Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Will Lay Claim To This Much Space On Your 3DS Console's SD Card

Posted by Damien McFerran

If you take the digital download version, of course

Yesterday we had the scoop on the download size of Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, while earlier today we revealed how much space Super Mario 3D World would take up on your Wii U. You might assume that was enough, but we're far from being done with divulging such digital delights.

We can also tell you that The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds will soak up 5482 blocks on your 3DS console's SD card, which equates to around 685MB. By way of comparison, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy takes up 7,309 blocks, which is about 914MB.

If your SD card is running low on space and you plan to pick download over physical, you might want to invest in a new card before the game is released.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

well, should be fine for me. I am either going to buy the limited edition 3DS XL ( even though I have two normal 3DS) and i am going to retail version :)

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I agree with some people who have suggested that this information should be added to the Game Overview table to the right of each game. It is very useful and it makes for easier reference.

Mommar

Mommar said:

I've been rocking at 32GB card in my 3DS for awhile. I'll be fine... for now.

JuanitoShet

JuanitoShet said:

Never siezes to amaze me how some big games can be so small. Especially when we talk games such as Super Mario 3D World and Pokemon X & Y.

Warruz

Warruz said:

Day 1 when i purchased my 3DS i snaged a large SD card, im all set to NEVER loose a zelda game again!

Late

Late said:

@B4SDR4G; Actually it was closer to 2GB (1.7GB).

I won't be getting this game at launch so I might wait until I can get it cheaper. One less game to eat space from my memory card and one more box on the shelf (unless there's eShop sale).

Ren

Ren said:

still a month away? dang. Good idea, above I need to put one of my 64g cards in and forget about the space. It's starting to be appealing putting more on my card for travel.

JonSpangler

JonSpangler said:

@audiobrainiac

3DS takes 64gb card? I thought 32 was the highest it goes? Not that im running out of space but with AC, Luigis Mansion, Link now I am getting a collection going.

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

@JonSpangler Just format the SDXC card Fat32 and it works. (SDXC is exFat by default) I also have a 64GB card in my 3DSXL

On topic: I'll go for the download.

taffy

taffy said:

Download here too, still have about 80,000 blocks left on my 32GB card so should have plenty of room when Monster Hunter 4 and the next Metroid come out... if they come out :

Benjamin

Benjamin said:

...this has me very, very worried about how extensive (or rather, NOT extensive) the content of the game will be, if it's that much smaller than some of the recent releases.

Zemus-DJ

Zemus-DJ said:

No worries about space when your loaded with a 128GB card :D bring it on! Thou to be honest my card is almost half full (10gigs in 3d videos, rest games) within the next or so I might have to look into a 256 lol.

SubZer023

SubZer023 said:

i have a 32 gig in it has 240,000 or 280,000 idk one of thoes with some games downloaded in ACNL so i should be fine also got music love listing to music while getting streetpass

Justaguest

Justaguest said:

I regret every single digital purchase I made. Those games just dont feel like part of my collection. Not gonna be lazy about buying boxed versions ever again.. I am probably going crazy but I may even get boxes for those games. I wonder if they sell them lol

RobbSnow

RobbSnow said:

I have gone mostly digital since it's been possible. I have bought the following games digitally; NSMB2, Luigi Mansion, Mario and luigi dream team, Layton, Pokemon, animal crossing, both Etrian odysseys, and sticker star. The only one I regret buying is sticker star because I hate it. Otherwise I only wish I had a physical copy of the games that allowed for multiple saves. I bought my fiancé a 3ds this summer, so if a Link Between Worlds has more than one save file, I will be buying the physical copy to share. However I really want the zelda 3dsxl .....

Mayleene

Mayleene said:

Where does one get a new SD card? Love having all my games with me and not having to keep up with those slot chips.

GN004Nadleeh

GN004Nadleeh said:

most games i download to my ps3 are well over 5 gigs, it takes up space to make a good game. who remembers buying the original legend of zelda for $50? its only like 25kb. i do wish the wii u had more space without having to commit an entire hdd to the system

c1pher_c0mplet

c1pher_c0mplet said:

@Banker-Style Same; boxed copy for me as well. If digital releases ever came bundled w/the same benefits as boxed editions just in digital form like they do w/the game manuals now (e.g. digital art books, soundtracks, Club Nintendo points inserts, etc.), I'd totally start going download-exclusive.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@SetupDisk @DracioKoi

Nice to see that you agree. When I got Code of Princess I was not sure if I needed another SD card, and I had to ask in the comments if anyone knew the size.

@Damo

Is there a way to request this? Like the Contact form or some other way? If you don't know what I am talking about, it would be to add the file size in the info you put in Game Overview for each game.

KevTastic84

KevTastic84 said:

Hey all, long time reader newbie poster. I if available always buy a physica; release. The same price and something to add to the collection. Physical stuff for life, CD's, DVD's, Games

GamerFromJump

GamerFromJump said:

@Mommar
I actually had to delete Shin Megami Tensei 4 (from a 32GB card!) to make room for Pokemon X. I'm now waiting for a 64GB card to arrive in the mail. Sooo many games to download!