Video: Feast Your Eyes On 10 Minutes Of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Gameplay Footage

Posted by Damien McFerran

We sail the seven seas for you

It's not long now until the world gets to experience The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD on the Wii U, so to ensure that your anticipation levels remain at maximum we've cooked up some gameplay footage taken from our first few hours with the epic adventure.

If you've played Wind Waker on the GameCube then it will all look very familiar, if a little less fuzzy. If you're a complete newcomer to the title, then hopefully you'll see some stuff which will make you even more keen to get your grubby hands on it.

Wind Waker HD launches in North America and Europe on October 4th.

Keep

Keep said:

5:00 ~ thats what you get for breaking other people's vases... lolz

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I really need the review to force my hand with this buying decision. I never thought this was the best Zelda, the sailing and lack of land disappointed me. I really enjoyed the combat and subsequent Zelda games have made me appreciate the side quests in this one but do I really need to play it again?

Sjoerd

Sjoerd said:

To me, this Zelda has the best soundtrack. I used to boot up Brawl just to listen to those songs.

Buduski

Buduski said:

@Nintendojoe64, I share your chain of thought, for this one I might need to be persuaded by Nintendo lifes review to consider replaying this one

Kirk

Kirk said:

Despite a few little niggles with how they've handed the visuals in this HD update it is still a beautiful game.

Makes me want to play it again and actually complete it this time.

Boxmonkey

Boxmonkey said:

This will be my first dowload game (due to the small file size). I've not played this game for ten years now! :o

yuwarite

yuwarite said:

Looks beautiful. I wish more games would strive for vivid art styles, instead of realistic all the time.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Looks really pretty. The game looks even smoother when you see in person, as I did at the Best Buy Nintendo event. This is is going to be an even bigger treat for me since I've never played the game before. I'll be playing it like it was meant to be, bright and colorful.

Blast

Blast said:

WOW! I can't wait to play this gorgeous game!!!!!!!! Link looks so cool without his hat on!

Jllanos22

Jllanos22 said:

Still thinking of buying this game since I have the gamecube version plus the hd version too expensive for a remake!!!

Captain_Gonru

Captain_Gonru said:

I'm very excited to play this one again. Though, I really feel they missed an opportunity to include the original's Tingle Tuner. The Gamepad seems like such an easy substitute for the GBA. I played through most of the first game with a friend thanks to it.

chaos_

chaos_ said:

I'm glad this is a REAL HD remake and not a fake one were they just brighten the game and don't re do textures and characters -_-

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

CANNOT WAIT TO PLAY THIS BEAUTY! Even though I still need to wait 3 more weeks since I pre-ordered the Ganon figure edition. I would not touch Miiverse once the digital version releases or I will be tempted to download it right away! haha

james_squared

james_squared said:

I'm sure it's great, but I'm not going to watch it. I'm waiting for the game itself. I've been teased enough already.

Spuratis

Spuratis said:

Preordered my bundle yesterday, can't wait to pick it up next friday. Never played Wind Waker before.. kind of glad I waited now.

paperweight

paperweight said:

graphics look great in HD as do the new textures but there're lots of sharp edges and landscapes with flat inclines and surfaces. Seems like it'll be great for alot of zelda fans and people who want nintendo to succeed but doesn't quite bring the game to the expectations that gamers have for next generation (or even the current one really).