Bravely Default North American Demo To Include Unique Quest and Hours of Exclusive Content

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Arrives on 2nd January

While European gamers are fortunate enough to have Bravely Default available on 3DS now, it seems North American gamers will also have plenty of opportunity to enjoy the game ahead of its retail release. Nintendo of America has confirmed that a demo for the title will hit the region's 3DS eShop on 2nd January, and stated that it'll consist of a side quest story "with hours of content not included in the main game".

As well as that content, StreetPass will be possible with both the demo and the full game, the latter of which arrives on 7th February — these hits have bonuses such as the ability to speed up building tasks. In addition StreetPass tags, item packs and registered friends will be transferable from the demo to the retail game, so the hours put into the free offering certainly won't be wasted. The standard game will retail at a recommended price of $39.99, while select retailers will offer the limited edition — which includes the game, an art book, a soundtrack CD and 34 augmented-reality cards — for $49.99.

The trailer for the demo and full game is below, accompanied by epic music. Let us know if you plan to take on the extensive demo when it lands in the New Year.

Lan

Lan said:

That sleep point thing is the worst thing ever. Stupid casual game mechanics are infiltrating real games.

Dyl_73

Dyl_73 said:

This is a fantastic game.
The sp points thing is a rubbish idea but 40 hours into the game I have yet to actually use it. It's just not required. So to those who are yet to play this great game, don't worry.

Nareva

Nareva said:

I just bought a 3DS XL, partly hoping to find the game that scratches that RPG itch without boring me to tears. I haven't finished a "traditional" RPG, by that I mean the old-style Dragon Warrior and NES/SNES FF, for over ten years. The grinding grinds me down until I just become apathetic and stop playing. I tried with Etrian Odyssey II and Shiren the Wanderer and, later, one of the revamped early FFs on iOS. I still like the idea of RPGs, I just haven't found one that keeps me interested. This meaty demo should give me a good idea if this game will do it.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

This also sounds like the best use of streepass and friends list to date. More games need to do this please!

Boidoh

Boidoh said:

I hope this demo will have unlimited plays since its a full side-story.

GN004Nadleeh

GN004Nadleeh said:

the wait for this game has been long but i am so happy about the demo save data used in the real game!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@Nareva You should really try Etrian Odyssey 4. There's a demo in the shop and its come a long ways since EO2. Plus there's plenty of other rpgs out now that might appeal to you. I never finished EO2 but I did finish EO4!

m7md

m7md said:

am 25 hours in the game and am loving the game America u will love this game.

imgrowinglegs

imgrowinglegs said:

@Nareva

Have you ever tried a Shin Megami Tensei game? I'd recommend all of the ones available on 3DS/DS.

There's Shin Megami Tensei IV, SMT Soul Hackers, SMT Strange Journey, and the 2 Devil Survivor games.

SMT IV and Strange Journey are my two favorites of the bunch, but they're all incredibly solid and not grind-fests. Definitely not a breeze either though.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@Nareva I also highly recommend SMT IV. Its the best rpg on the system right now followed closely by EO4. Also try the demo of Etrian Odyssey untold. Is a remake of the first but with a full on story mode and one all new masive size dungeon! Oh and yes DS Overclocked is fantastic as well but its more stratagy like Fire Emblem.

Falchion

Falchion said:

@Nareva Shin Megami Tensei!

I am currently playing through devil summoner soul hackers which is really good and has a very good story. Enough to keep me more than occupied.

I also like IV as it is more refined but i think it has a lack luster story that gets dull but many mechanics and gameplay are more refined. I am very new to Shin Megami Tensei and love it! U should try it out

element187

element187 said:

@Nareva 3DS RPG's? My two favorite of the year is Fire Emblem Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei 4. The latter one has actually been able to tear me away from SM3DW at times. I highly recommend it if you like dark JRPG's

element187

element187 said:

@Falchion how far did you get into the story SMT IV? I didn't care for the begin inning too much but kept with it.... I'm about 75 hours in. It's a roller coaster emotionally because how attached you get to Isabeau.... I'll stop before spoilers materialize.

Falchion

Falchion said:

@element187 ya i didn't get too far only 15 hours, i do have a short attention span for games though. It just seemed like a very shallow story and demon summoner soul hacker got good quick

Lan

Lan said:

@DarkwingLz But how can we trust the developers to keep the game balanced? There's an incentive for them to make the game unnecessarily hard without these SP bullcrap, and we either wait, or buy SP. And I dunno about you, but when I'm into a game, i don't wanna wait eight hours before I can beat something.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@Lan From what i hear, it's perfectly balanced. Think of this mode like Super Guide in Mario games or the Hint Ghosts in Zelda. You don't have to use them, but they help if you're not that experienced.

mullen

mullen said:

I don't have EU 3DS, so I can't comment that version. However I think that what described is same as JP version. If you mean NA has a better demo, does that mean EU have a special simplified demo? Sounds nonsense. Can anyone played EU demo comment it?

WYLD-WOO

WYLD-WOO said:

@mullen
I have completed the EU demo and the article describes it as the same one that you guys will be getting. What`s great about this amazing demo is the hours you can put in. Together with it being separate to the main game and the cool feature of carrying your levels/items over.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@Nareva
Fire Emblem Awakening. If there's one game, of ANY genre, that you get for your 3DS, get this game. Then come back after you beat it and let me know how it's your new favorite game of all time. I'm looking forward to hearing your response!

Nareva

Nareva said:

@JaxonH You talk a big game, a somewhat convincing one. I've been wondering if that would be to my liking. I've never been hugely into strategy games, but it's another genre I've wanted to try. If I do, I'll definitely start with that game. Thanks for the recommendation.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@Nareva I second err 3rd that. Fire emblem awakening is a game that shouldn't be missed by any RPG or strategy fan do yourself a favor and treat yourself to that masterpiece
SMT lV supposed to be great I got the special edition or whatever its called for around $30 comes with an art book strategy guide and music CD I believe and some other stuff haven't had time to play it yet but I hear great things Might want to check into it

mullen

mullen said:

@WYLD-WOO thank you for the information. That's same as I expected. It's not NA players will be any luckier, it's just NOA knows how to advertise the demo in a better way.

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

Wow, that seems really impressive for a demo! I already have the game on pre-order, but I look forward to this.

Kenchi

Kenchi said:

Downloaded it last night. Have yet to play it. Pretty excited about it though!