2DS Now Available For Less Than £100 In The UK

Posted by Damien McFerran

The run up to the holiday season is upon us

The Nintendo 2DS launched less than two weeks ago on the same day as Pokémon X & Y landed on shelves around the world.

Retailers in the UK set the price at £109.99 but with Christmas fast approaching several of them have made the move to knock a whole ten pounds off to get the console under that magic £100 figure.

Orange-clad supermarket Sainsbury’s is now offering the 2DS for £99.99 in-store, while it can be ordered for £99 online from its big rival Tesco Direct. Meanwhile, online retailer Amazon has also started selling the 2DS system for £99.

However, one of the best deals comes from catalogue giant Argos, which will be offering the console for £99 tomorrow along with two games - LEGO The Lord of the Rings and Moshi Monsters: Katsuma Unleashed. That particular deal will expire on 26th October.

There are plenty of good deals out there for 2DS in the UK, with the Nintendo UK store itself offering the console with a copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf for £129.99.

Will these deals entice you into picking up a 2DS? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via mcvuk.com]

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

I somewhat want a 2DS for the novelty of it, but seeing Nintendo kind of scale back the 3D effort in the new Zelda and Pokémon makes me less interested in buying one... I want Nintendo to keep trying to innovate gameplay with new 3D ideas. I don't know if Mario 3D Land would have been nearly as cool had they made it with today's attitude.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

Man, I still need to get a 3DS. I was gonna get the White XL one, but it's currently almost twice as much as this...

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

YES! My little bro (7) wanted one of these but that £110 price point was just slightly too big/not enough difference from the 3DS price. Now maybe I can convince my parents to buy it for his birthday! :)

Goginho

Goginho said:

@123akis I think it has something to do with the multicultural society and the jewish community. I'm not quite sure though. I used to live in Canada, and I remember the year when it was determined that we had to switch from saying "Merry Christmas" to "Happy Holidays", as that's more politically correct and less offensive I guess, since there are a lot of different ethnicities and religions in North America.

MJKOP

MJKOP said:

I've just rang my sister to tell her this, she's getting her two boys a 2DS each for Christmas, thank you!

DilMan33

DilMan33 said:

@123akis

My experience of America is that Holiday season starts at the end of November (Thanksgiving/Black Friday) and ends after the New Year.

So that's a lot of holidays when you count Christmas and Hanukkah.

Dyl_73

Dyl_73 said:

The more I see of this the more I think it will be a big hit. The vita is dying a slow and painfull death while the 3DS / 2DS seems to just keep battling on. I can imagine my daughter wanting to upgrade her dsi to a 2DS very soon. We'll have to see what Santa can do.

Olmectron

Olmectron said:

You're all so lucky. The stores in my country sell it at €170 as standard price...

Pj1

Pj1 said:

I've got a 3DS, so i have no need for this but I was in tesco earlier and they were doing them for £100 and thought blimey that's good price but I feel sorry for those who paid full price... for a 2DS that is.

Hit-Girl

Hit-Girl said:

Me Mum got me a white and red one today :3
It's really, really comfy. I love it!

CrashMan

CrashMan said:

This system is surprisingly very comfortable to play! I know it doesn't incorporate the 3D but after the other systems gave me cramping issues in my hands the 2DS is a very welcome addition for myself.

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

I got mine for € 139 (Netherlands) as well, but I did get a € 10 discount off Pokémon X :) with it.

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

Lowest streetprice here in the Netherlands is now 122 euro for the 2DS by itself and 160 euro bundled with a game. I think a lot of kids here will get a 2DS and a Pokemon game from Santa Claus this year.

PrincessSugoi

PrincessSugoi said:

@123akis

Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, and New Year's all happen November thru January and are generally what is referred to as the Holiday season here. Goginho is correct though in pointing out that there has been some recent efforts to get people out of the mindset of automatically saying "Merry Christmas" and say "Happy Holidays" instead as to not offend those who don't celebrate it.

MJKOP

MJKOP said:

My sister just picked a red&white one with DS Moshi Monsters & DS Lego Lord Of The Rings & a carry case for £109.99, she's delighted. I got my daughter's two weeks ago from GAME with Hello Kitty & Friends & a carry case for £129.99, its all good