don't know why they'd save that for E3 when we already know it exists..

Harvest Moon Wii U on the other hand though, that'd be a VERY pleasant surprise to show at E3.

mamp

mamp said:

Knowing them it's the millionth version of Harvest Moon, no wonder they're going under.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Anybody remember the old Pocky & Rocky games by Natsume, for SNES? I'd love a surprise here, and see P&R make a comeback! 😄

Morph

Morph said:

How about harvest moon x animal crossing, nintendo loves their crossovers at the minute

hiptanaka

hiptanaka said:

@FluttershyGuy Oh yes. I fondly remember Pocky & Rocky. I'd get that for VC in a heartbeat. Or a sequel, as long as it's good and has the same visual charm.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I really hope Yumi's Odd Odyssey comes to the PAL eShop. That's a game high on my most wanted list thanks to seeing a game from the same series on GCCX. Otherwise I probably would've just ignored it & missed out on a potentially amazing game :D

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

I would love a (good) Harvest Moon title on WiiU! I loved Tree of Tranquility on Wii, and the two 3DS games were great (A New Beginning being the better of the two). I would still love a Harvest Moon 64 remake on 3DS probably most of all. Or at least bring it to Virtual Console. I own the original cartridge and box still, but I'd rather play it in a spot where my data is more secure. (I lost 10 years of data once)

Windy

Windy said:

@KnightRider666 I sure like Hometown story. Once you get your little store up and Running the gameplay can get fast and addictive. I like it better than any of the Harvest moons i've played. Very Underrated. Its much more simplistic than the harvest Moons. You pretty much just worry about your shop and that's it. The rest is open world RPG goodness. Ton of Character Cut Scenes.

Rezalack

Rezalack said:

I think a new "Legend of the River King" title would be interesting, too. I never played the originals, but as a fan of fishing and RPG's, they've always appealed to me. There's a good chance I'd buy it if they made a new one for 3DS or Wii U especially, heh.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@Windy: I played it, and it didn't keep my interest. Natsume used to be "serious fun", but all they seem to make anymore are Harvest Moon clones. They are becoming very jaded in my opinion...

CrimsonMoonMist

CrimsonMoonMist said:

Please be about localization plans for Harvest Moon Connect to a New World!
The sooner it gets over to the US, the sooner we in Europe can begin our most likely year-long wait for our version.

Doobie

Doobie said:

LETS GO HARVEST MOON!!! Although I'm not sure I have enough time in my life for another great game xD

GC-161

GC-161 said:

@KnightRider666

What you said makes absolutely no sense for Natsume. Their last Harvest Moon game for 3DS outsold the best selling handheld HM game for the DS. If anything, that is proof that they should make another one to keep the momentum going.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@GC-161: Dude how many times can a company remake almost exactly the same game? C'mon. There used to be more to Natsume than Harvest Moon back in the day!

GC-161

GC-161 said:

@KnightRider666

Like I said, what you said makes no sense TO NATSUME.

Their last game did better than the last handheld HM. Do you expect them to stop carving a better niche for themselves on the platform and move away from that?

I understand where you're coming from thought. But at least Natsume is supporting the 3DS when it succeeds. Unlike CAPCOM who are using the money made with MH4 to make mobile games instead of more 3DS games.