Well, Here's an Awesome Tanooki Mario Statue

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Yours for just $199 US Dollars

We do like Nintendo memorabilia here at Nintendo Life, as anyone that follows our Instagram account can see. So when First 4 Figures announces a planned range of Super Mario statues that are officially licensed by Nintendo, you can bet we're interested.

The first in this new range is set to be a beauty, too. It's a ''Tanooki Mario' statue based on the design in Super Mario 3D Land; it's "15" tall and is made from a high
quality polystone resin, with hand-finished paintwork and detailing". Oh my...

Set to be available in the first quarter of 2014, there'll be a limited edition that'll also include an optional scarf accessory and a Super Leaf on a question mark block; the standard version will just feature the Tanooki Mario statue. Both are available for pre-order, with the standard model at $199.99 US dollars and the limited edition at $239.99 US dollars — only 750 units will be made of the latter, while currency conversion will apply and, outside of the US and UK, shipping costs.

Some rather lovely images are below; are any of you planning to splash the cash on this?

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

Those are amazing. I want that leaf statue.

Now I just need to sell my liver. The Irish don't need that.

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

I was just looking at some of their statues the other day. They look very great and I'd hope to even buy one if possible someday.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

not a big fan of the tanooki suit but damn i would love to have that statue :o

WitchSugoi

WitchSugoi said:

This is making me miss having money (as if I don't already do that everyday). I really love the leaf on the question block, lovely really.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Wow those are nice. I wish I had the money to spend on that. Either that or they should give those away as a CN platinum prize one year. ;)

NbaJunkie

NbaJunkie said:

Meh...all I want is the Nintendo swag that only club Nintendo of Japan gets.got the pikmin tote cause I thought it would be limited.Guess it was a surplus..gave it to the misses

sleepinglion

sleepinglion said:

Well, it's a beauty... and much better than the terrible 10 dollar Mario figures at Toys R Us and Target... but geez... way too pricey. Give us a nice 50 dollar Figma instead, I'll buy one.

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

Agreed. Fifteen inches is really unnecessary. If they made it about 5 or 6 inches tall, they could drop the price significantly. And if they charged fifty bucks for it, they might actually sell some of them, because nobody in their right mind is going to spend 200 dollars on something like this.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

F4F make some spectacular figures. I have this Sheik figure I bought about 5 years ago for about £70. Excellent quality stuff :)