Nintendo Outlines Details of Third Wave of Pikmin 3 DLC

Posted by Lewis Childs

Eight new Mission Mode stages incoming

Since Pikmin 3’s release back in the summer, the game has already seen two downloadable add-on mission mode sets, both available through the Wii U’s eShop.

In today’s Nintendo Direct presentations, a third mission mode pack has been announced for release on 2nd December in Europe and North America; the price is confirmed as $4.99 in the latter region. Eight new stages will be available in the volume, including four ‘Collect Treasure’ stages and four ‘Battle Enemies’ levels. Unlike the two previously available packs, the eight stages will be in brand new locations not found within the main game. These range from someone’s house during a party, a beach and a mysterious factory. One stage sees the return of Captain Olimar, the main protagonist from Pikmin and Pikmin 2, as a controllable character; Louie also makes a guest appearance during this stage and can be added to your team.

A software update will be required in order to play the new stages. However, those who do update their software will receive two new stages for free.

Will you be downloading this new pack of stages? Let us know in the comments section.

[via nintendo.co.uk]

Emblem

Emblem said:

I'll be downloading this for sure, i'm glad they made whole new levels this time around :) .

Spuratis

Spuratis said:

@Emblem Yup, I haven't bought any Pikmin DLC yet, but I was planning too. After seeing this though.. I really want it. The levels look really fun. I'm glad they added whole new areas, though at first, I expected them to add boss fights. Oh well, some day perhaps.

gefflt

gefflt said:

Brand new content, yay! And still not expensive so that's great news! :)

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Only a week ago I made a post on Miiverse talking about how great it would be if Nintendo released all new mission stages that would be 100% new and low and behold it happens, thanks Nintendo.

Funny_Moblin

Funny_Moblin said:

I'm glad about this, especially with brand new maps and mechanics. Now if only Nintendo could add these for Bingo Battle. We need Bingo Battle DLC.

WanderingPB

WanderingPB said:

Im definitely going to get this ive been having a great time playing the last 2 DLC.

@Funny_moblin i agree we need more stages for the bingo battles…and dare i hope for possible online bingo battles?!?!?!?!

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Awesome! I was slightly disappointed that the previous DLC wasn't new stages but rather rearranged ones. But it's all good, I'll buy this new DLC too 7 check out the new areas :D

EarthboundBenjy

EarthboundBenjy said:

I was not disappointed with the previous DLC at all. All of the new stages, even though they were just old areas rearranged, offered a completely different puzzle to solve. You can't say that Thirsty Desert Normal and Thirsty Desert Remix are the exact same stage. They require completely different strategies! There's nothing similar between them at all except for where it takes place.

ThumperUK

ThumperUK said:

I'm pleased that Nintendo is not overcharging us for the DLC, the two packs I've bought have been great value for money, can't wait for these new levels!

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I like the existing DLC, a quite bite of Pikmin is fun and they're pretty challenging - no gold for me yet!

Mooj738

Mooj738 said:

Def buying it, love how they are supporting Pikmin, I don't want anymore bingo levels however online play for it would be an absolute blast to play!

Also possibly Story DLC but maybe they are already planning this would be great to keep supporting it!

rjejr

rjejr said:

I'm not a big fan of the $4.99 price. I understand its new areas, but 5 levels for $1.99 followed by 5 levels for $1.99 then 10 levels for $4.99 doesn't add up.

They should have just used the Bingo areas that aren't used in the missions. The playroom is my favorite location.

Oh well, 2 free levels to look forward to, but I think we'l stop paying now. Though I suppose it might be good use of my 10% $5 bonus once I get it.

Tainy

Tainy said:

I was hoping we'd get at least two or three new enemy types. I personally would prefer new enemies to new environments.